Freddie Chavez, How Many Records Did He Release?

Have only ever known of one release by Freddie Chavez ("They'll Never Know Why" b/w "Baby, I'm Sorry" on LOOK), but I just found a second 45 by him on a tiny little label called FCP out of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Probably issued in the late 70s. FCP stands for Freddie Chavez Productions.

Neither of the sides are uptempo dancers... but one of the sides, "I've Got It Made Now", is in my opinion a beautiful country soul beat ballad. Has almost got a Goffin/King or Chuck Jackson edge to it. Will post a clip of it below.

There's no mention of this release on his website and I've never seen it listed, has anyone of you got any further info about it?

Did anyone else record this tune (written by Fred Schmidt)?

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I used to have the pic sleeve for this 45 as my avatar when I was first on here....

I also believe that he is Dave Newman, of "Make Up Your Mind" fame, also on Look.

Social source share

I used to have the pic sleeve for this 45 as my avatar when I was first on here....

Wow! Would really like to see that if you still have got a scan somewhere? My copy came without a sleeve.

I also believe that he is Dave Newman, of "Make Up Your Mind" fame, also on Look.

Sure sounds like him, and that tune is written by Freddie Chavez.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Wow! Would really like to see that if you still have got a scan somewhere? My copy came without a sleeve.

I deleted the scan some time ago, when I was freeing up space on the hard drive, but the 45's kicking around somewhere. Soon as I locate it in my 'mess' I'll rescan it for you. He's sporting one of the best afro's I've ever seen!....

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert