Name That Tune

Guest Mrs Simsy

Guest Mrs Simsy

Hello,

Does anybody know who the following is? I don't know the artist, title, label or matrix number but i've got one of Simsy's old tapes in the car that's as old as me (:hatsoff2:) and he can't remember who it is...

It's a male vocal R'n'B sounding tune that starts with a phone ringing and the woman says "hello" and the guy says "hello girl" she says "who's this" & he says "this is me-and i just wanna let you know...i don't love you no more..."

Perhaps early 60's? Hopefully theres loads for sale & they're all a tenner?:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Jimmy Norman on Little Star.,

Hello,

Does anybody know who the following is? I don't know the artist, title, label or matrix number but i've got one of Simsy's old tapes in the car that's as old as me (:lol:) and he can't remember who it is...

It's a male vocal R'n'B sounding tune that starts with a phone ringing and the woman says "hello" and the guy says "hello girl" she says "who's this" & he says "this is me-and i just wanna let you know...i don't love you no more..."

Perhaps early 60's? Hopefully theres loads for sale & they're all a tenner?:lol:

Jimmy Norman on Little Star. Not hard to find and not exepnsive either...

H B Barnum (whose label Little Star was) sang it at the Cleggy weekender a couple of years back!

Happy to help....

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Jimmy Norman on Little Star.,

Jimmy Norman on Little Star. Not hard to find and not exepnsive either...

H B Barnum (whose label Little Star was) sang it at the Cleggy weekender a couple of years back!

Happy to help....

Ooh thanks.:lol: I had a feeling you might be the chap in the know. I'll have a look for it.:lol:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

This is mine, bought in states.

Books at 20 quid in manships, can't see it being booted ?

Paid $2. :lol:

post-17800-059739100 1282673142_thumb.jp

Thank you. It's just there's a green label like yours & a blue one. Both under $10. Didn't know which one to go for as they both say they're original.:lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Thank you. It's just there's a green label like yours & a blue one. Both under $10. Didn't know which one to go for as they both say they're original.:thumbsup:

I also don't think either colour are boots - it was a minor US hit and the two colours may just have been a matter of the record being pressed at two different plants. I've never seen a blue one so i can't say with 100% certainty, but that would be my theory anyway!

Most Little Star stock 45s are on the green label, though, so if you really wanted 100% peace of mind that would be the one to go for...

Social source share

its been in the sales section within the last couple of months

mines green

edit .... here's one from yesterday :thumbsup:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

its been in the sales section within the last couple of months

mines green

edit .... here's one from yesterday :thumbsup:

Buy the lot for £45 Kylie some nice ones there.

Social source share

There is an 'answer' record to this song - "You don't want me no more" by Queen Esther on Guest records.

It starts off in the same way, with the telephone ringing, but we hear the conversation from woman's side...

"You don't want me no more?" asks Queen Esther. "Listen, used-to-be poppa..."

It's a cracking R&B number with an equally good flip!

Aha - just found the flip "Take it easy baby" on Refosoul (although the artist's name is spelt incorrectly)

Queen Ester - Take it easy baby -

Edited by rigilbert
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

There is an 'answer' record to this song - "You don't want me no more" by Queen Esther on Guest records.

It starts off in the same way, with the telephone ringing, but we hear the conversation from woman's side...

"You don't want me no more?" asks Queen Esther. "Listen, used-to-be poppa..."

It's a cracking R&B number with an equally good flip!

Jimmy Norman is itself, an answer disc to Barbara George "I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)", isn''t it?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert