• Replies 25
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

200370945451.jpg110083240734.jpg

Am guessing these are the same record , with one being a mispress title ? Anybody ever seen a promo ? Do they differ in value ?? g.gif

Two different songs - 'Lazy' is well rare and many bought 'Lady' thinking they'd got 'Lazy' other side is the same though....

another of those Stafford tunes...

Social source share

As mentioned above two completely different records. Funnily enough I dug "Lady" out the other night after not listening to it for years and it still sounded awesome: great downtempo Northern with a great hook and soaring orchestration.

"Lazy" is appreciably tougher to find but in my opinion not in the same county quality-wise. An expensive Prize Turkey.

B-side on both is the fantastic "I'll be Gone".

Social source share

As mentioned above two completely different records. Funnily enough I dug "Lady" out the other night after not listening to it for years and it still sounded awesome: great downtempo Northern with a great hook and soaring orchestration.

"Lazy" is appreciably tougher to find but in my opinion not in the same county quality-wise. An expensive Prize Turkey.

B-side on both is the fantastic "I'll be Gone".

Never understood anybody paying the premium for 'Lazy' over 'Lady'.

The best side anyway, IMO, is definitely the flip:

TOMMY TURNER - I'LL BE GONE -

Regards,

Greg. hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

After all that I prefer I'll Be Gone !!!! innocent.gif

Great record, but for anyone dj-ing in at a soulnight/nighter "Lazy" would be the one to play, as its the best dancer!

Stafford sound if I remember correctly?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I like all three but LAZY's the one I've heard the most. Which is strange as it's the rarest. Kept hearing it played a lot in the Lancashire area in the early 90's. And in my opinion not an "expensive prize turkey" as is claimed earlier in this thread. Sorry, but I like it.  I'll 'plump' for this turkey.... 

Social source share

I like all three but LAZY's the one I've heard the most. Which is strange as it's the rarest. Kept hearing it played a lot in the Lancashire area in the early 90's. And in my opinion not an "expensive prize turkey" as is claimed earlier in this thread. Sorry, but I like it.  I'll 'plump' for this turkey.... 

In retrospect I was too harsh. It is also a good slice of gritty West Coast Northern Soul, but from a value for money point of view I'll go for the cheapie.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

I bought Lazy from Butch about 7 Years ago for £350 when it was a big niter sound.Bob Hinsley used to play it a lot, It used to go down a storm whenever i played it with plenty of people enquiring about it,as i dont think it was too well known.Mick H took it of my hands when i decidedto sellup. £500 if i remember correctly. what a tune.

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

I bought Lazy from Butch about 7 Years ago for £350 when it was a big niter sound.Bob Hinsley used to play it a lot, It used to go down a storm whenever i played it with plenty of people enquiring about it,as i dont think it was too well known.Mick H took it of my hands when i decidedto sellup. £500 if i remember correctly. what a tune.

Definitely no turkey !!

One of my all time faves and still in the playbox for the oldies sessions.. all 3 tracks great though.

My old copy from Dick Coombes now with Ady Lupton.. got one back on here very reasonably.. 400-500 for a minter..Tough !

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Thanks for all the replies so far boys , BUT has anybody ever seen / is there a PROMO of Lazy ??

g.gif

Yes... I've had promos of " Lady" there are promos of both if my fading memory serves me well...check Kev Moores post..

Social source share

The promo has Promotional Copy Not For Sale on the label.

post-13983-1263930737502_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Kev

just like my one - god i'm glad i don't collect anymore - i paid £7 or £8 and put it on plenty of tapes for people about 20 years ago

Social source share

Do you still have it and do you wanna sell it I'm looking a copy ?

still have it - did think about selling up collection about 12 months back but decided against it as i couldn't be bothered to try and load everything onto cd - or really have the heart or the need for the money

also never know - i might get asked to come out of retirement for the odd 60's nite locally - i still love the sounds and get them out of the box once in a blue moon

as for tommy turner - no idea it was even being played - but i wouldn't sell the odd record no! it would be all or nothing i think sorry!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!