Northern Soul Dj-ing, Easy? Or Hard?

I think usually it's not a case of not listening, often they haven't arrived yet or they are in the record bar where they can't hear what's played before their spot. You're right it is inexcusible, but understandable. I think some places should get DJs to write down what they play so the next up can check what's been played.

Repeat records are more common at oldies dos i reckon or where the DJs don't own such unique sounds.

Mind you, sometimes i want to hear something twice. swoon.gif

Matt

link

I agree.....it is inexcusable for a DJ who is paid with punter's money to spend all night in a record bar then nip out 5 minutes before he's on and play repeats

Its been a bit quiet on SS this week, so I'll ask this:

Does anyone else think it tends to be the old guard, "name" Djs, who are most guilty of this? :huh:

Social source share

• Replies 103
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pub, records, beer, good company spells bliss, i'll get em' in...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

My kind of fella Mr Bicknell swoon.gif

Social source share

I agree.....it is inexcusable for a DJ who is paid with punter's money to spend all night in a record bar then nip out 5 minutes before he's on and play repeats

Its been a bit quiet on SS this week, so I'll ask this:

Does anyone else think it tends to be the old guard, "name" Djs, who are most guilty of this? swoon.gif

link

Not necessarily, I would say it has happened more at venues I have attended within the last couple of years than it did before.... but as was said before, there are more 'DJ's around now. We want to be careful, we might end up with a scene full of DJ's and no dancers! My God that would be soooooooo boring!

My turn........ Get off it's my turn! LOL :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert