Blackpool Mecca Revival Reunion 5Th September

Bryan Wakelin has asked me to post a reminder of this forthcoming event.

Saturday 5th September 2009

8pm - 2am

The Metropole Hotel Ballroom

Princess Parade (Near the Tower)

Blackpool

FY1 1RQ

Two Rooms £10 OTD

Tickets can be ordered and paid in advance (by Credit Card) £8.00 each - call Diane 07599 934356

Room 1 - Mecca Classics

Room 2 - 60's Motown & Northern Oldies

DJ's

Colin Curtis

Bryan Wakelin

Keith Fletcher

Baz Maleady

Jem Booth

Dave Rostron

Paul Hughes

post-1477-12513979217436_thumb.jpg

Edited by martyn pitt
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest highlander

Hey, I'm really looking forward to this, anyone else going? We went to the ones brian did at the brunswick, a couple of years ago and they were brilliant.

Cant wait till Saturday night for this event,gonna be a cracking night.Bryan played a spot at the Grasshoppers the other week and played some really top tunes that had'nt been heard for ages.

If you've never been to a Mecca Reunion do before then get yourself to this one!:thumbup:

I will come down from Aberdeen if someone gives an undertaking that they will play Phase II - The first shot - Osiris in memory of Barry Stanton.

I am serious - Was gonna fight some Celts this weekend but I will make the journey if someone can promise me this!

My wife Carol knew Barry (Baz).

Bryan has confirmed that he has the record and will play it around 10.00 pm, hope you can make it :shades:

Guest Jimmy Scriv

Baz Stanton was my cousin and I have some of his old record collection. I can't make it but I'm sure Baz will be there in spirit.

By the way I got Bryan Wakelin into this scene over 35 years ago and he still has his hair unlike meunsure.gif

Baz Stanton was my cousin and I have some of his old record collection. I can't make it but I'm sure Baz will be there in spirit.

By the way I got Bryan Wakelin into this scene over 35 years ago and he still has his hair unlike meunsure.gif

Shame you will not be able to make it, I will send Bryan your regards.

Anyone else going

I will come down from Aberdeen if someone gives an undertaking that they will play Phase II - The first shot - Osiris in memory of Barry Stanton.

I am serious - Was gonna fight some Celts this weekend but I will make the journey if someone can promise me this!

Hi Ernie,just seen your posting on Soul Source and i have just spoke to Bryan Wakelin and it will definately be played for you.

See you there,its going to be awesome!!!!

Just 2 more sleeps to the Highland Room memories yes.gif

Hope my drinking partners are up for a session again good.gif

See if we can't get Carole pole dancing again along with throwing a few shapes thumbup.gif

The girl really can't take her drink, unlike myself and Martin wicked.gif

marching on together

31_BAB17.jpg

Just 2 more sleeps to the Highland Room memories :yes:

Hope my drinking partners are up for a session again :good:

See if we can't get Carole pole dancing again along with throwing a few shapes :thumbup:

The girl really can't take her drink, unlike myself and Martin :wicked:

I have to be on rations this year Dekka as I will be driving up to the Lake District on Sunday morning, still look forward to blowing the froth of a couple with you, no doubt Carol will be downing them like they are going out of fashion, we can only hope they have a pole in the venue whistling

Edited by martyn pitt
Guest OntheScene

It sure was rammed that night, there must have been over 200 in by 8.30, looking forward to this one.

It was over 500 before 11 o clock actually Martin as I was helping out on the door at the time and will be going on Saturday and taking some On the Scene mags with me so hopefully see you there as it should be a goodun.

It was over 500 before 11 o clock actually Martin as I was helping out on the door at the time and will be going on Saturday and taking some On the Scene mags with me so hopefully see you there as it should be a goodun.

Look forward to it, I shall be stood at the bar waiting for Dekka ... it's his round :thumbsup:

Source Advert