2011-04-24: Crossfire Allnighter London Sun 24/4

Event Title: CROSSFIRE ALLNIGHTER LONDON SUN 24/4

Event Author: docrobert

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sun 24 April 2011

-------------------------------------------------

On bank holiday Sunday 24 April London's most anticipated club date Crossfire has another action packed evening of entertainment planned for you at our superb Central London home. Doors open 11pm seven hours of musical perfection from 15 top DJ's across three rooms so don't forget your dancing shoes. Cheers Rob

Tickets www.229thevenue.co.uk

Bank holiday Sunday 24 April

Crossfire London Oldies Allnighter @ 229 The Venue W1W 5PN

DJ's Mick Smith + Ady Croasdell (100 club), Irish Greg (Capitol Soul), Chris Dale (Scenesville) and Jo Wallave (These Old Shoes) + R&B/Club Soul Room DJ's Steve Cato, Jim Cox, Roger Banks, Alan Handscome & Rob Bailey + Psych room

l_edd89049dd204019ab5f53eb21542710.jpg

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guest vinylvixen

Hi Mark,

There's a group on there up to 10.45 and then we take over at 11 all records unless Jo starts singing. We're hiring a dedicated extra bouncer to stop people taking drinks on to the floor and to mop up after if there are any spillages.

Cheers

Ady

Blimey - I've only JUST got my voice back after Baltic Soul....you lucky people :thumbsup: Can't wait either - gonna be a big thing :lol: See you there xx

Don't forget we've got a dedicated drinks bouncer to stop people taking them on the floor and to mop up in case of accidents so tell them or me if there's a problem

Ady

Ady, you have now put a picture in my head of a whiskey and a martini kicking off with the "drinks bouncer" trying to break it up!!!

Unfortunately, Mick Smith has had to drop out at a late hour, he sends his apologies. However we have secured the services of Batman with the big box and the Forest "get out of jail" cape. He has incredibly kindly nominated to drive down to the Smoke to fill in with his terrific sounds at very short notice. Buy the man a drink, I'm going to; hopefully Ian or another East Mids cohort will be behind the wheel.

Ady

That was another Xfire corker.

Special thanks to Mick H who filled in for Mick Smith at a few hours notice, bombed it down from the Mars with his personal manager and delivered two top quality all nighter sets right on the money. Not only was he the penultimate DJ ensuring a late finish and no beauty sleep, he stayed the final half hour because he was loving it. REEEEEEEEEEEEEspec'

All the DJs did the business and represented the different eras of London's soul scene, the crowd was young and enthusiastic, even the old ones laugh.gif

We were half an hour late kicking off which was a pain and the floor could have been better but the complete talc stock of the 24/7 opposite soon put that to rights and the drinks bouncer did his job well.

Thanks to those who made it, the next one is Oct 23rd.

Ta

Ady

Source Advert