Metrodome Queens Ground Barnsley S70 1An Northern Soul And Motown Back To Basic's Night

Northern Soul and Motown Night youth club night

Barnsley Metrodome

Queens Ground

Barnsley

S71 1AN

Sunday 1st May 2011

Large secure parking with cctv monitoring, Massive dance floor, A sound system to blow your mind, venue accommodating 1,000 plus. Late bar, record dealers welcome, but please book beforehand so that we can accommodate. No entry after 10.30pm

Guest DJ's Barnsley finest : Derek Greenhoff, Eddie , John Hodgeson, and Special Guest from the Hunstanton Weekender Club classic room Jamie Trundell

Want to visit the fountain of youth? come and join us, and lets take you back to the days when you could do back drops and listen to stone love , baby love, and many more when it all started for us saga soulies lol . Just something different as we have two events following each other ,

Love to see you all there.

Resident DJ's Yocky , Nel , and Alex Simms

Starting at 7.00pm untill 2.00am, £5.00 on the door 7 Hours of pure Northern Soul over 2 rooms

Please feel free to contact us on

Yocky 07956 666962

Nel 07930 603456

Joy 07939 575692

We hope you all enjoy. Looking forward to seeing you all there

KTF

Alex, Heather , Nel, Jean, Yocky and Jx

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

2 metrodomes in just a week think im dreaming bloody fantastic

Well thats the first one over and what a night now looking forward to next sunday and our back to basics night were we will try and bring back the sounds we all listened to back at the youth clubs and our first under age soul clubs LOL all the dj's are chomping at the bit John from the civic rooms in the 60's and 70's Eddie Rache from just about every where in Barnsley Derek i dont need no intruduction Greenhoff Port Cullis Londoner and the Hub and Finnaly Jamie Trundle from the Hunstanton weekender club soul room all thrown together with youngster of the team yocky hopefully playing a few tunes from the Barnsley Boys club in the early 70's We hope you can all come along and enjoy a soul night with a bit different approach leaving ego's behind to listen to a few tunes we dont hear every week at soul nights and you just might say Bloody hell ive not heard this in a long time and dance to it too see you all on sunday yocky and joy and the Metrodome soul crew KTF

Guest smudgesmith

Yokster can I ask for a few requests please?

1. Boogaloo Party
  2. Black is Black
  3. Theres no stopping us now
  4. Apples peaches pumpkin pie
  5. Way over there
  6. In the midnight hour
  7. Cant turn you loose
  8. 1 2 3
  9. Rock your baby
  10. Miss Grace
  11. Cant satisfy
  12. Feel the need in me
  13. A man like me
  14. She blew a good thing
  15. Im gonna run away from you
  16. Just walk in my shoes
  17. Be young be foolish
  18. Hey girl dont bother me
  19. Aint too proud to beg
  20. heaven must have sent you
  21. One way out

Yokster can I ask for a few requests please?

1. Boogaloo Party
  2. Black is Black
  3. Theres no stopping us now
  4. Apples peaches pumpkin pie
  5. Way over there
  6. In the midnight hour
  7. Cant turn you loose
  8. 1 2 3
  9. Rock your baby
  10. Miss Grace
  11. Cant satisfy
  12. Feel the need in me
  13. A man like me
  14. She blew a good thing
  15. Im gonna run away from you
  16. Just walk in my shoes
  17. Be young be foolish
  18. Hey girl dont bother me
  19. Aint too proud to beg
  20. heaven must have sent you
  21. One way out
Smudge you can have the lot pal and guess wot everyone will be a original LOL exept the poets that will be on a barnsley demo LOL LOL catch you later atb yocky

Guest belly chest

o.k. then, come on, lets get to it. ive seen the sample playlist smudge has suggested and "personnaly" i carnt wait............ round 2 !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by belly chest

A war of attrition need not ensue. Yocky is a clever lad, he's from Barnsley for Christ sake. He will take on board all comments be they positive or not and deal with them with dignity and honesty. We've all been friends for too long to let a little difference of opinion come between us.

Love and respect to Joy and Yocky

Texas XXX

Guest elnel

JUST ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE RECOVERY PROSES NOW FROM SUNDAY GONE SO RARING TO GO FOR THIS SUNDAY ,CAN I JUST PUT MY TWO PENATH IN AS REGARDS YOUTH CLUB STUFF AS PEOPLE ARE CALLING IT ,I THINK THE REASON FOR THE RESURGENCE IN NORTHERN SOUL IS DOWN TO THE FACT OUR AGE GROUP HAVE RAISED THERE KIDS NOW AND REGAINED THERE LIBBERTY SO TO SPEAK AND THESE PEOPLE WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED AND THE YOUTH CLUB IS WERE IT ALL BEGAN FOR THEM ,AND EVERYONE HAS AS MUCH RIGHT TO ENTERTAINMENT , SO LONG LIVE THE YOUTH CLUB ,ALLONG WITH EVERY OTHER BRANCH OF NORTHERN SOUL AND EVERY OTHER MUSICAL GENDER REGARDS AND RESPECT TO EVERYONE ,NELXXhatsoff2.gif

Couldn't make Sunday as I was DJing at a Ska Festival in London but Carol and I will be there this Sunday for some classic tuneage.

Gordy

Hey up Gordy long time no see hope you enjoyed London and look forward to seeing you sunday for like you say some classic tuneage a bit of fun and hopefully bring back some memories just to let you know i am on radio sheffield tonight 8 till 9 pm 104.1 fm if you fancy a listen see you sunday yocky Edited by soulcrew

Everything going great for Sunday. Burger King and The Hotdog men will be there live outside for some scooby snacks as and when required. After last nights guest apperance on Steve Whites Northern Soul night with Yocky last night the phone text and emails have gone nutty. Me thinks it's going to be a great night . It will be chocks away and lets be 16 again. Jx :yes: :yes: :D :D :D

Guest elnel

friday night blackpool with the chewing gum boys sat dunt know wot yet but deffo sumat then sunday 15yr old again wich i cant wait for cos i had luvly hair and all my teeth ,yaaaaahooooo back to the youthy hatsoff2.gif

Hi Bri

Great to see you and Angie last night at therapy. Always great to see you at the Metrodome. The Chewing Gum Boyz have just set off for Blackpool for tonight (think there is something going to happen but not quite sure. Elnel in charge of that department !!!!. See you all Sunday. Jx

unable to come,wife taken ill,have a great night

Alan you will be missed tommorow you and toshh and the girls have not missed many tell your lass to take care and we are thinking about her and we will see you soon atb yocky joy and the metrodome crew ktf

Malc will be great to see you tomoz, your always welcome. We have the Marque up again tomorrow always fab when that is up. Team Tarn we will be setting up at 11 am please everyone if you are available. See you all tomoz soulpeeps . Have a great night tonight where ever you are. Jx

Guest belly chest

JUST GETTING READY TO GO GET THE "PANTRY MONSTER" AND SET UP THE METRODOME READY FOR TONIGHT

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE AS ITS SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND AS THEY SAY "A CHANGE IS AS GOOD AS A REST" THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE FUN

BRING IT ON

Guest dazzzzler

JUST ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE RECOVERY PROSES NOW FROM SUNDAY GONE SO RARING TO GO FOR THIS SUNDAY ,CAN I JUST PUT MY TWO PENATH IN AS REGARDS YOUTH CLUB STUFF AS PEOPLE ARE CALLING IT ,I THINK THE REASON FOR THE RESURGENCE IN NORTHERN SOUL IS DOWN TO THE FACT OUR AGE GROUP HAVE RAISED THERE KIDS NOW AND REGAINED THERE LIBBERTY SO TO SPEAK AND THESE PEOPLE WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED AND THE YOUTH CLUB IS WERE IT ALL BEGAN FOR THEM ,AND EVERYONE HAS AS MUCH RIGHT TO ENTERTAINMENT , SO LONG LIVE THE YOUTH CLUB ,ALLONG WITH EVERY OTHER BRANCH OF NORTHERN SOUL AND EVERY OTHER MUSICAL GENDER REGARDS AND RESPECT TO EVERYONE ,NELXXhatsoff2.gif

i think its a breath of fresh air to hold a night like this ,think there will be a lot of smiling faces and more of a fun theme to it hope it gets the suport :lol: .be in bout 10.29.:thumbsup:

i think its a breath of fresh air to hold a night like this ,think there will be a lot of smiling faces and more of a fun theme to it hope it gets the suport :lol: .be in bout 10.29.:thumbsup:

10. 29 and 59 seconds knowing thee daz lol see you tonight pal yocky

Source Advert