Whilst I've Got The House To Myself

Got the house to myself for an hour or so, son's at nursery and the wifes at work. :D So I can play my records without anyone whinging about they'd rather watch telly! :D

It's just stuff I've been playing randomly, whilst trying to sort my record box out (need to get another one this ones overflowing!).

The Steelers - Get It From The Bottom - Date

Shirley Brown - I Don't Play That - Soundtown (back of box for years, car boot purchase)

Shirley Brown - Looking For The Real Thing - Soundtown

Little Charles - Guess I'll Have To Take What's Left - Jewell

The Chi-Lites - What Do I Wish For - Brunswick

Jackie Lee - Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide - Mirwood

Tommy Hunt - The Biggest Man - Columbia (Canadian)

Linda Carr - Baby, Are You Puttin' Me On - DCP

Carol & Geri - On You Heartaches Look Good - MGM (Blue Vinyl - Bootleg) :huh:

The Intruders - Pray For Me - Gamble (back of box for years, car boot purchase)

JJ Barnes - Baby, Please Come Back Home - Groovesville

Nella Dodds - Finders Keepers, Loosers Weepers - Wand

Chuck Jackson - Are You Lonely For Me - Motown

Majestic - Send My Baby Back To Me - Equator

Don Hart & James Shorter - All The Love I Got - La Beat

Mask Man & The Agents - I Wouldn't Come Back - Loop

Fontella Bass - I Can't Rest - Checker

Debra Johnson - To Get Love You've Got To Bring Love - Kent 6T's

:dance: :thumbup:

My Living Room - The only place where you can hear such a disjointed set! :yes:

Also the only place I can dance without people pointing and laughing at me! :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy Kempster

Fontella Bass - I Can't Rest - Checker

Great tune...  :huh:

Do you know her 'Lucky In Love'? Absolutely brilliant :thumbup:

link

i always play the flipside - I Surrender....brilliant, a definite fave of mine

Social source share

Do you know her 'Lucky In Love'? Absolutely brilliant :yes:

link

Just had a listen on Soul Club, a nice tune.

I actually played 'Recovery' the other day and that sounded better than I seemed to remember! Why did I, for so long assume that everything she'd done would sound like Rescue Me ??? :thumbsup:wink.gif

It never seems to amaze me that some artists lesser known stuff, is better than their biggest hits IMO. :yes:

Anyway, Lucky In Love, yet another record to add to the wants list (does it ever end?!). :yes:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Just had a listen on Soul Club, a nice tune.

I actually played 'Recovery' the other day and that sounded better than I seemed to remember! Why did I, for so long assume that everything she'd done would sound like Rescue Me ???  :thumbsup:   wink.gif  

It never seems to amaze me that some artists lesser known stuff, is better than their biggest hits IMO. :yes:

Anyway, Lucky In Love, yet another record to add to the wants list (does it ever end?!).  :yes:

link

No it doesn't :yes: I was the same actually, never really thought about listening to her other stuff until 'Lucky...' and 'I Can't Rest' were up on Manship's Recommended page... good news though, 'Lucky..' is cheap, £15 on Manship, seen it for as little as £8 on lists.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

No it doesn't  :thumbsup: I was the same actually, never really thought about listening to her other stuff until 'Lucky...' and 'I Can't Rest' were up on Manship's Recommended page... good news though, 'Lucky..' is cheap, £15 on Manship, seen it for as little as £8 on lists.

link

there are so many great cheap records around, i often think it is disappointing that people won't listen to a record just because it doesn't carry a £300 tag

Social source share

you should know mate

Thats what makes it all the more fun :yes:

the gasher :yes::yes:

wee willie winkie

If only my cock was as big as your mouth Steve

Id shove it right down your throat just to shut you up :thumbsup:

Id be a happy chappy.. yes.gifwink.gif

Edited by gash99
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Shirley Brown - I Don't Play That - Soundtown (back of box for years, car boot purchase)

Shirley Brown - Looking For The Real Thing - Soundtown

link

hang on, these are on the same record - no wonder you're overflowing

love both of these, play em at home all of the time (i think i dont play that was an "answer" record to something in the grand tradition of the barbara, this is shirley... series, is that right?)

there's a remix of looking for the real thing on the flip of the UK boyfriend 12" which i prefer (it's a bit more punchy, the original is looser)

does anyone know if it was issued on a US 7", or was it done just for the UK?

Social source share

i always play the flipside - I Surrender....brilliant, a definite fave of mine

link

never really seen what the fuss is about this i know people who go nuts for it

just not my cup of splosh :thumbsup:

Social source share

there are so many great cheap records around, i often think it is disappointing that people won't listen to a record just because it doesn't carry a £300 tag

link

Social source share

link

I dug out a Pasadenas 12" the other day "Round & Round" , if you did'nt know it was the Pasadenas you would have thought WOW what a brilliant tune (if you like modern) just proves that cos its cheap does'nt mean its crap whistling.gif

Social source share

link

I believe the lads at Sheridans are having an Allnighter, where all records played are valued at under £50 (but for how long?).

I think it's planned for Saturday 9th July 2005. >> Click Here For More Info <<

Social source share

I believe the lads at Sheridans are having an Allnighter, where all records played are valued at under £50 (but for how long?).

link

All night.....

There's plenty of records that are worth under £30....

But since we will be using Messers Ovenchips or Timbo's price guides, we thought it better to err on the side of caution and make them under £50 sounds.

WOOF!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert