Rare Versus In-Demand

Has this topic been raised before ? I find it interesting. "Rare" is not all the same thing as "In demand". For instance, I own a copy of Screaming Jay Hawkins' 1972 LP " A portrait of a man and his woman" and The Brooklyn All Stars "Jesus loves me" UK President LP from 1967. I don't think either record has any value, and I have never seen the slightest trace of any "demand" for either of them but try finding each one now. It took me thirty five years to even see a copy of the first, for instance.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if there is only 250 copies of a record that only 23 people want there is 227 copies lying around somewhere, if it becomes in demand there are 227 copies around and 1240 people want them because its popular or taste has changed the market forces come in, the price goes up, its easy, some records are also found in bulk only when someone is looking for them 

thats why ive bought loads of records cheap, sold them on  cheap and low and behold they are now going for loads of money as they are now in demand,

eg fool to fool by shep, once a soul pack special,

how many of us would have chucked records away years ago that are appreciated on the scene now because when i was a lad it was 100mph stompers, not beat ballads or crossover 

Social source share

if there is only 250 copies of a record that only 23 people want there is 227 copies lying around somewhere, if it becomes in demand there are 227 copies around and 1240 people want them because its popular or taste has changed the market forces come in, the price goes up, its easy, some records are also found in bulk only when someone is looking for them 

thats why ive bought loads of records cheap, sold them on  cheap and low and behold they are now going for loads of money as they are now in demand,

eg fool to fool by shep, once a soul pack special,

how many of us would have chucked records away years ago that are appreciated on the scene now because when i was a lad it was 100mph stompers, not beat ballads or crossover 

Hi Cod. Don't lose your youth :thumbsup: there are still 100mph played out regularly, it gets better :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert