Hideaway Last Saturday

Having gone where the neon lights shine bright on Deansgate :rolleyes: ( I am supposed to be a drifter) I like to drift between genres you see. Thought I had better give a brief mention of the night as it deserves a few words.

The Hideaway is the lifeblood of those early tunes that some of you middle agers don't favour but a few older souls cherish , it goes down well with the younger mods too I am glad to see. It's a usual haunt of those that were there at the begining in those wheelie days when Sonny Boy WiIlliamson and lots of bluesy type sounds were honoured ... anyway it's still thriving to a strong audience.

I must admit alot of what was played I didn't know , sounds become more complicated as you get older I find even genres can have their side streets , Saturday night leaned towards a rock and rolly R&B to me ?

My favoured R&B is when it's gritty and it punches real hard , bit like what Lee Miller playes ...where is that cheeky cockney ? I was longing for a Jimmy McCracklin or Little Willie John.

Even though the side street wasn't what I would normally favour I still enjoyed the night , people are so friendly at this club , great to see Celia & Chris along with Denbo and Ian and Stan Evans and the Pole with soul ( you wanna meet my merecats next door ).

The club is now at the Deansgate , near the Hilton Hotel and you can see it is loved , it is bloody immaculate , and now also has a roof terrace ! how cool is that . And the usual furniture of Barry Tasker still sits and listens in the corner.

Always worth a trip to an open minded soul , records are always a good buy there ....arn't they Browny .

Edited by Carms
  • Replies 6
  • Views 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What I forgot to mention was ... do you think Denbo is on Peter Pan tablets ? He looks younger every time i see him ?

Why, thank you Maam!!! :rolleyes:

Could do with losing a few inches from the midriff mind. :lol:

Edited by denbo
Guest TONY ROUNCE

Why, thank you Maam!!! :rolleyes:

Morning!

La Louisianne and link to Sailor Vernon's book...

...but not yet!

I just booked my train tickets and made a hotel reservation for the May Hideaway - can't wait!

Morning!

La Louisianne and link to Sailor Vernon's book...

...but not yet!

I just booked my train tickets and made a hotel reservation for the May Hideaway - can't wait!

Mornin'

Don't forget to find out what you can about the Ace releases 530 and 534.

Ta.

Guest Beeks

Had to miss last Saturdays do unfortunately due to me being as skint as a romanian orphan at the time...but i'll be back at the next one :lol:

Source Advert