Southern Soul Nights / Promotions

are there any nights currently running that focus on southern soul. Not just the odd track at a northern soul night but where it is the main focus.

ideally around the midlands......

don't realy see any advertised.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

are there any nights currently running that focus on southern soul. Not just the odd track at a northern soul night but where it is the main focus.

ideally around the midlands......

don't realy see any advertised.

Don't think there is but I wish there was. My kinda thing nowadays. However, Just Soul at Barnby Moor (Retford) plays a fair percentage of Southern.

https://www.justsoul.co.uk/

Also anyone know of any pub/bar type places piping deep soul where one can have a civilised :laugh: evening drinking, eating and chatting.?

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

You could try the Soulfull Sessions, Worcester, we play a good smattering of sweet and deep soul in the early part of the evenings, go to Soulstuff.co.uk for previous playlists to see if it might be something of interest to you, lots of knowlegeble peeps to chat soul to. We are on our summer break now tho till october when Adey Pointain will be joining us as guest.

Rob h.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

You could try the Soulfull Sessions, Worcester, we play a good smattering of sweet and deep soul in the early part of the evenings, go to Soulstuff.co.uk for previous playlists to see if it might be something of interest to you, lots of knowlegeble peeps to chat soul to. We are on our summer break now tho till october when Adey Pointain will be joining us as guest.

Rob h.

Rob, nice playlists for Soulfull Sessions, shame it's not just a bit closer for me.

Like Just Soul, my kinda night.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

There used to be a night in London called "George Jackson" after the singer, but it seems to be finished now. Can't remember who promoted it.

Southern Soul is amazing music but probably doesn't get played out as most of it is listening rather than dancing music.

Social source share

There used to be a night in London called "George Jackson" after the singer, but it seems to be finished now. Can't remember who promoted it.

Southern Soul is amazing music but probably doesn't get played out as most of it is listening rather than dancing music.

london is probably too expensive an option for me as it involves needing a hotel etc. I think gareth might have had something to do with that night but I don't think its running now.

i'd say there is plenty of southern you can dance to and a few slower sides thrown in would still make it a good night as far as i'm concearned.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Gareth X on here was one of the guys behind this night. Used to be in Danny Everards bar in Shoreditch.

Social source share

Gareth X on here was one of the guys behind this night. Used to be in Danny Everards bar in Shoreditch.

It was musically a great night which Gareth and his brother Anthony as well as David Nossiter and myself (toward the end) used to run a few years back. The main problem was there was a very poor turnout.

It's a shame really as I think people are starting to appreciate the slower stuff now (age maybe, or the legs can't dance to the faster stuff as well as they used to)

Here are some playlists

28352_437628652315_698577315_5710544_2325210_n.jpg

Social source share

It was musically a great night which Gareth and his brother Anthony as well as David Nossiter and myself (toward the end) used to run a few years back. The main problem was there was a very poor turnout.

It's a shame really as I think people are starting to appreciate the slower stuff now (age maybe, or the legs can't dance to the faster stuff as well as they used to)

Here are some playlists

28352_437628652315_698577315_5710544_2325210_n.jpg

that connie mcgill record is so slow you couldn't even slow dance to it... great record though.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

that connie mcgill record is so slow you couldn't even slow dance to it... great record though.

Nice playlists and my kinda thing. Have always had a dream of opening up city centre bar, long narrowish kinda place that would be busy with 30 people in it. Atmospheric soul artist photos, billing posters, memorabilia etc adorning the walls. Wouldn't even need a dance floor, well perhaps a 6ft x 6ft bit at the end. Just somewhere to drink, have bar meals and talk soul music with others on the same wavelength. Open every day/evening with just classic, southern and deep soul playing all the time, could even be played from CD or whatever, in that kinda situation I wouldn't care what it's on as long as it's playing.

A place for the converted to pop into after work or even for an easy relaxed night out.

Just gotta win the lotto first.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Nice playlists and my kinda thing. Have always had a dream of opening up city centre bar, long narrowish kinda place that would be busy with 30 people in it. Atmospheric soul artist photos, billing posters, memorabilia etc adorning the walls. Wouldn't even need a dance floor, well perhaps a 6ft x 6ft bit at the end. Just somewhere to drink, have bar meals and talk soul music with others on the same wavelength. Open every day/evening with just classic, southern and deep soul playing all the time, could even be played from CD or whatever, in that kinda situation I wouldn't care what it's on as long as it's playing.

A place for the converted to pop into after work or even for an easy relaxed night out.

Just gotta win the lotto first.

thumbsup.gif

Majestic soul isn't far off that, it's certainly small enough:ph34r:

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Majestic soul isn't far off that, it's certainly small enoughph34r.gif

Your dead right there Mark, it exists already down the stairs on Ravey St....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert