How Much Are These Two Worth?

Hi there,

Please can you help with prices for the two records below, many thanks in advance :thumbsup:

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG - LADIES MAN - CELTEX ( NEXT BIG DADDY ROGERS ONLY BETTER IMHO)

DOTY ROY - YOU GOT MY BOY - PIC 1

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mighty Joe Young in my database at £20.  In Tim B guide at 25, hope thats some use.

Doty Roy can't help right now I'm afraid.

link

Cheers Chalky hope your keeping well mate :rolleyes:

Give my regards to Mr Dyson next time you see him

Andy Mann

Social source share

Hi there,

Please can you help with prices for the two records below, many thanks in advance :rolleyes:

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG - LADIES MAN - CELTEX ( NEXT BIG DADDY ROGERS ONLY BETTER IMHO)

DOTY ROY - YOU GOT MY BOY - PIC 1

link

Mighty Joe Young is a fantastic record, always rated this, I think Chalky is right with his price guide, however given some turntable action who knows??? Big Daddy Rogers was once a £15.00 record and i agree MJY is very my in that style and is a quality tune.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Mighty Joe Young is a fantastic record, always rated this, I think Chalky is right with his price guide, however given some turntable action who knows??? Big Daddy Rogers was once a £15.00 record and i agree MJY is very my in that style and is a quality tune.

Mark Bicknell.

link

Thanks Mark,

Totally agree mate will go one day.

cheers

Andy

Social source share

could have sold my copy of "Ladies Man" five times over...

Rarer than Big Daddy Rogers, I.M.H.O.

Reckon it would be at least a  £50 touch nowadays.

link

Thinking about it 'Pikeys Dog' i've seen more BDR than MJY out there so i reckon your value could be about right or shall we say somewhere between Chalky's and yours, given a few spins out and about this record would take off i'm sure.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Secured my copy of Mighty Joe Young - Ladies Mann off Gemm for $10 from some very helpful American lady.

During communication she mentioned that all her remaining six copies were sold around the same time and thought it strange. Is this a coincidence following Drew's post and did anyone else jump on these ? Is there now a world shortage of MJY's for sale.

It is truely a great record, can't stop playing it. Then again that ex Romford pat Andy Mann always had impeccable taste.

Pat

Social source share

Secured my copy of Mighty Joe Young - Ladies Mann off Gemm for $10 from some very helpful American lady.

During communication she mentioned that all her remaining six copies were sold around the same time and thought it strange. Is this a coincidence following Drew's post and did anyone else jump on these ? Is there now a world shortage of MJY's for sale.

It is truely a great record, can't stop playing it. Then again that ex Romford pat Andy Mann always had impeccable taste.

Pat

Well he certainly had enough taste to leave Romford :thumbsup:

Derek

Social source share

Pat

i think we both bought from the same lady. when i asked she had nine copies , said there was a pressing plant fault and did i still want it. so i told her yes ,when it came she sent me another copy free .

lucky me. will sell the spare when the price goes up i reckon.

rupert.

Social source share

Well he certainly had enough taste to leave Romford :thumbsup:

Derek

Nice one Derek, the Essex boy has done good, still love Romford though mate, with its ancient market and village green and lovely river and swans etc,oops must have just smoked one of carols fags

wacko.gif

Take care mate

Andy

Social source share

Pat

Nice one Pat, think i still have a ear for a good tune

:thumbsup:

Soulfully yours

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!