The Long Soulful Good Friday All-Dayer In Luxury Marquee

SOULVATION PRESENTS ...

EASTER BANK HOLIDAY FRIDAY APRIL 22 - 3PM TILL 2AM

VINCE GARCIA OF DRIZABONE (PRESSURE - REAL LOVE) WELCOMES YOU TO A VERY SPECIAL EASTER EGGS-TRAVAGANZA OF THE VERY BEST IN NOTHERN/RARE SOUL IN A LUXURY MARQUEE AT HIS BEAUTIFUL 18TH CENTURY COACHING HOUSE.

"THE LONG SOULFUL GOOD FRIDAY"

stirring up some soul in the marquee with MICK H, ARTHUR FENN, PETE LYSTER, GINGER TAYLOR, NIGE BROWN, BOB HINSLEY, NEIL RUSHTON, and STEVE GAINEY & in separate room HULL SOUL CLUB COLLECTIVE

COMPLIMENTARY DRINK ON ARRIVAL AND FREE BAR-B-Q

THE SOUL KANDI SOUND SYSTEM - LUXURY MARQUEE

FREE TRANSPORT BETWEEN VENUE AND LOCAL HOTELS

ADMISSION £10 PAY ON THE DOOR OR ORDER IN ADVANCE ON LINE FROM

www.soulvation.biz

(GET ON THE M62 TOWARDS HULL AND TURN OFF AT SOUTH CAVE SIGN, 12 MILES BEFORE HULL)

FOR INFO GO TO - WWW.SOULVATION.BIZ

All The Best,

Neil

Edited by NeilRushton1
  • Replies 26
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Getting my cloth cap out and dusting off the ferret for the trip North on Thursday ; I promise to bring some South Western style sunny weather with me too for all you sunstarved northerners.

Can you get decent cider up there yet or do I have to bring my own? And is Mr. Gainey supplying the ice ??

Very much looking forward to the d-j line up too, well done Neil, looks like this is going to be the start of something. Sounds a fabulous venue, just let me at that b-b-q.

See you all at the end of the week.

pete lyster

Edited by ricticman

Vinny is a great host as anyone who attended our Pressure All-Dayer on Jan 2 will confirm.

The marquee is a proper luxury jobbie - the only reason we have managed to pull this off is that on the Saturday it's hosting the final of the Fox Factor talent show (!!!) where Vinny turns into a more genial Simon Cowell. 250 tickets already sold for the final already by the way, and loads of Tamla Motown red and white demos being played for the black tie and posh gowned locals when "the disco" takes over and if I'm still standing..

But back to Friday - Vinny does not stint on the extras and there's a nice complimentary drink waiting for you when you arrive, and the free Bar-B-Q A Go Go is fab.

South Cave a great location and this is the perfect start for Easter.

Am really thrilled with the DJ LIne Up. Thanks to all the chaps for agreeing to play the vinyl and the styrene, especially to Pete Lyster for making the long trek from Somerset. (And yes Pete, they do serve cider in the pub).

Would like to also thank Roger Banks for all the hard work he has done plugging the event. It's all about him learning to ride horses in a nearby village when he was kid, and if you think that's surreal then you don't know Roger. He will be doing a record bar by the way.

The after party when they chuck us out the marquee and put us in the pub could well be (sorry make that will be) a late one.

We will also have our Pressure Part 2 Modern Soul All-Dayer in the marquee on Sunday. One of the PA's will be Westcoast Soulstars who are getting Nothern venue spins wth their debut single "Show Me Love". They will also be performing for the first time anywhere their forthcoming single "Soul Redemption".

Wow this sounds brilliant really excited about this event , returning back to sunny hull (might even pop into Hornsea sat mornng )

Line up is awesome .... Will I manage to catch Anthony & the Delsonics ...this time ? paaaaaaaaaalease play it again Mick , friday night please . And M is coming with the boy ...is Cathy coming Pete? ... oh this could be such a treat.

Carms

x

We're struggling to get doggie sitters for this one Carms, given we've booked them up already for 2 weekenders in May already as well

More likely to be just me this time - [ if not exactly billy-no-mates, more like billy-no-wife ]. Still sweating on whether they can rearrange things and fit us in though.

But looking forward to seeing you both, come what may .

pete

No need, just been told veggie burgers will be on offer at the Bar-B-Q.

No doubt Mr Banks will be asking the people serving them if they know Wendy Rene. I'm just hoping Roger doesn't t try to relive his youth and goes off looking for a horse to ride in the area (it's a long story. Suffice to say when I heard him say to Marie at Prestatyn: "Do you think we could have riden the same horse when we were kids if we were going there at the same time?" it was time to move on to another record bar!

Guest ruppy

Randell & Hopkirk will be there early doors for this special good Friday bonanza

Carms sorted,M saving her legs for Neil ,s Weekender a week later

Till Friday

B Good

Mick H

Edited by ruppy

DJ Timetable

Marquee (rear of Fox & Coney)

3pm - Roger Banks

4pm - Pete Lyster

5pm - Steve Gainey

6pm - Ginger Taylor

7pm - Bob Hinsley

8pm - Nige Brown

9pm - Mick H

10pm - Pete Lyster

11pm - Arthur Fenn

Midnight till 1am - Roger Banks

The Bear (opposite Fox & Coney)

8pm till 1am - Hull Soul Club Collective - Oxo, Darryl, Evo, Gilly, Steve Gainey

Fox & Coney Indoors

1am till ????

After party. - Neil Rushton, Pete Lyster, Mick H, Steve Gainey

Guest karen b

You can reach us by M62

it's not far for you,

we don't care how you get here

just get here if you can!!!!!

Jen banks waxing very lyrically with

Karen maria and Carms xxx

come soon nearly too pixxed to stand/dance

XXXXXXXX