Lee Tillman & The Secrets

Lazy

Can anyone tell me something about :

Lee Tillman & The Secrets - She's the one I love

Think it is on Whit ?

Any price info ? Hard to find or better to put it on the "dreams" Wantlist ?

kind regards

Stefan

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not quite sure about the value of the Lee Tillman, but don't think it should be too much. There's another version of this track by The Delacardos available on both Q-City and Atlantic which I think is far superior and the Atlantic issue should only cost you £10-£15-ish. Just heard it here again and can't understand why I don't play it out more. Fantastic stomper. Here's an RA of Delacardos:

Social source share

Think it is on Whit ?

kind regards

Stefan

link

Stefan

Lee Tilman & The Secrets - She's the one I love - Whit 718

This record is quite hard, never seen it on Ebay and only been able to get 2 copies in thirty years, (believe me I've tried) the first one was in one of those soul pack thingies from the late seventies the second is battered.

IMHO this pisses all over the Delacardo's version which is pretty weak compared to Lee's raw bolloxy version plus it doesn't contain the 'Let's go home now' line at the end :huh: Value if you could find one is probably around £100 but compared to some of the so called rare records should be around £1000. You may also care to look out for 'All these things' on Michelle and 'Will travel' on Ron which is a good version of Richard Berry's 'Have love will travel.

Hope this helps

Dazz

Social source share

Think it is on Whit ?

kind regards

Stefan

link

Lee Tillman & the Secretsz- She's the one I love / Trash -Whit 718

Good record this, seen it for sale fairly regularly over the years, so can't be very rare, I'd rate it about £25, then again I ain't selling mine!!

Heard Guy H playing it at the odd 'niter in late 80's,

Cheers, Mark.

Social source share

Stefan

Lee Tilman & The Secrets - She's the one I love - Whit 718

This record is quite hard, never seen it on Ebay and only been able to get 2 copies in thirty years, (believe me I've tried)  the first one was in one of those soul pack thingies from the late seventies the second is battered.

IMHO this pisses all over the Delacardo's version which is pretty weak compared to Lee's raw bolloxy version plus it doesn't contain the 'Let's go home now' line at the end  :huh:   Value if you could find one is probably around £100 but compared to some of the so called rare records should be around £1000. You may also care to look out for 'All these things' on Michelle and 'Will travel' on Ron which is a good version of Richard Berry's 'Have love will travel.

Hope this helps

Dazz

link

Sorry to contradict you there mate, you must have posted while I was single finger typing :huh:

I got the idea it wasn't too rare from the fact I , and a couple of mates, got this in the record bar back at the Allanton niters. Maybe whoever was selling then had a number of copies? Can't remember who I bought it from.

Seen it on the odd list also.

I suppose, like so many records, a small number could have been sold around the same time from a find, and are still in collections of those who bought them at that point.

Social source share

Sorry to contradict you there mate, you must have posted while I was single finger typing :huh:

I got the idea it wasn't too rare from the fact I , and a couple of mates, got this in the record bar back at the Allanton niters. Maybe whoever was selling then had a number of copies? Can't remember who I bought it from.

Seen it on the odd list also.

I suppose, like so many records, a small number could have been sold around the same time from a find, and are still in collections of those who bought them at that point.

link

No problem Mark, you could well be right. Just watch now, every man and his dog will be trying to sell one for a tenner :huh:

Dazz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert