• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What was the final price on this?

tia

Derek

link

Please tell me Im wrong!

The ice release was released some time after the mercury release. If thats the case then its a reissue and why would anyone want to pay silly money for it!

I think there is 2 years between the 2 releases Correct me if Im wrong :P

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Guest Jamie

Please tell me Im wrong!

The ice release was released some time after the mercury release. If thats the case then its a reissue and why would anyone want to pay silly money for it!

I think there is 2 years between the 2 releases Correct me if Im wrong :yes:

link

You're wrong Steve :P

There was a thread a while ago.

Jist is it should have been released on ICE first, but there was 'legal stuff' with Eddy Grant and Mercury released it in 77. When the wrangling was sorted, ICE finally released it in 78.

ICE is the rarer copy, ask Mr Trout :P

Jamie :P

Social source share

You're wrong Steve  :P

Jist is it should have been released on ICE first, but there was 'legal stuff' with Eddy Grant and Mercury released it in 77. When the wrangling was sorted, ICE finally released it in 78.

ICE is the rarer copy, ask Mr Trout  :P

Jamie  :yes:

link

Neither issue is rare at all :P

Derek

Social source share

One of your pet hates this, isn't it Derek  :P

Jamie  :P

link

Not so much the record but the attempt to make out it's rare, it really isn't. Indemand no doubt but rare no.

Derek

Social source share

You're wrong Steve  :ohmy:

ICE is the rarer copy, ask Mr Trout  :ohmy:

Jamie  whistling.gif

link

So even though I was ayear out if it has had 2 releases which was the reissue? :ohmy:

Social source share

So even though I was ayear out if it has had 2 releases which was the reissue? whistling.gif

link

Well the Mercury issue did come out first so i'd say it was even though the Ice issue was supposed to come out first.

Derek

Social source share

Well the Mercury issue did come out first so i'd say it was even though the Ice issue was supposed to come out first.

Derek

link

So the question is- If it has had 2 uk releases is the second a reissue?

Please answer!

Therefore on this occasion why (Whichever it is ) is going for silly money?

And if I find the birdy song on a ebony uk label which was part of RCA and it was released after its main release does that mean its a reissue even though it is rare and if it was popular is that the reason to say it is worth #500 quid.

This rarity issue and demand issue is now becoming a joke because it depends on some bloody idiot who decided he had more money than sense! :angry:

Social source share

Guest alison

So the question is- If it has had 2 uk releases is the second a reissue?

Please answer!

Therefore on this occasion why (Whichever it is ) is going for silly money?

And if I find the birdy song on a ebony uk label which was part of RCA and it was released after its main release does that mean its a reissue even though it is rare and if it was popular is that the reason to say it is worth #500 quid.

This rarity issue and demand issue is now becoming a joke because it depends on some bloody idiot who decided he had more money than sense! :angry:

link

Its generally much harder on Ice. Must be rarer than on Mercury???

Social source share

Guest Tony Darkin

Its generally much harder on Ice. Must be rarer than on Mercury???

link

Derek

It went for £150

Tony Darkin

Social source share

One of those records you either love or hate.

Personally detest it.

Bid £15 on one on eBay to sell on, finally went for £130+

Insane.

They should have stuck to Reggae.

link

Defo one of the worst records on the scene, sounds like some drunk at a karaoke night, bloody awful!

Social source share

Defo one of the worst records on the scene, sounds like some drunk at a karaoke night, bloody awful!

link

Anybody with sound file thingy?,sick of hearing bout`this would be nice to know what the fuss is about...... blush.gif

Social source share

link

Once again.....the subjectivity of music raises it's ugly head......your not right and neither is Pikey........in my opinion.......but in yours ......you are 100% correct.

why oh why do we constantly have to preach on topics about records we "loathe", it's so negative that it brings the subject matter to a meaningless.....yeah--- no debate.

FOR GODS SAKE SAY SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE IN THE DEBATE.....ie what reasons (ie. in depth what you don't like about the record).......(Like a school teacher here)....the vocal, the rhythm, the percussion etc............

Social source share

Once again.....the subjectivity of music raises it's ugly head......your not right and neither is Pikey........in my opinion.......but in yours ......you are 100% correct.

why oh why do we constantly have to preach on topics about records we "loathe", it's so negative that it brings the subject matter to a meaningless.....yeah--- no debate.

FOR GODS SAKE SAY SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE IN THE DEBATE.....ie what reasons (ie. in depth what you don't like about the record).......(Like a school teacher here)....the vocal, the rhythm, the percussion etc............

link

His vocals are weak.

The lyrics are dire.

The backing is wishy washy in the extreme.

It's a bag-o-shite and a perfect example of 'Emporers New Clothes'

Constructive enough?

Social source share

Guest Jamie

I don't think it deserves that kind of vitriol. It's catchy, it's simple - can't understand what all the fuss is about blush.gif

Jamie

Social source share

I think it's excellent. Unfortunately for me I can't spend £50 on a record let alone £150, so the chances of me getting a copy are somewhat remote. blush.gif

I've only heard it played out once, I don't go out often enough to be sick of it.

I've recently been playing it on the computer (Soul Club) and my mate who thinks all my records are shite (or rip-offs of something else), actually likes it.

Edited by Supercorsa
Social source share

link

YES SIR!, now lets start with the vocals, awful, the arrangement, awful, the group, awful, the label, awful, the hype, bloody unbelievable :angry: hope thats cleared up any misunderstanding on this record.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert