• Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes it was re issued.

Original copies price will depend on condition really ?

As tamla motown is very collectible it just depends on what copy you have.

Seem to recall seeing it on a uk original ,which went for about £200 but also mono or stereo copies out there,with mono being usually earlier issue,therefore rarer.

Anywhere between £50 and £200 me think's

Social source share

how can you tell which is which:huh:

Original's have that globes logo on the bottom right and copies have the tamla logo

original on the left and re-issue copy on the right with the motown logo

post-5460-078642400 1286485676_thumb.jpg

post-5460-080617900 1286485695_thumb.jpg

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Original's have that globes logo on the bottom right and copies have the tamla logo

original on the left and re-issue copy on the right with the motown logo

Looks like this one has globes bottom right cover and is a reissue.

https://www.groovecollector.com/liste/p_produit.cfm?lng=2&seller=0&what=artiste&srt=1&poch=&bargain=&news=&chunksize=24&currency=5&stringa=&stringt=&spop_id=&exact_search=0&pagination_easy_mode=0&n_ref_list=&general_state=&search_mode=&list_index=&n_ref=114260087&tete=brenda%20holloway&fmt=0&categ_rech=0&page=1α=0

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not sure, here's a couple of scans to start with.

No dates on either Copy. Looks almost Canadian in Print Style,

I will check the deadwax in the Morning when I get home from work for clues as to where where pressed.

Tamla_T-54094a.gifTamla_T-54094b.gif

Released in Europe, too.

Durium_2563a.gifDurium_2563b.gif

Tamla_M-1062a.gifTamla_M-1062b.gif

Your 54094 is RCA-pressed, Rog'.

The R4KM 'second matrix number' is part of their numbering system. Comparison of the label copy with the font used on almost all mid 60s RCA demos will confirm that absolutely...

Motown used RCA less frequently than they did some of their more regular manufacturers, but there are many other examples of their 'work' across the Motown group of labels. Among those that come immediately to mind (i.e. I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look...) I have both "Where Would I Be Without You" by Barbara McNair and Four Tops' fabulous 'Wonderful Baby' as RCA presses, in fact I don't think I've ever seen either of them in any other configuration...

Social source share

Your 54094 is RCA-pressed, Rog'.

The R4KM 'second matrix number' is part of their numbering system. Comparison of the label copy with the font used on almost all mid 60s RCA demos will confirm that absolutely...

Motown used RCA less frequently than they did some of their more regular manufacturers, but there are many other examples of their 'work' across the Motown group of labels. Among those that come immediately to mind (i.e. I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look...) I have both "Where Would I Be Without You" by Barbara McNair and Four Tops' fabulous 'Wonderful Baby' as RCA presses, in fact I don't think I've ever seen either of them in any other configuration...

Many Thanks Tony, I've Often wondered why this release looked slightly different to most of my other Motown stuff.

Social source share

Looks like this one has globes bottom right cover and is a reissue.

https://www.groovecol...&page=1α=0

Just because seller says it's a re-issue does'nt mean it definitely is ??

maybe the seller is too lazy or technically challenged to upload a proper pic ??

That looks like an original copy to me ....My bet is if you buy it ..it will arrive with a different logo on it;)

Social source share

Just because seller says it's a re-issue does'nt mean it definitely is ??

maybe the seller is too lazy or technically challenged to upload a proper pic ??

That looks like an original copy to me ....My bet is if you buy it ..it will arrive with a different logo on it;)

if you look at the job lot on e bay where i seen the bh lp, on one of the photos hes covered up where the logo is on the album with another lp thrown on top ,where he hasnt done this with any other photos

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/101-ALBUMS-EXCELLENT-MOTOWN-NORTHERN-SOUL-COLLECTION-/290484576889?pt=UK_Records&hash=item43a23ae279

Social source share

if you look at the job lot on e bay where i seen the bh lp, on one of the photos hes covered up where the logo is on the album with another lp thrown on top ,where he hasnt done this with any other photos

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item43a23ae279

Very odd ??

Too expensive for that lot anyway:yes:

And judging by his other sales ,he knows what things are worth ,so my guess is he would'nt put this in with a job lot of crap lp's at that price.!

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert