Travel Arrangements For 100 Club

Guest Dor

Hi All

Just a general question for folk who travel a distance to the 100 club. Where do you all park for the night or do you I assume know people in outer London and travel on by tube /train. I used to live in Surrey so could use the late/early trains now living in Devon so need to devise new plan. Any Ideas Please?thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I also parked within a few hundred yards, no problem. First time, and I was quite surprised how easy it was (I asked advice first).

I travelled a couple of hundred miles south, so booked a cheap room just outside London (30 mins from venue), then drove in later on.

There are also night buses running to the outskirts all night if you want to drink which are apparently full of gangs of marauding drunken thugs, but as I watched them go past the venue at 3 and 4 in the morning,

they didn't look as bad as they are reputed to be.

?> Edited by spirit
Social source share

There are also night buses running to the outskirts all night if you want to drink which are apparently full of gangs of marauding drunken thugs, but as I watched them go past the venue at 3 and 4 in the morning,

they didn't look as bad as they are reputed to be.

?>

I caught a nightbus home once from the 100 Club. I say home, more like 5 miles away from where I live, I live south of Heathrow airport, nightbus only goes to northside of it! So had to walk the rest of the way :lol: . Never again, the driver was a loon trying to cram on as many passengers as possible (like a rush hour train). Also there was a thalidomide tramp on board who stank (I swear this is true :boxing:), he smelt so bad whenever a seat became available people moved further away from him. If I never go on a nightbus again it will be too soon!

Social source share

Cheers for the info much appreciated. One final thing do people still take holdalls with all their kit etc.?

Yeah. Well, I did, though I felt a bit conspicuous washing half-naked (top-half, smart alecs) in the bogs. It didn't have that changing room feel.

Cloakroam (ie. recess under the stairs), quid a bag. Others kept them by their table.

Social source share

Hi Dor, just to echo what other folks have said, yes it's very easy to park within a stone's throw, in Newman St, Eastcastle St or Berners St. Not that I would ever advocate throwing stones at Ady Croasdell - he's not as agile as he once was and might not be able to dodge if your aim is good.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert