2 Obscure Chicago Sweet Soul Wants

boba

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What's the title of the Lintons record? I don't think I know it and I've got a lot of the Lock/Master Key/Erica stuff. Never seen another copy of the Debonairs besides my own. Great record, though.

Greg

the lintons is come back to me / lost love. it's not the same version of lost love as on erica. Do you have the delon washington 45 on lovelite? that is another hard clarence johnson record. Did you know that lock was actually owned by 4 people and not just clarence. At least according to Kenny Wells, the letters in the label stood for:

Lucky cordell

edward Okelly

Clarence johnson

Kenny wells

The main artist Kenny dealt with was lee sain.

Social source share

the lintons is come back to me / lost love. it's not the same version of lost love as on erica. Do you have the delon washington 45 on lovelite? that is another hard clarence johnson record. Did you know that lock was actually owned by 4 people and not just clarence. At least according to Kenny Wells, the letters in the label stood for:

Lucky cordell

edward Okelly

Clarence johnson

Kenny wells

The main artist Kenny dealt with was lee sain.

I think both Clarence and Kenny told me that. I've spent more time with Lucky than either of the other 2 and he never mentioned it. Never met Ed Okelly.

I do not have the Delon Washington record, and I've never heard of it. I really like just about everything I've heard from this stable of labels.

Social source share

I think both Clarence and Kenny told me that. I've spent more time with Lucky than either of the other 2 and he never mentioned it. Never met Ed Okelly.

I do not have the Delon Washington record, and I've never heard of it. I really like just about everything I've heard from this stable of labels.

another hard one is the second el anthony on star-vue, do you have that? ed okelly was involved with a bunch of stuff but he ran the teako label himself. both sides of the delon washington are great, i can send you audio if you want.

Social source share

another hard one is the second el anthony on star-vue, do you have that? ed okelly was involved with a bunch of stuff but he ran the teako label himself. both sides of the delon washington are great, i can send you audio if you want.

I have both el anthony's on star-vue. Won one on ebay, but when it arrived it wasn't the title in the auction. When i emailed the guy about it, he sent the "correct" one and told me to keep both.

Where does Otis Brown fit into these things? What was the Lujuna connection with Lock/Master Key/Erica/Star-Vue ?

Social source share

I have both el anthony's on star-vue. Won one on ebay, but when it arrived it wasn't the title in the auction. When i emailed the guy about it, he sent the "correct" one and told me to keep both.

Where does Otis Brown fit into these things? What was the Lujuna connection with Lock/Master Key/Erica/Star-Vue ?

stormy (the twinight guy) actually produced the el anthony 45s on star-vue if you look at them. I don't think lujuna was connected to clarence stuff at all. El anthony was from gary and was a member of the passions on tower by the way.

Social source share

Source Advert