All Night Bar//Record Dealers Welcome

£10 OTD before 11.00pm £12 after

No admission after 1.00am

NEW 2 ROOM VENUE

THE SPYRE CLUB (formerly Rubyz)

101 West Hill Road, Bournemouth BH2 5EB

Info: 07840 898659

sallie@soulinthesouth.co.uk

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Event Title: SOUL IN THE SOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: salliejane

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 12 August 2011

-------------------------------------------------

SOUL IN THE SOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Friday 12th August 9pm til 6am

Spinning Rare, Underplayed,

Current Oldies & Funk Edged Soul

DES PARKER

JOHN WESTON

SEAN HAYDON

DAVE ABBOTT

PAT BLEASDALE

KILLA

DAVE RIMMER

LEON BROWN

TIM SMITHERS

BEARSY

NEW 2 ROOM VENUE

sallie@soulinthesouth.c

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

What a great line up you have Rod and Sallie. Ok this one in the diary. already spoken to des re a lift down to Sunny Bournemouth.

Is this the same venue as the last one? albeit under different name.

Regards

Mike

No, Ruby'z is an old church; used for Tranny nights. Jonnah used to have his soul nights there. Make sure the floor's polished as it was terrible the last few times we went there.

No, Ruby'z is an old church; used for Tranny nights. Jonnah used to have his soul nights there. Make sure the floor's polished as it was terrible the last few times we went there.

I THOUGHT IT WAS NIK MAKS OLD VENUE?

moldie

Guest rodw

We are really pleased that we now have a new 2 room venue for the Soul in the South Allnighter !!!

Our August Guests are JOHN WESTON, PAT BLEASDALE, KILLA, DAVE RIMMER, & LEON BROWN

alongside DES PARKER, SEAN HAYDON, DAVE ABBOTT, TIM SMITHERS & BEARSY from the last one

We are hoping for another great turn out from the Soulies in the South & beyond

Many thanks for all the support you have given us so far in our efforts to keep this Allnighter

on the South Coast

Sallie & Rod

SOUL IN THE SOUTH

I love that down stairs room & thought it really worked well as a Modern Room when Nick Mac did the Bank Holiday do's...........its a brill space.........hopefully home for this

Good luck

Best Russ

Gonna be even better this time Russ.....gonna be some brill tunes played in the down stairs room....really hope you can make it hun...xx

What a great line up you have Rod and Sallie. Ok this one in the diary. already spoken to des re a lift down to Sunny Bournemouth.

Is this the same venue as the last one? albeit under different name.

Regards

Mike

Really glad you can make it again Mike.

It's a new and bigger 2-room venue for us and is just around the corner from the old one, in West Hill Road. So should be very easy to find with plenty of car parking.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Guest Dave Mortimore

. From what I've been informed Russ, the lower floor is going to have a temporary dance floor put down to make it into a much better 2nd room. So you should see noticeable improvements from the last time around.

. As far as the main room above, I also believe from Sally that the floor will be improved. Possibly smoothing out a few ripples between some of the boards that occurred in a couple of areas.

. The one thing about the main room at this venue compared to the last (Bumbles with it's ups and downs, nooks and crannies), being a converted church, it is an open space, all on one level. Therefore it is brighter and more akin to a dance hall environment with a very high pitched ceiling and uninterrupted views across the room.

. I believe during the time Nik Mak ran soul nights there, that he managed to get 200 to 250 through the doors on both floors for the initial 2 or 3 events. They went swingingly well and I found that the nights had an easy going atmosphere. I always managed to find a chair or suitable place to perch myself to take in the music. There are two stairways at the front and the rear of the venue. So flitting between the floors isn't a problem, unless you run into one of those times when folk are caught up in conversation on the steps, as in the kitchen at parties.

. . The Spyre Club is 100 metres or so from the former venue Bumbles, not far from a car park (Free in the evenings - When I last used it for Rubyz) in Hannemann Road or Free Parking in Somerville Road and Marlborough Road.

. Here is a photograph (early doors) from the time it was Rubyz. As you can see it was somewhat brighter compared to Bumbles. You could say that the theatrical decoration gives the venue a unique flavour. It's been two or three years since, so the interior may have changed?

. Anyway, I hope this paints a picture in the minds of those who are considering the trip to this venue for the first time.

. Look Forward to seeing you there, Dave Mortimore

Edited by Dave Mortimore
  • 2 weeks later...

Train tickets booked , hotel booked ..

Looks like I'll be spending my birthday with you all ..

Pat I'm so looking forward to catching up with you again , it's been too long.

Bearsy will get my requests in ..

Thank you Sara for sorting the train & hotel , we'll have a great time ..

See you all in August if not before !!

Claire xxx

Claire xxx

Glad you can make it Claire. Look forward to celebrating your birthday with you. Shaping up to be a great nite of Soul on the South Coast. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by salliejane

Claire xxx

You're right Claire,Leeds, last year? Looking forward to seeing you also. A nice weekend away for your birthday.

Many thanks Sallie for the invite. Really looking forward to it. thumbsup.gif

. From what I've been informed Russ, the lower floor is going to have a temporary dance floor put down to make it into a much better 2nd room. So you should see noticeable improvements from the last time around.

. As far as the main room above, I also believe from Sally that the floor will be improved. Possibly smoothing out a few ripples between some of the boards that occurred in a couple of areas.

. The one thing about the main room at this venue compared to the last (Bumbles with it's ups and downs, nooks and crannies), being a converted church, it is an open space, all on one level. Therefore it is brighter and more akin to a dance hall environment with a very high pitched ceiling and uninterrupted views across the room.

