5 Discs You Wished You Had Danced To When They Were Huge

Koolkat

This could apply to the old and the young. The old who left the scene and then returned. The young who obviously werent there at the time. Myself? I was active on the scene from 73 thru to 78. My peak years were 73 to 75 when I and my mates were out every night somewhere in the north west. The critea as to be that you never danced to the tunes when they were at the top of their popularity. I wished I had not dropped off the scene and missed dancing to these five. Obviously the tunes I am naming may have been played somewhere where I was not attending on the night. Soooooo.......... I wished I had danced to these. Fuelled off course.

1. Eric Mercury....Lonely girl

2 Don Gardener....Cheatin kind

3 Marvellos......Something burning ( Im not sure this was huge but I love it to bits.)

4 Cecil Washington....I dont liketo lose

5 Ben E King ........Cant break the news

Plenty more as well.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This could apply to the old and the young. The old who left the scene and then returned. The young who obviously werent there at the time. Myself? I was active on the scene from 73 thru to 78. My peak years were 73 to 75 when I and my mates were out every night somewhere in the north west. The critea as to be that you never danced to the tunes when they were at the top of their popularity. I wished I had not dropped off the scene and missed dancing to these five. Obviously the tunes I am naming may have been played somewhere where I was not attending on the night. Soooooo.......... I wished I had danced to these. Fuelled off course.

1. Eric Mercury....Lonely girl

2 Don Gardener....Cheatin kind

3 Marvellos......Something burning ( Im not sure this was huge but I love it to bits.)

4 Cecil Washington....I dont liketo lose

5 Ben E King ........Cant break the news

Plenty more as well.

yep i also was 'active'73-78 peak years up to 75..after that it went downhill..slowly at first then..breakneck...records I wished were around earlier would be Cecil Washington, Cody Black, Dennis Edwards,Soul Communicators, lots more I guess..the Levine disco influence killed it for me..

Social source share

Guest east rob

yep i also was 'active'73-78 peak years up to 75..after that it went downhill..slowly at first then..breakneck...records I wished were around earlier would be Cecil Washington, Cody Black, Dennis Edwards,Soul Communicators, lots more I guess..the Levine disco influence killed it for me..

i would have thought if you were about till 78 you must have heard cecil washington, rather a big tune by 78??

cheers, rob.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

I'd have loved to have heard "Darkest Days" the first time out. It must have been awesome!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert