Jimmy James Info Please

Cunnie

Just stumbled on another copy of Jimmy James & the Vagabonds - Missing You on a Mojem 4 track ep & was wondering if anyone can shed a bit of light & of course a value on it.

Have been playing it for a while now on the occasional times folks are daft enough to ask me to DJ for them & it always seems to go down well & folks are always surprised when they find out it's our very own JJ&TV.

Have also been told that Jimmy was selling it around the Northern England working mens clubs when his career had virtually hit rock bottom. Makes me think that most copy's are tucked away in old dear's lofts collecting dust.

The labels are reversed on both my copy's & as far as I know they all are but in all honesty the only other person I know with a copy is Sean Hampsey.

Have just seen the copy of Jimmy's - Hey Girl in Mr Manship's auction & I'm sure this is far rarer & IMO far better too.

Any info would be most welcome & the refosoul clip is below.

TIA, Mart...

Jimmy James - Missing You -

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Warsop ex servicemens club

Jimmy was living in Retford at the time.....

any half decent copies will have Stones, Wards or mansfield Bitter stains on them

A "proper" S yorkshire/ Notts/ Derbyshire record--don't think there will be many copies further south than Nottinghamohmy.gif

£100 ???

must have pic sleve !

Rob

Social source share

any half decent copies will have Stones, Wards or mansfield Bitter stains on them

A "proper" S yorkshire/ Notts/ Derbyshire record--don't think there will be many copies further south than Nottinghamohmy.gif

£100 ???

must have pic sleve !

Rob

Nice description Rob. :yes:

JJ only distributed them at his gigs - hence the beer stains!

Got to be a helluva lot rarer than most £100 US 45's.

Sean

Social source share

£100 ???

must have pic sleve !

Rob

Well at least one found its way down to the Worcester area as I have one on my shelves:rolleyes:

Rob H.

Social source share

Hi Martin,

As far as the date is concerned, not a great deal of help really - but at least it will narrow it down a little.

'Back in the day' I used to write down the titles of all the singles I picked up, I stopped doing it in 1984, but on having a scan through the list today, about 20 titles from the end was this record, the date was 10th April 1984. :yes:

Actually I had written "Loving you is easy" + 3 EP but we know it's the same record.

As I said, it's not much to go on but at least it has to have been released before then, but as to it being a 70's or early 80's release - who knows?

Maybe someone else can recall getting one before then....? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert