Carolines / Nocturnes, Manchester

Surely a forgotten monster? Apart from Searling turning up midweek we also got Pete Thorpe, Carlos (who he?) and Dave Evison on a regular basis. I remember the manager letting some of us in for nowt, and they also had all dayers (we got raided at least once by the police and I gave a false name :shades: )

Small club, small dance floor, big sounds. Give it up for Carolines. blush.gif

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Surely a forgotten monster? Apart from Searling turning up midweek we also got Pete Thorpe, Carlos (who he?) and Dave Evison on a regular basis. I remember the manager letting some of us in for nowt, and they also had all dayers (we got raided at least once by the police and I gave a false name  :shades: )

Small club, small dance floor, big sounds. Give it up for Carolines.  blush.gif

link

hi dave

was oneof the best is this not where you borrowed the jades and warped it on the chip shop counter.

also this is where richard when leaving put some records on his car roof and forgot about them one of them was that lp by len barry with the cover versions

on

mark

Social source share

Surely a forgotten monster? Apart from Searling turning up midweek we also got Pete Thorpe, Carlos (who he?) and Dave Evison on a regular basis. I remember the manager letting some of us in for nowt, and they also had all dayers (we got raided at least once by the police and I gave a false name  :D )

Small club, small dance floor, big sounds. Give it up for Carolines.  :thumbsup:

link

Carlos, a very nice Half Chinese Lad who was a good mate of mine and Ricky's from when we was Babes in arms in Salford.

Had a good record collection, bought a lot from a certain Mr Soussan, had one of the first copies of Paul Anka, labels removed at source so as not to identify it,.

Not seen for years, believed to be now living in San Francisco.

Next Question Please.

Tony

Social source share

Surely not the only one on here to know Carlos(Carl Wong).

His Mam and Dad owned a bakery on the corner of West Park St and Phoebe St in Salford, where we used to fill up on warm mini Hovis at penny ha'penny each.

Later moved to Cadishead,where me and Rick met up with him again and started going to The Carlton in Warrington ( Now there IS a forgotten Club).

Cheers

Tony

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert