Temptones Cover Up

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wow. I'm amazed. It's got a half decent backing track but the vocals are absolutely dreadful. Each to their own and all that... but I would be really, really dissapointed if I heard this while out dancing, let alone in my living room.

link

One of those that sound far better played out Seb. Personally don't mind where I hear it...think it's great :(

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Sounds different to how I remember it? Is there another version? perhaps it was just pitched up a bit, but I remember it a bit faster, and more 'Beefy'?

P.S. if you think of Dion Jackson singing "That's what you do to me" while listening to this, there are deffo elements of it in there somewhere! :unsure:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Sounds different to how I remember it? Is there another version? perhaps it was just pitched up a bit, but I remember it a bit faster, and more 'Beefy'?

P.S. if you think of Dion Jackson singing "That's what you do to me" while listening to this, there are deffo elements of it in there somewhere! :unsure:

link

didnt notice it before

but once read it...

yeah the intro has that vibe thing

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I almost said it sounds like an unissued Dion Jackson track, but if it were unissued, there'd be no point in covering it! :unsure:

Social source share

It is good.

link

Too right its good :thumbsup:

How did you get this sound clip then?

This takes me back to the 100 Club and Butch playing this followed by Little Walter and The Admirations which he used to say was Cynthia Davis "What Shall I Do"

Longer version please if you can and have enough barbed wire at your place.

Social source share

Looking forward to hearing all of this great song. Why is that tthis song is so instantly likeable? And why is the lead singer's falsetto so familiar? It seems like I've been hearing the vowels in 'know' and 'show' all my life. Spooky, deja vu stuff. Who are this group?

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

• 8 months later...

I almost said it sounds like an unissued Dion Jackson track, but if it were unissued, there'd be no point in covering it! blush.gif

It does sound quite like Deon Jackson, maybe a relative? :-)

I'd like it to be the Monzas, they've got a saxophonist and some girls for the backing singers

Social source share

oooh thats taken me back to my yoof - well my mid twenties anyway! Have danced my socks off many a time to that

Had several live tapes of Butch back then but somehow they've all been borrowed never to be returned - so if any kind soul could do me some copies, I would be most grateful (especially the Droylesden one which Pete Hollander did straight from the decks!)

K x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert