boba

• Replies 7
  • Views 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Brilliant

Rod wrapped in tape is a picture to behold.

all those unissued Otis Clays, Admirations. Du-Ettes tracks :thumbup: trampled under foot .......................:thumbup:

Social source share

Excellent read and extremely informative and relevant to that golden era of black music,one wonders how many lost master tapes there is kicking around.i remember years ago my mate allan answered a add in discoveries magazine from a guy selling tapes of soul snd unissued soul,he was expecting c90 tdk's when the package came it was original reel to reels of ,60's onederful and m pac including otis clay ,harold burrage ,johnny sayles - different mix's unrelased stuff i have some of it on cassette ,sure he gave em to ady c at kent to rescue cos some of the tapes were in poor shape.... one never knows what was on them !

Social source share

Fantastic story, thanks mate for posting that. I have a near mint white Steeltown 'Big Boy' demo and I've got to admit I've always loved the record myself. Definetly my favourite song of all his recordings, pure 60s 'Youth Soul', would be great to eventually hear this version!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert