• Replies 20
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Col

Around the £40 mark is a fair price I'd say. As far as I am aware it is a UK only 45 release. The lp which the said track is from 'Coming right at you' was re-released by Soul Brother but wasn't aware of a re-release of the 45...

Hope this helps...

Miles

Edited by Miles
Social source share

100% Pure Poison - You Keep Coming Back.

Price please?

Think it only got released on UK EMI.

But reissued recently on Soul Brother records.

The Soul Brother reissue looks & plays like a press - is it?

Cheers

Col.

link

Hi Col

Legal reissue I think. Here's the details:

ONE HUNDRED % PURE POISON EMI INTERNATIONAL 501 YOU KEEP COMING BACK / I LOVE YOU Released 20/09/1974 £75 £50 last 2 prices i've seen for issues. UK only 45.

ONE HUNDRED % PURE POISON SOUL BROTHER 7002 YOU KEEP COMING BACK / WINDY C Released 2001 £10

Edited by sitc01
Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

here you are Colin scan of my one on soul brother records [looks and plays perfect] and something else you've been looking for" i think

post-2246-1125088988_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1125089065_thumb.jpg

Social source share

here you are Colin scan of my one on soul brother records [looks and plays perfect] and something else you've been looking for" i think

link

Can't figure out why Soulsmith thinks the Soul Bro' reissue 7" looks and sounds like a press(ing/boot?), but anway, to clear it up, it was 100% licensed, as was the LP reissue. Sounded and still sounds fine to my ears (in terms of sound quality).

Now, if you want to get into cloudy Danny Leake produced vinyl records questions, what about David Rhodes on Chi-City... :thumbsup:

Social source share

This throws up an interesting subject.

Unfortunately, the amount of boots around at the moment put LEGIT releases like Soul Brother, Expansion and Grapevine in to doubt in some peoples minds. Lots of stuff around is absolutely 100% legal and it's not that difficult to work out which ones. The Soul Brother release of 100% Pure Poison is not a pressing- why would it be?

David Rhodes ? Well given that it was never released on anything but the Chi-City 45....is it legit ? And if not why not ? :thumbsup:

Social source share

This throws up an interesting subject.

Unfortunately, the amount of boots around at the moment put LEGIT releases like Soul Brother, Expansion and Grapevine in to doubt in some peoples minds. Lots of stuff around is absolutely 100% legal and it's not that difficult to work out which ones. The Soul Brother release of 100% Pure Poison is not a pressing- why would it be?

David Rhodes ? Well given that it was never released on anything but the Chi-City  45....is it legit ? And if not why not ? :thumbsup:

link

About 15+ years ago my mate Nige Parker bought a Pye studio acetate (Pye UK, solid centre) of Richard Searling, i seem to remember. I'm sure the PYE bit was printed on the label and David Rhodes was writen on the label in biro. When Nige sold up it went to Carl Fortnum who then bought a vinyl copy of Pat Brady (Chi-City) for about £130, and then then let the 'original' acetate go to John Manship (?) About 5 years ago JM had a copy on his list for £15, but refused to sell it to me because it was 'a Levine job' and if I didn't believe it I should check out the B side, as it was a typical Levine instrumental (something Lakeside??) Despite whether you love or hate Ovenchip, I'm sure he's never knowingly sold a boot, so I left it that

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hi Col

Around the £40 mark is a fair price I'd say. As far as I am aware it is a UK only 45 release. The lp which the said track is from 'Coming right at you' was re-released by Soul Brother but wasn't aware of a re-release of the 45...

Hope this helps...

Miles

link

Spookily enough Piles I saw this on a recent list at £100 :D:D:D yes i know outrageous!!! You are probably not too far out on your valuation i reckon :thumbsup:

Jonathon O'Trout

Social source share

About 15+ years ago my mate Nige Parker bought  a Pye studio acetate (Pye UK, solid centre) of Richard Searling, i seem to remember. I'm sure the PYE bit was printed on the label and David Rhodes was writen on the label in biro. When Nige sold up it went to Carl Fortnum who then bought a vinyl copy of Pat Brady (Chi-City) for about £130, and then then let the 'original' acetate go to John  Manship (?) About 5 years ago JM had a copy on his list for £15, but refused to sell it to me because it was 'a Levine job' and if I didn't believe it I should check out the B side, as it was a typical Levine instrumental (something Lakeside??) Despite whether you love or hate Ovenchip, I'm sure he's never knowingly sold a boot, so I left it that

link

Interesting story.

So IF the Ch-City 45 is a Levine generated release (The Pye acetate is more than likely a UK thing. But the Ch-City 45's apparently came from Danny Leake who produced it? ) does that make it a "boot"? Levine's connections with both Danny Leake and Pye from the mid 70's are very strong as he worked with them both.

The question then comes up- under what criteria is anything a "boot" ? ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Put a want up for an EMI copy months ago and heard nuffin. Anyone with a spare at a REASONABLE price drop us a line :thumbsup:

link

DANNY LEAKE, ?? MANSHIPS AUCTION :thumbsup:

Social source share

Gloater!

You don't even like it! :thumbsup:

link

[/qu

:wicked: You're right there Finsy,I am something of a gloater! Seriously though I do want to sell so anyone interested please feel free to pm me with any offers.

Social source share

Can't figure out why Soulsmith thinks the Soul Bro' reissue 7" looks and sounds like a press(ing/boot?),

link

Just noticed above. And since you ask:

1. Label print is 1 colour & looks like it was created with letraset.

2. Production sounds flat.

Col.

Both copies also turned up warped. But I didn't buy them from Soul Bros, so I'm not moaning about them. In fact I'm not even moaning.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert