Instrumentals That Are Better Than The Vocals

You and the Paradox rolleyes.gif - leave it will you:lol: .

:D:lol::lol:

But it is the best Northern instrumental ever, fact! Nothing else has those fat horns, that tempo, the break. I know not of anything else that comes close.

It's a tough task for an instrumental to be soulful, few manage it. This record has it in aces! :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 58
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bobby Wells The Psychedelic Theme (but I love Let's Cop A Groove too, so I'm cheating).

Not sure how The Magicians is dire Simon, fair enough if you prefer the instrumental but it's a full on great vocal group performance with excellent lyrics; technically the Waves 'Is It Love Baby' was the original I think.

Pete there is a Rita inst out on Kent Select, I'm not sure if that's what Paul sent you.

Last year when Ginger was playing his Rita & Tiaras inst there was also doing the rounds a FANTASTIC inst version of JESSE DAVIS---GONNA HANG ON IN THEE GIRL.Ginger played it at a stoke nighter and i danced to it thinking this is awesome, and better than the vocal.Never heard it played out since and think its maybe one of your tracks Ady. If so is it on line for a 45 release or has it been put out on a cd yet.

Social source share

To be truthful, I've never heard to vocal played out, just the instrumental played by Poke at Cleethorpes circa 1982 as the Noteables Midnight Serenade, maybe the tail end of every other record being an instrumental?

DIDN'T REALISE IT WENT BACK THAT FAR, SIMON. TO BE HONEST I LOVE THE INST VERSION, BUT VOCAL SHADES IT FOR ME thumbsup.gif

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert