• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hope this is better.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hello Mark,

Nice to see that it has "I'll Stop Loving You" on there. That was one of the nicest 45s in the Grapevine 2000 series.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Hope this is better.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I NOTICE SWEET MAGIC ISN'T ON THE C.D MARK!! WOULD THAT MEAN THEY WERE A DIFFERENT GROUP? ATB JIM

Social source share

I NOTICE SWEET MAGIC ISN'T ON THE C.D MARK!! WOULD THAT MEAN THEY WERE A DIFFERENT GROUP? ATB JIM

First question I asked the compiler Jim and was told that ''Sweet Magic' and 'Connie' for some reason the master tapes or licence was not available at the time when the CD was being put together, same group mate.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Over the years and very few and far i have always tried to listen to acappello and indeed the backing tracks of our songs.Now many years ago i remember telling Dave Withers and Tim Finch that i used to play certain 45s on minimum 33rpm or with a variable speed deck around 38rpm doing this used to give me a deeper dimension to the song.So before you all fall on the floor laughing and if you have a Wind Hit orig as i did, go get it and try it.Another chance to hear one of the greatest northern tracks of all time in a differant way.so with this new cd on the horizon(and thanks Mark for making us aware of its comming)its yet another chance to listen from yet another angle.I swopped a few e mails a couple of years ago i dont know what they must of thought when i told them i named my cat Hadley after Mr Marrell(lived till he was 19)the cat that is. Our beloved Chalky gave me a copy of thier last cd but that wasnt our scenes type of music,shame

Social source share

Over the years and very few and far i have always tried to listen to acappello and indeed the backing tracks of our songs.Now many years ago i remember telling Dave Withers and Tim Finch that i used to play certain 45s on minimum 33rpm or with a variable speed deck around 38rpm doing this used to give me a deeper dimension to the song.So before you all fall on the floor laughing and if you have a Wind Hit orig as i did, go get it and try it.Another chance to hear one of the greatest northern tracks of all time in a differant way.so with this new cd on the horizon(and thanks Mark for making us aware of its comming)its yet another chance to listen from yet another angle.I swopped a few e mails a couple of years ago i dont know what they must of thought when i told them i named my cat Hadley after Mr Marrell(lived till he was 19)the cat that is. Our beloved Chalky gave me a copy of thier last cd but that wasnt our scenes type of music,shame

Hi Gilly, hope you and Nicola are well. I've been in contact with Hadley a few times since you pointed me in his direction :thumbup: He told me about this cd a couple of years ago......so its been a while coming.

Be interesting to see if there are is any other information as he only knew the lead James Mitchell name, he couldn't remember the others. Hadley Murrell did confirm he wasn't in the group. The backing group was the JBJ's from San Francisco. Hadley was the owner of Wind Hit and the producer of the tracks. All four were airmen based at Luke air force base. All now dead. What is interesting is in the photo above there are five in the photo, Hadley said to me there were four in the group and I've photo somewhere with just four :lol:

Looks a cracking cd and will definitely be on my shopping list come April.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert