Guidance Please - Prince Ella & Sidney Jones

Baby I Got To Cut You Loose / Baby Sugar I Love You - Prince P-711 yellow moulded label, no stamps in run out (except 'Mick Webb' scratched in there - he always bloody well did that!!)

Pressing or original? Indicative value? Thanks dudes.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

They booted this????

Was this ever a big record? I found it in the early 70's and it sounded way too raw to work back then. When and where was it big? I'm wondering if I sold it to Guy.............

Ian D :lol:

To my memory 'Baby Sugar I Love You' was the bigger played side it he mid 70s, perhaps 76/77. Dropped from most sets when it was booted I think. Regarding where, I think it was in sets at lots of nighters at the time, but can't be sure enough to quote specifics. Can be specific though about the Nottingham Palais all-dayers around this time, definitely a regular dance floor filler there. I don't recall Cut You Loose getting many plays until a revisited interest later, but can't be sure on that.

Dean

Social source share

They booted this????

Was this ever a big record? I found it in the early 70's and it sounded way too raw to work back then. When and where was it big? I'm wondering if I sold it to Guy.............

Ian D :lol:

Yes it was sort of, probbly Guy played it at Stafford or some such.

Prince Ella And Sidney Jones - Baby I Got To Cut You Loose - Prince

Social source share

Yes it was sort of, probbly Guy played it at Stafford or some such.

Prince Ella And Sidney Jones - Baby I Got To Cut You Loose - Prince

I think it was booted pre-Stafford, so by that thinking would have been big before that. There were some strange boots cut in the mid 70s though - remember boots of Halos - Do I, you can pick up demo or issue on John Manship today for £30. At least this remained rare, think pink ones go for £300

Social source share

I think it was booted pre-Stafford, so by that thinking would have been big before that. There were some strange boots cut in the mid 70s though - remember boots of Halos - Do I, you can pick up demo or issue on John Manship today for £30. At least this remained rare, think pink ones go for £300

yep defo booted pre-stafford, had one around 77/78 not sure why coz i hated it still do although flip dos sound ok now :yes:

Social source share

yep defo booted pre-stafford, had one around 77/78 not sure why coz i hated it still do although flip dos sound ok now :yes:

It was reviewed in Blacj Echoes, played a week later at Wigan, just the one week from what I can remember, and bootlegged the following week, the (better) B side was never played at that time which was surprising. I think it was originally an East Coast spin as Ian says, Soul Sam had it.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert