Farnborough Town 4Th Anniversary

well what can i say about last night?....14th may.....after setting up mid afternoon it was home to get changed and fed before picking up

chris,kerry,danny,mandy,bob and ann in the soul bus...if the night was gonna be as packed as the transport id be a happy man....boxes and boxes

of tunes to ensure a great night was to be had by all

upon arriving at the venue we put the finnishing touches to the room and had the final sound check and i decided to start my set

it wasnt long before ppl started to arrive and things were looking promising....derek mead who runs bisley soul nites and bob

snow who runs to the loo at least twice during the early hours of the morning were the guests for this 4th anniversay event

my set seemed to come and go very quickly even though i had just over 2 hours and was followed by mischief who,s infectious

djing style can set any room alight..paul played a great mix of classics and underplayed toons and had me looking over his

shoulder on more than one occasion...hosts danny north and chris thorley took over for the first of two sets and kept on where mischief

left off...plenty of dancefloor action and even more banter with the ever increasing crowd

first guest was bob snow aka wagner lookalike and although he does bare a striking resemblence to the man he has far more talent

and a better record collection and pulled out some great tunes from his playbox....not all greatfully recieved but very much

enjoyed by myself....at one stage he was even signing an autograph for smiley dean and im sure it will eventually end up

on ebay

derek mead was next up and he needs no introduction...bisleys frontman and all round entertainer...well known for filling the

floor at the nightshift event....derek was frantically rummaging through his playbox trying to remember what had and hadnt

been played..as is usually the case he didnt let himself down and the large crowd of around 150 were fighting for space on the

dancefloor...and those that couldnt find a space used the carpet

danny and chris played out the last hour playing a mixture of classics and whatever the floor wanted...and come 1am lots still

didnt want to go home....after spending what seemed an eternity saying goodbyes and the like it was time to drop the gang of

at chris and kerrys and make my way home and straight on to ebay to look for a cpl of tunes id heard during the night

all in all a superb night and always nice to see new faces and old ones return with ppl coming from surrey,dorset,sussex,london,hants,berks and wiltshire

kent all it seemed having a great time...also nice to see members of the A5 scooter club attend and not just dancing to the tunes

they knew

well done to chris and danny for continuing the tradition of great nights at farnborough and im already looking fwd to the next one

where des parker is the special guest....10th sept being the date

playlist pics and you tube to follow

regards moldie

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

my plays from the night...no order all original vinyl

real thing...stone cold love affair

gq...make my dreams a reality

fabulous peps...my love looks good on you

de vons...someone to treat me

darrow fletcher...what good am i without you

rozetta johnson...mine was real

garfield green...girl i love you

uniques...ill do anything

sebastien williams....the one you cant have

ojays...to prove i love you

carl carlton...i can feel it

eddie billups...shake off that dream

vivian reed...save your love for me

dynells...call on me

wade flemmons...that other place

bill johnson...it aint never gonna die

joyce kennedy...im a good girl

buddy ace...true love money cant buy

tommie young...thats all a part of loving him

ray scott...right now

freddie scott...ill be gone...request by someone who heard me play it at sussex soul club last week

betty lavette...i feel good

chantells...indian giver

gladys tyler...little bitty girl

henry richardson...dancing girl

david coleman...drown my heart

johnnie taylor...blues in the night

innersection...im in debt to you

ultimate...girl i been trying to tell you

arabians...please take a chance on me

randy brown...always in the mood

jackie wilson...it only happens

volumes...that same old feeling

ceasers...girl i love you

tj williams...baby i need you

ann sexton...youve been gone to long

carol anderson...sad girl

jimmy fraser..of hopes dreams tombstones

bill bush...im waiting

charles sheffield...its your voodoo working

think thats all

regards moldie

Edited by Guest

Made the journey up the M3 to Farnborough for the 1st time in ages.Walked straight into Bob Snow had a quick chat then paid my money to Mandy.

Moldie was dj'ing at the time playing an across the board selection.Next up was Mischief who always plays something a little different than the norm.

Chris and Danny kept the floor busy with plenty of classics.

Good to meet up with the boys from Swindon,Gary,Simon & Dave(who i've not seen in years).

Plenty of old faces and new ones to make up a very healthy crowd.

Catch up soon guys :lol::yes:

Hey everyone

i just wanted to say what a crackin night it was on Saturday, a full house, lots of regulars but also good to see a lot of new faces as well. A great way to mark the 4th Anniversary and some great tunes played by Mick, Mischief, Danny, Chris & Derek, something to cater for everyones taste.:lol: Thanks to Chris & Danny for asking me to play some tunes. i really enjoyed it. I think i played a few which were new to some people but i hope they enjoyed them anyway. Just want to thank Kerry & Chris for putting me & Ann up for the night, had a great laugh as usual with both of you and Danny & Mandy as well. Mandy i hope you are feeling a bit better today mate. It must have been something you had eaten :yes:

Thanks to Mick for taking us back in our drunken stupor and for helping set it up and clear up the following morning. It was good to catch up with everyone, too many to mention, i tried to get round to speak to as many people as i could, if i missed having a chat sorry, hope to catch up next time.

Smiley Dean, i still owe you a pack of fag papers mate, sort you out next time i see you.

Anyway here are the tunes i played, no particular order, might have a missed a few as well but hey ho.

Bobby Bland - Shoes - Duke (Request for Fiona & her dancers)

Eddie Spencer - If this is love - Arc

Shirley Lawson - One more chance - UK Soul City

Celeste Hardie - You're gone - Reynolds

Baby Huey & the Baby Sitters - Just being careful - Shann

Willie & the Mighty Magnificents - Check it baby - All Platinum

The Cashmeres - Showstopper - HEM

Youngblood Smith - You can split - Verve demo

Calvin Grayson - Love just begun - IN

The Greater Experience - Don't forget to remember - Colony 13

Jimmy Mack - My world is on fire - Palmer Demo

Lou Johnson - Unsatisfied - Big Top

The Adorables - Ooh Boy - Golden World

Billy Thompson - Black eyed girl - Wand Demo

The Hytones - Bigger & Better - A-Bet

The Masqueraders - You got the power - La Beat

Bobby Kline - Say something NIce to me - MB Records

The Parisians - Twinkle little star - Demon Hot (Request)

The Volumes - The trouble i've seen - Impact Demo

The Harvey Averne Dozen - Never learned to dance - Uptite Demo

Cody Black - I'm slowly Moulding - King Demo

I think i also played Little Tommy - Baby Can't you see - Sound of Soul. It was in the wrong sleeve when i sorted out my box, so it's more than likely i did. (Too much Bud I think.)

Thanks again for a great night and look forward to seeing everyone out and about.

All the best

Bob

Looks like a top night guys. Good luck on your anniversary. I'll have to make it down again soon. Cheers Warren

it was a very enjoyable night warren..be great to see you down this way again soon

atb moldie

Made the journey up the M3 to Farnborough for the 1st time in ages.

ALWAYS NICE TO SEE YOU DAVE

Walked straight into Bob Snow had a quick chat then paid my money to Mandy.

WITH A FAKE FIVER :thumbsup:

Moldie was dj'ing at the time playing an across the board selection.

I RAN OUT OF TIME DAVE...HAD LOTS MORE TO PLAY

Next up was Mischief who always plays something a little different than the norm.

TOTALLY AGREE DAVE BUT ALWAYS SEEMS TO KEEP THE FLOOR BUSY

Chris and Danny kept the floor busy with plenty of classics.

THE DYNAMIC DUO DID A GREAT JOB

Good to meet up with the boys from Swindon,Gary,Simon & Dave(who i've not seen in years).

HOPE THEY ENJOYED THERE FIRST VISIT

Plenty of old faces and new ones to make up a very healthy crowd.

HERE HERE

Catch up soon guys :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

ATB MOLDIE

Hey everyone

i just wanted to say what a crackin night it was on Saturday, a full house, lots of regulars but also good to see a lot of new faces as well. A great way to mark the 4th Anniversary and some great tunes played by Mick, Mischief, Danny, Chris & Derek, something to cater for everyones taste.:thumbsup: Thanks to Chris & Danny for asking me to play some tunes. i really enjoyed it. I think i played a few which were new to some people but i hope they enjoyed them anyway. Just want to thank Kerry & Chris for putting me & Ann up for the night, had a great laugh as usual with both of you and Danny & Mandy as well. Mandy i hope you are feeling a bit better today mate. It must have been something you had eaten :hatsoff2:

Thanks to Mick for taking us back in our drunken stupor and for helping set it up and clear up the following morning. It was good to catch up with everyone, too many to mention, i tried to get round to speak to as many people as i could, if i missed having a chat sorry, hope to catch up next time.

Smiley Dean, i still owe you a pack of fag papers mate, sort you out next time i see you.

Anyway here are the tunes i played, no particular order, might have a missed a few as well but hey ho.

Bobby Bland - Shoes - Duke (Request for Fiona & her dancers)

Eddie Spencer - If this is love - Arc

Shirley Lawson - One more chance - UK Soul City

Celeste Hardie - You're gone - Reynolds

Baby Huey & the Baby Sitters - Just being careful - Shann

Willie & the Mighty Magnificents - Check it baby - All Platinum

The Cashmeres - Showstopper - HEM

Youngblood Smith - You can split - Verve demo

Calvin Grayson - Love just begun - IN

The Greater Experience - Don't forget to remember - Colony 13

Jimmy Mack - My world is on fire - Palmer Demo

Lou Johnson - Unsatisfied - Big Top

The Adorables - Ooh Boy - Golden World

Billy Thompson - Black eyed girl - Wand Demo

The Hytones - Bigger & Better - A-Bet

The Masqueraders - You got the power - La Beat

Bobby Kline - Say something NIce to me - MB Records

The Parisians - Twinkle little star - Demon Hot (Request)

The Volumes - The trouble i've seen - Impact Demo

The Harvey Averne Dozen - Never learned to dance - Uptite Demo

Cody Black - I'm slowly Moulding - King Demo

I think i also played Little Tommy - Baby Can't you see - Sound of Soul. It was in the wrong sleeve when i sorted out my box, so it's more than likely i did. (Too much Bud I think.)

Thanks again for a great night and look forward to seeing everyone out and about.

All the best

Bob

NICE TUNES AS ALWAYS BOB....AND IF YOU DONT MAKE IT AS A DJ YOU COULD ALWAYS BE WAGNERS STUNT DOUBLE

REGARDS MOLDIE

PS...YOU DID PLAY LITTLE TOMMY

First visit from us here in Swindon and what a great time we had!!, congrats to Chris and Danny for organising a great night and well done all the dj's for playing some top tunes :thumbsup:

We'll be back :hatsoff2:

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE SWINDON POSSE...LUCKILY YOU ARRIVED AFTER MY SET ENDED LOLOLOL

ATB MOLDIE

Guest Mr TEA

Oh what a night , thanks to all those involved with this stupendous night (they just keep getting better)

Just want to say had a fantastic night, thanks Kerry & Chris for putting me up

Was suffering on the walk on Sunday though

See you somewhere soon

Terry

Oh what a night , thanks to all those involved with this stupendous night (they just keep getting better)

HERE HERE

Just want to say had a fantastic night, thanks Kerry & Chris for putting me up

Was suffering on the walk on Sunday though

See you somewhere soon

Terry

HI TERRY..GREAT TO SEE YOU AS ALWAYS

REGARDS MOLDIE

Now i know what to get you for xmas :thumbsup::thumbsup: A directors chair with your name on it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::shades:

NO PLZ DONT JULIE...THERES FAR TOO MANY PPL OUT THERE THAT WOULD LIKE TO PUT IT OVER MY HEAD yes.gif:lol:

MOLDIE

Well it would make an improvement Mick ,

Sorry guys for the late review , but here goes --------After the disappointing show by Stoke at Wembley ,a trip to the Farnborough soul night is just what the doctor ordered ---- AND THEY DIDN`T DISAPPOINT Me , TOP NIGHT , every D.J. played brilliant (unlike Stoke ) sets . great atmosphere great people ,the only downside was Chris Thorley pulling up next to my camper van in the morning , and waking me by sounding his horn ( ooeerr missus ) and singing the worst rendition of "Blue Moon " i`ve ever heard , mind you he is a part time (very) red .

Love Moldie`s video /pic`s especially the 19 on every surface he could ,so glad i didn`t wear a white t-shirt ( ref to Man-ure`s 19 lge` titles )

Top night cheered me up lads , cheers!

WiganBrian .

Source Advert