Select45rpm - Uk Record Dealer

Ladies and Gentlemen I commend to you:

GLENN HENNING,

7 PORTSDOWN

EDGWARE

HA8 7LE

Trading as select45rpm.com

I ordered and paid for a record including £1.90 recorded delivery and today politely enquired whether it would be here by Friday. Mr Henning then snottily informed me I should read my emails as he had already told me it was being posted Thursday (no email was received by me lol ).

I politely ( yes really!) thanked him for his customer service and told him I would recommend him to my friends and then received this well thought out reply:

YOUR MESSAGES HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM THE SELECT45RPM SERVER

WE HAVE NO INTEREST IN COMMUNICATING FURTHER WITH YOU, SO PLEASE GO AWAY.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS

Hang on all I asked was would my record arrive by Friday :thumbsup: Well Mr Henning I am also busy working hard to earn money to spend with record dealers like you, however I am not so busy I can't spare a little bit of time to recommend you to my friends as I promised I would - so Soul Sourcers if you want to pay over inflated postal rates and get sh*te customer service from someone who clearly thinks they are doing you a favour by selling you a record visit select45rpm.com thmbdn.gifthmbdn.gifthmbdn.gif

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

He bought a load of ska off me so when I was running my little radio show, I emailed him as I thought he might be interested, he replied saying how dare I be so stupid to spam him and he had reported me to ebay!

Pete he's a muppet :D - he just sent me an email that was headed:

"do not get your sad mates to email exposing their stupidity, it's boring"

and all it said inside was 'CYB' presumably cyb is some geeky slang for go boil your head or something. Anyway the blokes obviously deluded unless his normal level of customer service usually result in people other than the buyer emailing him to tell him he's a knob?, I've blocked him on my email.

Happy days ohmy.gif

Social source share

Very true Pete................don't know what happened....................

Maybe the fact that he sold it for £15 got to him ? :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol:

how much profit did you make Gene :yes:

Social source share

• 3 months later...

mike Bolderson, 3 The Parkins, London Road, Capel St. Mary

,Ipswich IP92JH is the guy with the gripe. We'll post his name & address & see if he likes it! He never read his email saying his item would be posted & gets huffy when sent a brief message by the seller. Note he never says he was pleased with the record as he doesn't complain about that.

We know the seller & he has no interest in posting about this, but we will. The original message was this: We were sent the trail of emails & here they are:

----- Original Message -----

To: select45rpm.com

Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:37 PM

Subject: Re: Jackie Wilson 45

check your emails

sent this yesterday!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see you have a way with customers - I'll be sure to recommend you to my friends!

----- Original Message -----

To: mike

Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:33 PM

Subject: Re: Jackie Wilson 45

check your emails

sent this yesterday!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if that sounds rude & offensive to MIKE BOLDERSON then no wonder sellers want nothing to do with him! Note MB's snidey reply & then the seller replied (out of despair!) and then done the blocked email

-----------------------------------------

I GIVE UP DON'T BOTHER ORDERING AGAIN AS THIS IS THE SILLY ATTITUDE YOU HAVE WE ARE BUSY & CAN'T WRITE LONG ESSAYS TO KEEP SMALL MINDED PEOPLE HAPPY---------------------------------------------------we hear also that MIKE BOLDERSON a few minutes later got a friend of his (or likely his own email) to send a childish rude word message via the sellers website. This explains the YOUR MATES comment! MB oughta grow up. Then MIKE BOLDERSON all upset comes and mouths off here. Big man! Now I know both parties of old, Mike is one I avoid, reasons I won't publish. Glenn does not suffer fools but will go beyond anyone to help if you have the decency to communicate properly. He is a busy guy doing far more than selling records. We've had words over the years as anyone does, but you know who's good & who's a timewaster! We know what CYB means too...

Just my 2 pence worth. If this response gets removed the this site is unfairly biased.

Edited by tony fredericks
Social source share

Literally gave it away for £125 a week later Dave!

oh yes I asked him about this one too, was the days of Camden in 1995 where he had a record box. DR TRUELOVE he found 10 unplayed copies for £1 each and as they all jumped on the bluesy B side he only put £15 on them. At the time HARDLY ANYONE knew the record. I got one myself & smile each time I play it! Took 6 months to shift the lot & the shop were sick of playing it to customers as he added the next one! £400+ now is a great mark-up. Oops now I've said there are 10 out there! :o)

Social source share

Well, I bought him 5 records more than a year ago, I found him a bit "special" ( :wicked: ) but there was no problem...

I've made deals with other most respected dealers, and they have been always nicer...

Cheers

Dante

Social source share

Glenn has bought off me in the past (the most recent being two months ago), and I always find him to be approachable, friendly, and always says thanks in the way of positive feedback to those who deserve it.

It's always been said about me that I don't suffer fools, and I know that I can react in the same way if pushed or crossed (not trying to take anyone's side, you understand - just saying it as it is).

No problems from here.......................

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Glenn has bought off me in the past (the most recent being two months ago), and I always find him to be approachable, friendly, and always says thanks in the way of positive feedback to those who deserve it.

It's always been said about me that I don't suffer fools, and I know that I can react in the same way if pushed or crossed (not trying to take anyone's side, you understand - just saying it as it is).

No problems from here.......................

He got a bit sniffy with me a while ago but a simple explanation and showed him some earlier correspondence and he was perfectly sensible about the whole thng. Which shop did he have in Camden or was that at the Electric Ballroom fairs?

Social source share

• 4 years later...