Al Gardner - Sweet Baby

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

I know the originals on Sepia are changing hands for close to a grand but does anybody know the value of the French issue on Googa Mooga?

Cheers

Pete Down Under :shades:

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

When and where have any original(s) been changing hands lately? And for a grand? I'd like to know. Last one I saw for sale, which was the only one in some time, was more than a year ago on ebay and it went for around £450 only.

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Hi Pete,

The Eddie Parker release on Googa Mooga is probably easier to find than the Al Gardner. These French Pic cover releases have been kicking around since the mid 70's, I can remember seeing odd ones but never saw them in great quantities - I paid GBP 40 for one from Shifty a couple of years ago and thought that was a fair price at the time.

There have been a number on E-bay in the last couple of years (French sellers) which have gone for far less, nonetheless, unless I'm very mistaken it doesn't turn up that often.

A great Mecca sound - always reminds me of Shelvo from Leicester !

Take care,

Johnny Mack

Social source share

Guest Damien

No other releases on Googa Mooga as far as I know

Al Gardner is much difficult to find here in France than the others... but not so rare...

30 £ should be a correct price

Social source share

• 15 years later...

Sixteen years is a long time to correct something, but better late than never.

The Googa Mooga Eddie Parker and Al Gardner singles that were around in the mid 70s came from Global Records in Manchester, not from Lorraine Chandler. I found Googa Mooga's address in Paris and wrote to ask if they had any stock left. I think we ordered around 600 Eddie Parker and 200 Al Gardner. They sold fairly quickly but Eddie Parker was past its heyday and Al Gardner was a collectors record. Googa Mooga sent a copy of the other two records they issued but we didn't order any.

Other copies must have been found before and after this but if anyone saw them in UK shops around 74/75 they were from Global.

Edited by Rick Cooper
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert