2010-04-02: Movin' On Barcelona (Spain)

Event Title: MOVIN' ON BARCELONA (SPAIN)

Event Author: tykarim

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: SAT 03 April 2010

-------------------------------------------------

MOVIN' ON

Pure Soul Music Barcelona

3 de Abril 2010 / April 3rd 2010

[Next date: June 5th 2010]

At JAZZ ROOM Calle Vallmajor nº 33 – Plaza d'Adria (Barcelona)

FFCC: Muntaner

23:30 h – 05:00 h

Admission: 10 euros (including drink)

Email us at: HYPERLINK"mailto:movinon_barcelona@yahoo.com" movinon_barcelona@yahoo.com

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/movinon

MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/movion_barcelona

GUEST DJs:

ARTHUR FENN (UK)

MARCO SANTUCCI (UK)

+ RESIDENT DJs: Eduardo Domingo & Cristina Alonso

+ FRIDAY 2nd: Soul Night @ Marula BCN (C/Escudillers,BCN): Dj's Eduardo Domingo + Marcos Juandó *** 24 to 3 h

+MEETING AT DISCOS JUANDÓ RECORD SHOP at Discos Juandó (C/Giralt El Pellisser 2-B) >SATURDAY 6TH from 10:30 to 15:00 >

Dj's:

ARTHUR FENN (UK):

Got into northern soul in 1973 & by 74 was buying afew things from Bob Cattaneo in Daly City California. Around 1975 i was playingrecords -can't really say it was djing - at the Central club in Leeds beforethe main Dj's came on. I was going to the Blackpool Mecca at this time &that was a huge influence on my music as they played the new releases of theday side by side with the 60's. 1978 and i was going to America to look for myown records & djing at more venues arround England. By 1982 i'd sold mostof my rare northern to concentrate on playing modern soul which i continued todo until 99/2000 when i decided i needed to go back to my roots. My firstventure out of England came when Gerhard asked me to play at his club inFrankfurt which would be 2002/3 and i was hooked it was so exciting to play toa totaly new - for me - crowd and since then i've guested at 4/5 times a yearall over Europe. I personaly love late 60s to late 70s with one or two early80s soul thrown in and, after allthe years of playing, the enjoyment it gives me is never ending.

TOP10:

Total Warmth- Talkin Bout Love

Esther Grant- Here I Am

The Truths Inc- If i Had a Love

Alan Harris- Love Is The Only Answer

Salt & Pepper- A Man Of My Word

Wee- Try Me

Donald Thomas- Calling Me Home

Ice- Reality

Bill Spoon- I Cant Wait

Detroit Sounds Of Friction- I'm Leaving You

MARCO SANTUCCI (UK):

My first introduction to the rare soul world were the 100Club, Leighton Buzzard, Tony Empress Ballroom allnighters; having achieved toDJ at the very same 100 Club, the fantastic Lifeline, The Wilton, The WholeThing and Cliff Steele's Creative Soul…and this May I'll be Djing at thefabulous Bamberg Soul Weekender in Germany, see you all there and, of course,at Movin' On!

TOP 10:

David Peoples - Got To Get My BroomOut - Saru

Theron and Darrell - I was made tolove her - Solo

Darrow Fletcher - Heaven Must HaveBeen Your Hometown - Acetate

Charles Holiday - Don't Lie -Playboy

Four Real Inc. - The Man - FlyingEagles test press

Young Mods - Who You Gonna Run To -Everblack

Flint Emeralds - Like A Baby -Gatewood

O'Jays - The Choice - Bell

The Tempests - Everything Is GonnaBe Alright - C/U

Dee Edwards - Why Can't There BeLove – GM

+RESIDENT DJs: Eduardo Domingo & Cristina Alonso

Movin' On resident Dj's and organizers (Cristina is alsoco-organizing The Boiler), they will be completing Movin' On DJ Roster.

TOP 10 CRISTINA ALONSO:

JOEY GEE: It's more than Ideserve

DEE DEE WARWICK: Funny how wechange places

ROCKIE ROBBINS: I never knew

FREDA PAYNE: We've gotta finda way back to love

JAN JONES: Independent woman

WILL COLLINS & WILLPOWER:Anything I can do

EXPORTATIONS: I want you

LOVE UNLIMITED: High steppin'hip dressin' fella

RICHARD ROGERS: Can't stoploving you

TENDERNESS: Gotta keep on trying

TOP 10 EDUARDO DOMINGO

CHARLENE & SOULSERENADERS- Can you win

HOLY DISCIPLES- Trying tomake a hundred

THE RELATIVES- Leavesomething worthwhile

JADES- Lucky fellow

GENE TOONES- What more do youwant

FORTSON & SCOTT- Sweetlover

T&T- Something on my mind

FABULOUS PLAYMATES- Don'tturn your back on love

JOSEPH WEBSTER- My love is sostrong

TY KARIM- All at once

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by tykarim
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry, Friday 2nd is the Friday party, 3rd is the actual allnighter

BEST!

EDU

Glad you cleared that up Edu cos we fly in sat mornin biggrin.gif , really ready for this cos i've been a bit grumpy ( see other posts laugh.gif ) with a torn calf muscle, still, i'll be hoblin round the dance floor come sat night, best, Arthur.

Guest marco

Glad you cleared that up Edu cos we fly in sat mornin :D , really ready for this cos i've been a bit grumpy ( see other posts :laugh: ) with a torn calf muscle, still, i'll be hoblin round the dance floor come sat night, best, Arthur.

You've obviously been overdoing it at golf then Arthur?

See you on Saturday night mate - looking forward to it!

Looks like I'll be spoilt rotten with the soul music on offer by the residents and guests - can't wait! :lol:

...as well as the best of Barcelona (food & wine, feeding my Gaudi fetish, sunny mild weather even!)

Only heard good to great things about this night, so really looking forward to tagging along on Saturday night.

m

Guest karen b

Looks like I'll be spoilt rotten with the soul music on offer by the residents and guests - can't wait! :thumbsup:

...as well as the best of Barcelona (food & wine, feeding my Gaudi fetish, sunny mild weather even!)

Only heard good to great things about this night, so really looking forward to tagging along on Saturday night.

m

Certainly Maria,

one of the most stylish cities to have a soul fixyes.gif,

company great and I know how you feel about the food!!!wink.gif

Must mention the venue too. Downstairs, underground just how we like it!!!biggrin.gif

love Karen x

Glad you cleared that up Edu cos we fly in sat mornin biggrin.gif , really ready for this cos i've been a bit grumpy ( see other posts laugh.gif ) with a torn calf muscle, still, i'll be hoblin round the dance floor come sat night, best, Arthur.

Arthur,

If it makes you feel better, I'll be there with my two crutches :-)

Looking forward to see you all.

Iu

Wish I could be there Edu... you're in great company with Arthur and Marco... It'll be an amazing night....thumbup.gif

It was! - even I danced lots biggrin.gif

Many thanks to Edu and all the Spanish crowd for the weekend. Spent most of the rest of the time eating, drinking and listening to soul round Kavel's and Edu's homes (along with everyone else that dropped in too). Polly deserves a big kiss for all the wonderful food she prepared for Sunday.

See you all in Bamberg,

m

It was! - even I danced lots :D

Many thanks to Edu and all the Spanish crowd for the weekend. Spent most of the rest of the time eating, drinking and listening to soul round Kavel's and Edu's homes (along with everyone else that dropped in too). Polly deserves a big kiss for all the wonderful food she prepared for Sunday.

See you all in Bamberg,

m

Many thanks to you and Arthur for accepting our invitation! :hatsoff2:

I'll send a PM to Arthur about playlists...thumbsup.gif

See you in Bamberg!

Edu

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to you and Arthur for accepting our invitation! hatsoff2.gif

I'll send a PM to Arthur about playlists...thumbsup.gif

See you in Bamberg!

Edu

Hi Guys, sorry i've been such a lazy ar'xx in reporting back, i'll blame the bad leg whistling.gif . Anyway the night/ weekend was all i expected it to be after hearing what good friends had to say, can sum it up in a few words, take wonderfull music surrounded by like minded people in a cool club in the heart of 1 of the worlds most beautiful vibrant cities & there you have it !thumbsup.gif . Almost a little sideline but check out the quantity of shots they hit you with, not like good ol'e blighty i'll tell youbeer.gif . I'll post up a few spins in a day or 3, see some of you very soon!, best, Arthur.

Source Advert