Ike And Tina Dust My Broom, 4 Different Releases: Relative Rarity?

I've seen four different looks for "Dust My Broom" on U.S. Tangerine:

1. Orange stock copy, label number 967 with flip "I'm Hooked"

2. White promo of above with both sides

3. Red and black stock copy, label number 1019 with flip "Anything You Wasn't Born With"

4. Black and white promo of above with both sides

Is any of them rarer or more desirable than the others? "Dust My Broom" clocks at 2:01 on versions 1 and 2 above, at 2:20 on 3 and 4. Is it a different recording? Or a different mix? Or just a different edit? Are there single-sided or double-A-sided promos floating around too?

Thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've seen four different looks for "Dust My Broom" on U.S. Tangerine:

1. Orange stock copy, label number 967 with flip "I'm Hooked"

2. White promo of above with both sides

3. Red and black stock copy, label number 1019 with flip "Anything You Wasn't Born With"

4. Black and white promo of above with both sides

Is any of them rarer or more desirable than the others? "Dust My Broom" clocks at 2:01 on versions 1 and 2 above, at 2:20 on 3 and 4. Is it a different recording? Or a different mix? Or just a different edit? Are there single-sided or double-A-sided promos floating around too?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure the orange Tangerine is the same as the UK HMV one (northern track)yes.gif

There is a blues version I can't remember if it is on a 45 but it is on a LP (not northern)no.gif

Dave.

Social source share

The all Orange Tangerine is the original press with the tangerine logo going in an arc over the top of the label. The orange and black with tangerine running top to bottom on left side is a later release. So i guess the White demo of the first press would be best.

Social source share

I am pretty sure the orange Tangerine is the same as the UK HMV one (northern track):yes:

There is a blues version I can't remember if it is on a 45 but it is on a LP (not northern):no:

Dave.

there is a blues version, but by Ike turner on his own, i think it is on United Artists, i bought it out of interest a few years back, wish i hadn't,...:no: .....best...phil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert