Empress Ballroom, Mexborough

Guest 1STFRIEARL

Guest 1STFRIEARL

BACK THIS SATURDAY (31ST OCTOBER) FOR MORE OF WHAT HAPPEND LAST TIME.

CANT WAIT TO HERE GIBBY BACK AT THE EMPRESS AFTER MANY A YEAR.

WENT TOO STEVES IN THE WEEK TO FIND A FLOOR FULL OF RECS HE,S READY.

I AM READY HOPE GIBBY IS.

• Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'll be travelling down from the north east with a car full of people for this as I was told the last 1 was really good and the dance floor is impressive, hope this lives up to my expectations thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

thanks to john for starting thread

i know it will be a brilliant night steve has sorted out some tunes and there is some true classics to dance too.

glyn wendy cris al tony and many more see you there i know steve john andy and gibby will put on night to remember

sharon good.giftongue.gif

Guest hurryup

thanks to john for starting thread

i know it will be a brilliant night steve has sorted out some tunes and there is some true classics to dance too.

glyn wendy cris al tony and many more see you there i know steve john andy and gibby will put on night to remember

sharon good.giftongue.gif

Well, I for one, won't be setting foot in the place again angry.gif , pity, cause it was a brilliant venue.

Well, I for one, won't be setting foot in the place again angry.gif , pity, cause it was a brilliant venue.

hurryup i dont know you but if you know me you will know that i apprieciate that everyone has an opinion other wise we wouldnt be human i hope were ever you go on saturaday you have a good night i didnt put my reply on here to cause offence to anyone and has i have said to others these threads are not for such negative comments

Guest modlife

Really looking forward to this. It`ll be my first visit to the Empress in 25 long years. It`s a proper soul venue in a real soul town, run by geniune soul people, who have flown the flag for over 3 decades!

I don`t like to get involved in the politics of the scene, it`s unnecessary and counter productive (always has been in my oppinion), but the amount of abuse levelled at John and Steve for taking on the Empress was totally uncalled for. Those guilty of it should hang thier heads in shame!

Rant aside, I`m sure it`s going to be a memorable night(for all the right reasons) and I can`t wait to get aquainted with some old (literally!) faces from the Dearne, and with a proper dancefloor for a change.......Heaven! thumbsup.gif

KTF......Ank.

Guest 1STFRIEARL

Really looking forward to this. It`ll be my first visit to the Empress in 25 long years. It`s a proper soul venue in a real soul town, run by geniune soul people, who have flown the flag for over 3 decades!

I don`t like to get involved in the politics of the scene, it`s unnecessary and counter productive (always has been in my oppinion), but the amount of abuse levelled at John and Steve for taking on the Empress was totally uncalled for. Those guilty of it should hang thier heads in shame!

Rant aside, I`m sure it`s going to be a memorable night(for all the right reasons) and I can`t wait to get aquainted with some old (literally!) faces from the Dearne, and with a proper dancefloor for a change.......Heaven! thumbsup.gif

KTF......Ank.

Guest alan bentley

that time again,can,t wait for sat.nite, for one i get to go to a proper ballroom,dressed as quasimodo,for halloween,and since that lumps grown on my back,don,t even need much make up,just a wok to iron me shirt.,and hopefully have enough courage to get up and dance,and enjoy the nite as we did last time round,and the last 2,3 yrs,theyve always been great do,s..to the guy/girl,that left the comment,well done,if it makes you feel better,why not,no one seems to know who you are anyway ,so ,in one respect,youve wasted your time.your entitled to your opinion,bit negative and sad,but thats life.good luck,steve n john,and sharon.it,ll be well supported,no worries there.

Edited by alan bentley

that time again,can,t wait for sat.nite, for one i get to go to a proper ballroom,dressed as quasimodo,for halloween,and since that lumps grown on my back,don,t even need much make up,just a wok to iron me shirt.,and hopefully have enough courage to get up and dance,and enjoy the nite as we did last time round,and the last 2,3 yrs,theyve always been great do,s..to the guy/girl,that left the comment,well done,if it makes you feel better,why not,no one seems to know who you are anyway ,so ,in one respect,youve wasted your time.your entitled to your opinion,bit negative and sad,but thats life.good luck,steve n john,and sharon.it,ll be well supported,no worries there.

Al thankyou for your support and thanks also to those who contacted me personally to say they are attending. Looking forward to saturday i know the djs have sorted some cracking tunes.

Al im going dreesed as myself that scary enough for me after seeing myself on tv last night mrs blobby comes to mind.Just to mention it was the spot for tony christie on calander last night the raffle money from august chillout went towards the £6000 raised so thanks every body who contrbuted

Guest modlife

hi hank thanks for the kind words. make sure you say hello, is the shed posse on the way.

No problem mate, yes hopefully all the usual suspects will be in attendance.They`ll probably be practicing their "moves" as I type,ready for Saturday nights festivities. Bring it on!.........biggrin.gif

REALLY IS NO NEED wanker.gif

BRI PINCH

Fully agree Bri bitching needs to stop now this is a country of free choice and a lot of people are being remembered next month for defending our right to a free choice , so lets stop the bitching please

hi mick next on 12th december, say hello to the chillout crowd for me.yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

Shud be able to make it, it's the night before the next H & G Chill Outthumbup.gif

almost a weekender mick at our age we will be knackered

SHARON/MICK - ITS THE NIGHT AFTER THE MANIFESTO XMAS CHARITY NIGHT SO YOU CAN MAKE IT A WEEKENDER, IF YOU OLD FOLK ARE UP TO IT!!!! SORRY COULDN'T RESIST!!! laugh.gif

SEE YOU TOMORROW MICK.good.gif

SHARON - SAW YOUR GRANDCHILDREN ON THE TELLY LAST NIGHT, YOU MUST BE WELL PROUD OF THEM. SEE YOU SOON.thumbup.gif

AV

Edited by LittleAv

SHARON/MICK - ITS THE NIGHT AFTER THE MANIFESTO XMAS CHARITY NIGHT SO YOU CAN MAKE IT A WEEKENDER, IF YOU OLD FOLK ARE UP TO IT!!!! SORRY COULDN'T RESIST!!! :laugh:

SEE YOU TOMORROW MICK.:good:

SHARON - SAW YOUR GRANDCHILDREN ON THE TELLY LAST NIGHT, YOU MUST BE WELL PROUD OF THEM. SEE YOU SOON.:thumbup:

AV

Ste on Jill's login :thumbup:

Looking forward to the Empress tonight. Jill will be noticeably absent due to her shoulder injury...I don't know can't get a decent ceiling these days :yes:...could only happen to her :thumbup:

I know it will be a top night as always. Looking forward to December one just as much and we're staying over for that one.

Keep it real, support you all the way good.gif

Guest 1STFRIEARL

Ste on Jill's login thumbup.gif

Looking forward to the Empress tonight. Jill will be noticeably absent due to her shoulder injury...I don't know can't get a decent ceiling these days biggrin.gif...could only happen to her laugh.gif

I know it will be a top night as always. Looking forward to December one just as much and we're staying over for that one.

Keep it real, support you all the way good.gif

See you later ste off soon for the sound check.

Hope jills shoulder is a little better, i was one of the lucky ones only got covered in dust and plaster in my pint now that hurt me.

On a serious note is jill ok because that coving that came down through those tiles was the old type and i picked a piece up as big as a brick.

Hi av well what a weekend to look forward to. With manifesto empress and chillout i think i will need some extra days off work to catch up on sleep.

About grandkids on tele yes I'm proud for them to do what they did and to raise £6,000 in the process, and don't forget you geraldine and the rest of the chillout crowd contributed so a very big thankyou. They are planning their next fundraiser travelling the origanal route 66.

have a good one tonight av, we are all ready for tonight at empress night of classic tunes. So will see every one who is attending empress

Guest modlife

Have just abart finished getting ready for tonites festivities, but before a leave I thought I`d ask anyone who`s sat at home twiddling thier thumbs to put all the recent bullsh*t to one side and support tonites event.

It`s in everyones interest for tonight to be the success I`m sure it will.Mexbro`s always been well catered for regarding events, Corner pocket,Athletic and the Brickyard (remember that?) but head and shoulders above everything else was the Empress! So if you`re up for great soul at a quality venue. you know what to do.

I`ts gotta be better than bloody trick`o treating!...........KTF.....Ank. :wink:

Source Advert