Selling My Collection

Well not all of it actually but a lot of Northern originals, a few reissues, some funk, modern soul, crossover etc. Many nice and hard to find items. To make it easy I have set up a website on gemm which I have listed over 400 items on and still more to go. Some of the real rare stuff is full money (but still cheaper than many well known dealers) but this is because of the high commission gemm charges so if you are interested in a more expensive item or in a multiple purchase then pm me and we can talk over a figure that suits us both. Obviously now the site is live the only way to ensure that nobody gets the record you want is to buy it from the site I am afraid.

Hope there is something for everyone!

go to https://seanatglobal.gemm.com

happy hunting

Thanks

Sean

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

it was the copy of

Chairmen of the board..Bless your heart on Surefine for $180 that I coughed at haha

anyone want mine for $150

gasher

Obviously not a $180 record, I have reduced it to the $18 it should be!

Just to re-iterate what I said at the top of the thread anyone seriously interested in purchasing please pm me, gemm charge a large commission and I am happy to sell items directly and reduce the price accordingly.

Sean

Social source share

Obviously not a $180 record, I have reduced it to the $18 it should be!

Just to re-iterate what I said at the top of the thread anyone seriously interested in purchasing please pm me, gemm charge a large commission and I am happy to sell items directly and reduce the price accordingly.

Sean

There are some cracking records on there but you can understand why there's comment about it. How much would this lot cost me away from gemm?

adams apples

fidels

gia mateo

jean carter

joey heatherton

soul twins

vibrations

Social source share

There are some cracking records on there but you can understand why there's comment about it. How much would this lot cost me away from gemm?

adams apples

fidels

gia mateo

jean carter

joey heatherton

soul twins

vibrations

Hi Pete, Thanks for a more positive reply! I really am just trying to sell my collection but not give it away as it took many years and many of the records are pretty hard to find.

Firstly let me just say in response to your comment on bits'n pieces that as I am not a full time dealer I have used popsike to research sold prices, if you look then you will see the last one that sold on ebay a couple of years ago went for £62 (an issue that is). At current exchange rates I think that makes mine a similar price, and as I said I will reduce it if someone buys direct.

With regard to your question on the above items I don't know whether or not you are interested in purchasing the records or it is just a general question but my answer would be that I would look to reduce the gemm prices by 20% for someone buying that lot in one go.

Maybe I should have just listed them on soul source first at cheaper prices but I just thought it would be easier this way and if all the records do not sell straight away (a nice thought but unrealistic) then they can stay available on gemm indefinitely.

Hope that answers things for you

Sean

Social source share

Hi Pete, Thanks for a more positive reply! I really am just trying to sell my collection but not give it away as it took many years and many of the records are pretty hard to find.

Firstly let me just say in response to your comment on bits'n pieces that as I am not a full time dealer I have used popsike to research sold prices, if you look then you will see the last one that sold on ebay a couple of years ago went for £62 (an issue that is). At current exchange rates I think that makes mine a similar price, and as I said I will reduce it if someone buys direct.

With regard to your question on the above items I don't know whether or not you are interested in purchasing the records or it is just a general question but my answer would be that I would look to reduce the gemm prices by 20% for someone buying that lot in one go.

Maybe I should have just listed them on soul source first at cheaper prices but I just thought it would be easier this way and if all the records do not sell straight away (a nice thought but unrealistic) then they can stay available on gemm indefinitely.

Hope that answers things for you

Sean

Sean the comment on the Bits & Pieces is because it's a bootleg and should be sold as one for a lot less money (absolutely coincidentally I've got one listed at 5 quid on ebay at the moment - 5 quid against 50 quid!)

Social source share

Sean the comment on the Bits & Pieces is because it's a bootleg and should be sold as one for a lot less money (absolutely coincidentally I've got one listed at 5 quid on ebay at the moment - 5 quid against 50 quid!)

Fair enough Pete, when I researched that record there were none for sale on ebay and the price guide only lists an original so I took popsike as being the best guide. Good luck with your item listed on ebay I'm sure it will sell quickly at that price and I will take on board what you say and reduce the item to a more realistic figure (not a fiver as I would keep it for that price!)

Sean

Social source share

SEAN,Some great records on there for sale but the likes of Rubin didnt sell on ebay at a buy price now £225 and you have priced it at £300 approx, Gud luck mate

Thanks for the Info Shaun, obviously it is impossible to keep track of every record that sells on ebay so I took some advice on this one and was told £300 less an offer was fair. Yes I will take an offer on this item so if someone is interested they will pay less than £300.

Albert Jones and Jeanne and the Darlings now sold, thanks to those buyers.

Have a soulful weekend.

Sean

Social source share

Thanks for the Info Shaun, obviously it is impossible to keep track of every record that sells on ebay so I took some advice on this one and was told £300 less an offer was fair. Yes I will take an offer on this item so if someone is interested they will pay less than £300.

Albert Jones and Jeanne and the Darlings now sold, thanks to those buyers.

Have a soulful weekend.

Sean

Adams apples now sold, thanks to that buyer and to everyone else who has expressed interest in different items, I hope the prices I have offered are reasonable for you all.

Cheers

Sean

Social source share

Well not all of it actually but a lot of Northern originals, a few reissues, some funk, modern soul, crossover etc. Many nice and hard to find items. To make it easy I have set up a website on gemm which I have listed over 400 items on and still more to go. Some of the real rare stuff is full money (but still cheaper than many well known dealers) but this is because of the high commission gemm charges so if you are interested in a more expensive item or in a multiple purchase then pm me and we can talk over a figure that suits us both. Obviously now the site is live the only way to ensure that nobody gets the record you want is to buy it from the site I am afraid.

Hope there is something for everyone!

go to https://seanatglobal.gemm.com

happy hunting

Thanks

Sean

Dear Sean - no offence mate - but I personally lost the will to live just looking thru all of the categories you've listed here...!!

I've lately seen Soul Source becoming a place where sellers from all over the shop are able to just chuck any old stuff on here with links to where the stock is located and just hope for the best!! Not a good way to sell on here and also just serves to clog up an already manically busy Sales page.

I find the best results come from being a bit more selective with what I list and 'tailoring' the entries to suit the surroundings, less is definitely more on Soul Source sales. Pick out the good stuff, pop the scans / clips up and convert the prices from $ to £ as well - you'll do much better mate...I buy / sell tons on here but I just won't go thru hundreds and hundreds of pages/categories to find maybe 10 / 20 titles I'm interested in - life's too short for that and there are literally 100s and 100s of records posted on here every day - people have incredible choice on here and the easier you make it for people to buy / browse yr stuff - the better you'll do.

Out.....MRez

Social source share

Dear Sean - no offence mate - but I personally lost the will to live just looking thru all of the categories you've listed here...!!

I've lately seen Soul Source becoming a place where sellers from all over the shop are able to just chuck any old stuff on here with links to where the stock is located and just hope for the best!! Not a good way to sell on here and also just serves to clog up an already manically busy Sales page.

I find the best results come from being a bit more selective with what I list and 'tailoring' the entries to suit the surroundings, less is definitely more on Soul Source sales. Pick out the good stuff, pop the scans / clips up and convert the prices from $ to £ as well - you'll do much better mate...I buy / sell tons on here but I just won't go thru hundreds and hundreds of pages/categories to find maybe 10 / 20 titles I'm interested in - life's too short for that and there are literally 100s and 100s of records posted on here every day - people have incredible choice on here and the easier you make it for people to buy / browse yr stuff - the better you'll do.

Out.....MRez

Thanks for what I am sure is good advice, when I get a chance I will do my best to follow it! I really was just trying to do my best to categorise the music. Problem stems from having diverse tastes I suppose, but there is a dedicated northern soul category if that's what you are looking for.

Cheers

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert