Spirit Of The Embankment @the Ark Higham 29Th April

As someone who was one of those involved in helping organise this night . I was wondering wether i should/shouldnt ? start a thread , however decided I should as on the night I took a relatively behind the scene role, so could sit back and hopefully enjoy the night. When myself and Len first discussed holding this night we were unsure how it would go down ...could we create the true spirit of the embankment? would people be still interested etc? We wrestled with the idea for a while but decided to give it a shot and if we are honest right up to 7.30 when we opened the doors we still didnt have a clue.

However what unfolded on the night was much more than we could of hoped for, many regulars from the Embankment days showed along with the ever faithfull ARK regulars, which swelled numbers to around 160 and what ensued was a truely memorable night! The music the room atmoshphere seemed so reminiscent of the Embankment nights, not just my words this was echoed to many I spoke to on the night.

DJs Len , Carl Fortnum , Dave Vanner , Banbury boys Tom and Charlie worked thoughtfully to create the atmoshphere with music that flowed beautifully , so full credit should go to them all. Think the fact that all the djs seemed to really be enjoying themselves behind the decks reflected what a night it was.

Really dont want to sound conceited (honestly) but its nice when something you really hope gos well does, as so often you can be dissapointed.

Many thanks to all involved and all those that attended

:thumbsup:

Edited by gogopro
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What can I say but well done again chaps for ANOTHER great night at The Ark.. Bit special this one and I'm now even more gutted that I never knew about The Embankment nights until they were long gone.

Ah well, just great to have a sniff of what they were like and to hear more amazing records, clearly with much thought into what was played...A few I knew + lots I didn't and will never be able to afford or ever get my hands on anyway! Great.

Was indeed busy and just right in terms of numbers for the size of this great venue. Lovely to chat to some good people (including meeting Andy Luck for the first time...was great to meet you at last Andy!), also try and dance a fair bit, sort of anyway, then hobble back to the burrow with aching feet and a fuzzy head from one too many, reflecting on a top night with me best mate from Peterborough. His first night at The Ark and I know he'll be back for more this year, as I will.

Cheers and well done again!

Steve

hatsoff2.gif

The minute we walked into this venue, I liked it. It was a good size, brillant dancefloor, easy assessible bar and plenty of seating for those who wanted it. Tom and I popped the record boxes behind the decks and got a drink. We could tell by the number of people coming through the doors early it was going to be a good night with plenty of atmosphere. Then you worry, have we bought the right records? :thumbsup: No worries there, the crowd on the night danced to everything. We both really enjoyed our spot 9.00 - 10.00. It was great to catch up with a lot of old friends from The Enbankment Club days. Thanks to Len and Nina for the 'pre-do' drinks. I'll certainly be back and I'm sure the others will be as well! Ps - thanks to Tabs for getting us there and back. (Not long to Cleethorpes mate, none us will have to drive).:thumbsup:

Keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

(next Banbury Soul Club Saturday 7th May Freemason's Hall, Banbury. Guest DJ Dave Rimmer)

Guest AndyL

Yes to echo what steve said it was a great night socially and musically Really glad for Len and Nina that it went really well !!!!!

Also a big well done to Jem who has really created some special nights at the Ark with his Theme nights. Great to meet you Steve a breath of fressh air for soul in Northants . Its so good that new and younger people are starting to attend this venue and others in the area.

Well done to every single Dj who really got the atmosphere just right.

Highlights of the night for me were Lens Just because c/u, his wonderful Brenda and the Believers track., Daves Carl Flood track and Carls the wonderfully rare Billy Woods - Let me make you happy.

Great tuneage all night

Andy

Source Advert