Unreleased Version - I'll Hold You - Frankie & Johnny

Neil Rushton

IN STOCK NOW...ALL ORDERS RECEIVED OVERNIGHT WILL BE SENT OUT IN THE POST FRIDAY MORNING

UNRELEASED VERSION - I'LL HOLD YOU - FRANKIE & JOHNNY C/W THE ORIGINAL VERSION

UK OUTTASIGHT - LABEL IS USA HICKORY LOOKALIKE - LICENCED IN FROM THE OWNERS OF HICKORY MASTERS

WHEN PETE WID FOUND A UK DECCA COPY OF FRANKIE & JOHNNY, COVERERD IT UP AS BY BILLY VERA & JUDY CLAY AND LENT IT TO TONY ELLIS TO BREAK VIA THE YATE ALL-NIGHTERS HE HAD A PRETTY GOOD IDEA HE HAD DISCOVERED A MONSTER NEW SOUND...WHAT NEITHER PETE OF ANYONE ELSE KNEW THAT THERE WAS ANOTHER VERSION STUCK IN THE VAULTS OF BBC TOP OF THE POPS! DECCA USED THEIR CLOUT TO GET THE TRACK PERFORMED AND FILMED FOR THE SHOW BUT LACK OF SALES MEANT IT WAS NEVER BROADCAST..

THREE YEARS AGO GLENN GUNTON DISCOVERED THE AUDIO TAKE AMONGST THE TAPES AT SANCTUARY RECORDS, GOT ME A CARVER AND IT WENT DOWN MASSIVE AS A WORLD EXCLUSIVE PLAY AT THE NEWQUAY WEEKENDER - A REAL HAIRS STANDING UP ON THE BACK OF YOUR NECK MOMENT! GLENN HAS NOW SECURED THE RIGHT TO RELEASE IT ON HIS OUTTA SIGHT! LABEL. THE BBC ORCHESTRA ARE SURPRISINGLY SOULFUL AND THE VOCALS ARE SUPERB.

IF YOU ARE DJ'ING ON SATURDAY TRY AND SLIP THIS IN AND SEE HOW SURPRISED THE DANCERS WILL BE - ALL ORDERS RECEIVED OVERNIGHT WILL BE SENT OUT IST CLASS RECORDED POST TOMORROW (FRIDAY).

COPIES £10 EACH PLUS £1.80 RECORDED POST IST DISC, 20P EACH EXTRA.

AND IF YOU WANT A COPY ON INFERNO - MINT/NEVER PLAYED - I STILL HAVE SOME STOCK AND WILL DO FOR SAME PRICE.

PAYPAL - please make payment to -

sales@soulvation.biz

All the Best,

Neil

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Neil, I bet this was recorded for BBC Radio not Top Of The Pops - plus it was the B side, not the A side, why would TOTP even consider broadcasting a non-chart B side?

Pete,

I've checked and I had got it wrong...the recording was actually done on Tuesday May 24 1966 for Redifussion's Five O'Clock Club. The a side was performed, then Frankie & Johny were interviewed, and then they came back to perform "I'll Hold You". Also on the bill were Alexis Korner, Gerry & The Pacemakers and The Dave Clark 5.

Glenn also has audio of Samantha Jones performing "Surrounded By A Ray Of Sunshine" on Five O'Clock Club.

Neil

All orders received overnight have been dealt with, all orders received today will be sent out today.

Social source share

Pete,

I've checked and I had got it wrong...the recording was actually done on Tuesday May 24 1966 for Redifussion's Five O'Clock Club. The a side was performed, then Frankie & Johny were interviewed, and then they came back to perform "I'll Hold You". Also on the bill were Alexis Korner, Gerry & The Pacemakers and The Dave Clark 5.

Glenn also has audio of Samantha Jones performing "Surrounded By A Ray Of Sunshine" on Five O'Clock Club.

Neil

All orders received overnight have been dealt with, all orders received today will be sent out today.

A man true to his word mine arrived this am.hatsoff2.gif Will get a spin at the H & G Chill Out 2moro.

Cheers

Mick W

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert