Rimini Weekender 2006

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

BEEN SEARCHING FOR SOME DETAILS ON RIMINI 2006 BUT STRUGGLING TO FIND MUCH INFORMATION ON THE SUBJECT.I GATHER IT IS 30 EUROS FOR A COMPLETE TICKET WHICH SEEMS LIKE A GOOD DEAL,BUT HAVEN'T SEEN A D.J LIST ANYWHERE,ANY OF YOU GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE KNOW ANYTHING??

• Replies 54
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

BEEN SEARCHING FOR SOME DETAILS ON RIMINI 2006 BUT STRUGGLING TO FIND MUCH INFORMATION ON THE SUBJECT.I GATHER IT IS 30 EUROS FOR A COMPLETE TICKET WHICH SEEMS LIKE A GOOD DEAL,BUT HAVEN'T SEEN A D.J LIST ANYWHERE,ANY OF YOU GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE KNOW ANYTHING??

Hi Ewan

There has been a few posts about it, would help you look, but I have a hangover & typing this is an effort.

The last post which wasnt long ago had an email address on the guy who is running the event. Give us a shout if you cant find it.

Love to Deb, hope her backs better soon.

Kirstyx

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Hi Ewan

There has been a few posts about it, would help you look, but I have a hangover & typing this is an effort.

The last post which wasnt long ago had an email address on the guy who is running the event. Give us a shout if you cant find it.

Love to Deb, hope her backs better soon.

Kirstyx

Cheers Kirsty,i've sent an e-mail to someone out there so should get some info soon

Keep taking the tablets :P

Guest Soulbrew

Served!

5th RIMINI RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

JULY 14th, 15th, 16th 2006

See you there! If you mention me you'll have a small discount on pizzas... wicked.gif

Marco - Venice Soul Club

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Served!

See you there! If you mention me you'll have a small discount on pizzas... :ohmy:

Marco - Venice Soul Club

Tried that e-mail address a couple of times,but no joy blush.gif

Does anyone else out there know who's on??

Guest sigher the gutter snype

Tried that e-mail address a couple of times,but no joy :yes:

Does anyone else out there know who's on??

hi mate simone just told me heres whos on

Arthur Fenn, Terry Jones, Keith Money and Christian B. from Oslo :ohmy:

jsut trying to sort my tickets now!!

better get the calomine lotion ready

us gingers burn to f**ck

JUST DO IT, THE REAL BUZZ IS SEEING THE FRENCH, SPANISH AND ITALIAN'S AVARAGE AGE 25, BUT TO THEM IS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE, DANCIN' THEIR BUTTS OFF, NOTHIN BETTER.

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

JUST DO IT, THE REAL BUZZ IS SEEING THE FRENCH, SPANISH AND ITALIAN'S AVARAGE AGE 25, BUT TO THEM IS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE, DANCIN' THEIR BUTTS OFF, NOTHIN BETTER.

Sounding better all the time....

See ya there thumbup.gif

Guest Soulbrew

Err, average age is 30...

Marco

Guys,

We are not sure of our dates yet but we will be there for the weekend. I was just looking at hotels on the net to get an idea, for a 9 night stay (2people in one double room) there are a lot of hotels around £800 to £1000 but I`ve found a hotel called the Ariminum thats quoting less than £500...its 4star...does anyone know the hotel or has anyone stayed there....?? Looking at a map it seemd quite close to the venue.

Anyone else get a good deal on a hotel....? Details please!!

Cheers, Chris

Guys,

We are not sure of our dates yet but we will be there for the weekend. I was just looking at hotels on the net to get an idea, for a 9 night stay (2people in one double room) there are a lot of hotels around £800 to £1000 but I`ve found a hotel called the Ariminum thats quoting less than £500...its 4star...does anyone know the hotel or has anyone stayed there....?? Looking at a map it seemd quite close to the venue.

Cheers, Chris

Chris

You could try sending a pm to safc soulboy (Ewan) as they have just booked their hotel & had a bit of a nightmare by all accounts. His wife Deb booked somewhere & paid for it, I think it was about £800.00. Then for some reason she decided to change hotels, either there was something she didnt like about this one or she had found a better one. She booked & paid for the other one, but then found out that she couldnt get her money back for the first one straight away & it would take 10 weeks to get it back.

I'm only going on what my hubby told me as he is best friends with Ewan. I know they spent quite a while looking at different hotels & they are going for a week.

Best of luck

Kirsty

Guys,

I was just looking at hotels on the net to get an idea, for a 9 night stay (2people in one double room) there are a lot of hotels around £800 to £1000 but I`ve found a hotel called the Ariminum thats quoting less than £500...its 4star...does anyone know the hotel or has anyone stayed there....?? Looking at a map it seemd quite close to the venue.

Cheers, Chris

I was there about 3 years ago. There are loadsa hotels in the area, a real cheap one

directly accross the street from the venue although I recommend getting a hotel with

airco it gets easy 30+° there at that time of the year and doesnt cool down much.

If you come out at 05.30am in the morning and then go to bed you of course get

the daytime temperatures. Nancy Yahiro is your best bet for info. Good venue if you

like the Arthur Fenn style of music not much of one if you don't.

Chris L

on info.

I was there about 3 years ago. There are loadsa hotels in the area, a real cheap one

directly accross the street from the venue although I recommend getting a hotel with

airco it gets easy 30+° there at that time of the year and doesnt cool down much.

If you come out at 05.30am in the morning and then go to bed you of course get

the daytime temperatures. Nancy Yahiro is your best bet for info. Good venue if you

like the Arthur Fenn style of music not much of one if you don't.

Chris L

on info.

===============

Chris is right about the style of music if last year was anything to go by, having said that, I LOVED it, personally think Arthur is brilliant!

One thing to watch out for, you have to pay to go on the beach, not a major problem, but it is a bit misleading, because we thought as we were attached to a hotel, we had access to their private beach. This is NOT the case, as the hotels don't actually own the beach. All they have is said access to a little piece of it. When you get there, you have to pay to be on it, even though it's usually empty blush.gif

One other thing, watch your valuables, one friend had money stolen inside the venue, and the thief even put her purse back in her bag.

IMO though, a really good weekender, well worth going to.

Winnie;-)

Guest Soulbrew

Right on peeps... My mate Simone just gave me some juicy info y'day/

The flyers with the program will be available sometime this week. There will

be a list of Hotels as usual. I suppose I'll post it here somewhere when a jpeg

version will be available.

Beaches. I'm afraid it is not true you have to pay to access to the beaches.

You do have to pay if you want your folding chair & shade but if you bring

your towel (and factor 35 if you live north of Watford...) and stay within 10

yards from the sea nobody can't tell you to leave.

see you there,

Marco

Following on from Winnie's thread another item to watch out for is drinks being spiked.

Last year in Rimini a young girl had her drink spiked at some time during the evening. She became violently ill in the club and and collapsed. One of the ladies with us (and a S/source contributor) gave her the 'kiss of life' whilst waiting for the ambulance. The girl made was kept in hospital overnight, but made a full recovery.

Just be careful.

Guest netty

Guys,

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris, Phil and I stayed at a great hotel ' The Luxor' just a short stroll form the main venue. If you like the cool, no clutter type of hotel , this is the one. air con, balcony, breakfast included. Pay for the beach when and if you use it.Staff lovely, they tried so hard to understand my non existant Italian. Great weekend, especially if you go Tuesday to Tuesday! I'm working my charms on Phil to go to this one. X Annette
Guest D'Arcy

Hi Chris, Phil and I stayed at a great hotel ' The Luxor' just a short stroll form the main venue. If you like the cool, no clutter type of hotel , this is the one. air con, balcony, breakfast included. Pay for the beach when and if you use it.Staff lovely, they tried so hard to understand my non existant Italian. Great weekend, especially if you go Tuesday to Tuesday! I'm working my charms on Phil to go to this one. X Annette

You shouldn't have to try that hard Netty :thumbsup: "Show me The Way To Lemon Chello"

Right on peeps... My mate Simone just gave me some juicy info y'day/

The flyers with the program will be available sometime this week. There will

be a list of Hotels as usual. I suppose I'll post it here somewhere when a jpeg

version will be available.

Beaches. I'm afraid it is not true you have to pay to access to the beaches.

You do have to pay if you want your folding chair & shade but if you bring

your towel (and factor 35 if you live north of Watford...) and stay within 10

yards from the sea nobody can't tell you to leave.

see you there,

Marco

==============

Maybe I was imagining being asked to leave the beach? :thumbsup: There were 4 of us there, we were asked to pay for sun loungers (around 20 euros per day) so we said we'd just sit on the sand. 10 minutes later one of the guys came along and said, they own that part of the beach, could we move right to the front. It is clearly marked but a very small area. As I said not a major issue, but it did happen Marco.

winnie;-)

Drinks spiked and money nicked :thumbsup: and we complain about Prestatyn

It isn't that bad, honest. Just a couple of incidents which seems to blow it out of proportion!

I agree Gareth, they're so hard to avoid..... especially when you select the specific tree that you're gonna walk into in advance! Now that's what I call organisation!

so what was you actually looking at when you walked into the trees! (the nice beach and sea!) :thumbsup::wicked:

so what was you actually looking at when you walked into the trees! (the nice beach and sea!) :thumbsup::D

I can't really remember :wicked: at all. I've got a complete blank from about 2am on Saturday morning til about 3 in the afternoon. I actually woke up in the hotel room with no recollection of getting back there, or of playing my second DJ spot at 5 or 6 in the morning, and worst of all I didn't have my two record boxes. :D It wasn't until a while later that I gained entry into the club to check they were there - and they weren't :D . It was serious panic stations until they were found in the cellar of the bar, next to & connected to the club. They had been moved there by the cleaners after the allnighter :D .

The only reason I can remember what this tree looked like is cos Johnny pointed it out the following day, and told me what i'd been doing.

I still can't remember a single thing of that morning, and neither can my mates Russ & Lee. We have all since wondered whether the girl getting spiked was a lone incident :P Seriously :D

Girf

Guest Soulbrew

==============

Maybe I was imagining being asked to leave the beach? thumbsup.gif There were 4 of us there, we were asked to pay for sun loungers (around 20 euros per day) so we said we'd just sit on the sand. 10 minutes later one of the guys came along and said, they own that part of the beach, could we move right to the front. It is clearly marked but a very small area. As I said not a major issue, but it did happen Marco.

winnie;-)

Winnie, I've never said it didn't happen :lol: . I've just said that they can't tell you to leave as long as you stay within the said distance from the sea. Needless to say, the steward will still harass you to death to push you to leave... In fact the closest you get to the beach, the fresher it gets wicked.gif !!!

Keep it secret!

Marco

Served!

See you there! If you mention me you'll have a small discount on pizzas... wicked.gif

Marco - Venice Soul Club

Tempted to do this, was going to go 3 years ago, but fate transpired against me. Imagine i'll be going alone, unless anyone fancies organising something a little more "cast iron". Previously was just gonna book hotel, then get a return flight. Never done a European soul night/event.

Guest Bearsoul
Tempted to do this, was going to go 3 years ago, but fate transpired against me. Imagine i'll be going alone, unless anyone fancies organising something a little more "cast iron". Previously was just gonna book hotel, then get a return flight. Never done a European soul night/event.
WE'RE wicked.gif THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE BRETT

WE'RE wicked.gif THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE BRETT

Hi Chris, we will have to organise something, fly together etc, same hotel, make a beano of it mate.

We could go from Manchester.

Guest Bearsoul

Hi Chris, we will have to organise something, fly together etc, same hotel, make a beano of it mate.

We could go from Manchester.

SEE HOW MANY ARE INTERESTED..OK ARE YOU OVER FOR S,O,N , I'M AFRAID WE'LL MISS THE NEXT GREATSTONE

PM US

CHRIS M :D

If you're looking for a bit of company join us at the Waldorf. I think there were 15- 20 of us in there last year. Be good to have you along.

Col.

If you're looking for a bit of company join us at the Waldorf. I think there were 15- 20 of us in there last year. Be good to have you along.

Col.

Gill and me booked last nite, staying near Walforf :D

Gill and me booked last nite, staying near Walforf :D

I'm in the Waldorf.... best one really..... don't have to contend with all that messy sand on the beach..... just loaf around and nurse your hangover by the rooftop pool...... aaaaaaahhhh it's a hard life!

Quite surreal coming out of all-niter, whipping off you clothes and sun bathing at 7.30am!

Hope you not sunbathing nude - not sure if allowed! whistling.gif

Anyway Im not complaining about coming out of niter and sunbathing! couldn't do in in this country! :yes:

Brett, Sorry Mate, it wont be happening! I`m lucky enough to have a girl who will let me take her to a soul weekend for our one and only holiday together.....she doesn`t want a boys week away....just a bit of relaxation,good food and to spend some quality time with the only guy she cares about!

I spend my other 4 weeks holiday going to the US for records...at least i can afford her one week of my undivided attention!

We will have a pint at Prestatyn mate...and of course in Rimini!

Cheers, Chris

ps, still confused about the hotels....Netty the Luxor is about £3k for 8 days!

Guest netty

Brett, Sorry Mate, it wont be happening! I`m lucky enough to have a girl who will let me take her to a soul weekend for our one and only holiday together.....she doesn`t want a boys week away....just a bit of relaxation,good food and to spend some quality time with the only guy she cares about!

I spend my other 4 weeks holiday going to the US for records...at least i can afford her one week of my undivided attention!

We will have a pint at Prestatyn mate...and of course in Rimini!

Cheers, Chris

ps, still confused about the hotels....Netty the Luxor is about £3k for 8 days!

Chris, I've just looked at it on Venere.com and for 11/07 to 18/07 it's 806 euros without the beach and 936 with. See you at Prestatyn, Netty

• 2 weeks later...

Still not booked anything.....Park sounds like the nearest....like the look of the Luxor though! Anyone recomend the best web- sites to have a look at...checked out expedia and Venere.....Expedia are saying Park is booked for all of the dates i put in..........where did you book your hotel?

Cheers, Chris

Most of our group have done all four of the previous weekenders although I had to miss the 2nd one. It makes us veterans at this really :yes: .

We're not up for revealling all our secrets, but just be aware that hotel prices can wildly differ between websites for the same hotel (eg. 96 euro on most websites for a particular 4 star hotel double room, but only 74 on another one!).

(...I spend lots of time researching these things - I had to book 3 hotels in 3 different countries just last week and it's probably sending me broke soulin' everywhere! :thumbsup: )

If you look at the map on venere.com for Rimini (attached), you will see various zones of Rimini. I would suggest that you stick to hotels near the beach in the areas of MARINO CENTRO or LUNGOMARE MURRI, if you want to be close to the venue. Prices get cheaper heading south towards MIRAMARE if you're ok with a long walk (took me about an hour to reach the end of Miramare from Marino Centro) or there's a regular bus that you can buy tickets at the newsagent for ( - you validate these on the bus and they last 2 hours).

There are loads of websites out there, some of the Italian ones have hotels that the others don't (eg. www.beach33.com includes the Monti). My friend google is a great pal to use for finding websites to look up the hotel name and compare prices.

Major websites that may be worth a look/comparison for hotels include:

https://www.hotel-rates.com/italy/rimini/

https://www.booking.com/city/it/rimini.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187807-...gna-Hotels.html

https://www.hotelsitalyonline.com/cities/rimini_frm.htm

https://www.laterooms.com/en/k13658839_rimini-hotels.aspx

https://www.hoteltravel.com

https://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/Rimini.htm

https://www.traveleurope.it/itinerari/r/rimini.shtml

https://riminiit.ags.myareaguide.com/hotels.html

https://travel-italy-hotel.riminibeach.it/rimini-hotel

I hope this helps,

m

post-3480-1143148140_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maria

Still not booked anything.....Park sounds like the nearest....like the look of the Luxor though! Anyone recomend the best web- sites to have a look at...checked out expedia and Venere.....Expedia are saying Park is booked for all of the dates i put in..........where did you book your hotel?

Cheers, Chris

I booked thru Expedia Chris - try the hotel direct, but it'll probably be more costly.

Regards

Paul

Source Advert