. I believe during the time Nik Mak ran soul nights there, that he managed to get 200 to 250 through the doors on both floors for the initial 2 or 3 events. They went swingingly well and I found that the nights had an easy going atmosphere. I always managed to find a chair or suitable place to perch myself to take in the music. There are two stairways at the front and the rear of the venue. So flitting between the floors isn't a problem, unless you run into one of those times when folk are caught up in conversation on the steps, as in the kitchen at parties.

. . The Spyre Club is 100 metres or so from the former venue Bumbles, not far from a car park (Free in the evenings - When I last used it for Rubyz) in Hannemann Road or Free Parking in Somerville Road and Marlborough Road.

. Here is a photograph (early doors) from the time it was Rubyz. As you can see it was somewhat brighter compared to Bumbles. You could say that the theatrical decoration gives the venue a unique flavour. It's been two or three years since, so the interior may have changed?

. Anyway, I hope this paints a picture in the minds of those who are considering the trip to this venue for the first time.

. Look Forward to seeing you there, Dave Mortimore

I was a resident for Nik when the venue was Rubyz, knowing Sallie & Rod they will have done thier homework with the PA, but on at least one occasion when I was DJing the in house PA let him down badly....nothing that I'm sure Sal n Rod arnt on top of.

I loved the nooks & crannies in Bumbles, but I'm sure Rubyz or the Spyre Club as it is now will create its own atmosphere - out of interest where are the record dealers goin ?.

I might just manage to make this before heading back to the sand pit fingers crossed.

Russ

You're right Claire,Leeds, last year? Looking forward to seeing you also. A nice weekend away for your birthday.

Be a pleasure to see you in Bournemouth Pat...we're honoured to have you play some tunes....really looking forward to hearing your set.

I was a resident for Nik when the venue was Rubyz, knowing Sallie & Rod they will have done thier homework with the PA, but on at least one occasion when I was DJing the in house PA let him down badly....nothing that I'm sure Sal n Rod arnt on top of.

I loved the nooks & crannies in Bumbles, but I'm sure Rubyz or the Spyre Club as it is now will create its own atmosphere - out of interest where are the record dealers goin ?.

I might just manage to make this before heading back to the sand pit fingers crossed.

Russ

Be great to see you Russ before you head back to the dessert!!!

Sound system sorted....will be no glitches this time....sounds really great in such an atmospheric venue.

We've created a great space for the record dealers downstairs....got a number of tables booked already so if anyone wants space please book soon.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Sallie

Edited by salliejane

Hi Pat ,

Yes I think it was in Leeds early 2010 which is way too long !! ..

Anyway we'll have loads to talk about ..

So I'll see you there ..

Lots of love .

Claire xxx

Here are the DJ times for both rooms:

MAIN ROOM

9.00 Tim Smithers

9.45 Leon Brown

10.30 Des Parker

11.15 Sean Haydon

12.00 John Weston

12.45 Leon Brown

1.30 Dave Rimmer

2.15 Pat Bleasdale

3.00 Killa

3.45 Bearsy

4.30 Dave Abbott

5.15 Dave Rimmer

DOWNSTAIRS

10.00 Bearsy

10.45 Dave Abbott

11.30 Pat Bleasdale

12.15 Killa

1.00 Tim Smithers

1.45 Des Parker

2.30 Sean Haydon

3.15 John Weston

Guest BintofSoul

I'm all booked up so I'll see you all there. Hopefully the sun will be shining so I can come on my scooter!

Nicki XX

Why has room 2 got the same dj's ? Makes no sense to me :thumbsup:

Rach it's the same policy as our last allnighter.....which worked really well. In the downstairs room dj's have a free reign to play what they want...so there will be lots of funk edged and rare tunes....while in the main room there will be more underplayed and current oldies.

Guest rach

Rach it's the same policy as our last allnighter.....which worked really well. In the downstairs room dj's have a free reign to play what they want...so there will be lots of funk edged and rare tunes....while in the main room there will be more underplayed and current oldies.

Thanks Sallie :thumbsup:

For those looking for accommodation we recommend the West Cliff area of Bournemouth for hotels and B&Bs. The Club is situated in West Hill Road which is in the heart of this area. There's loads of parking nearby.

The best deals can be found on the internet, suggest www.laterooms.com. There is also a Premier Inn nearby in Poole Road again suggest you look at their deals on the internet.

The sea front is less than 5 minutes walk from the Club and there are plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby.

If anyone needs any more info then please let me know.

Guest BintofSoul

Brill Nicki....look forward to seeing you in sunny Bournemouth. If the sun's shining it's all down the beach at 6am !!!

I'm really looking forward to it Sallie. Is the venue near the old one?

The sea front is less than 5 minutes walk from the Club

If your legs are 10 feet long or you free-fall down the cliff face - otherwise it's a comfortable 15 mins :hatsoff2:

Good line-up again this time

I'm really looking forward to it Sallie. Is the venue near the old one?

It's on West Cliff, the same area as the last club, and is literally just round the corner in West Hill Road. There is also a car park in West Hill Road a couple of minutes walk from the Spyre.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Guest BintofSoul

It's on West Cliff, the same area as the last club, and is literally just round the corner in West Hill Road. There is also a car park in West Hill Road a couple of minutes walk from the Spyre.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Thanks very much Sallie. I'm booked in the Travelodge which, I believe, is on the same road? I'll be scooting there in the morning (if the weather is good) to do a bit of shopping first!

Nicki XX

Thanks very much Sallie. I'm booked in the Travelodge which, I believe, is on the same road? I'll be scooting there in the morning (if the weather is good) to do a bit of shopping first!

Nicki XX

The Travelodge is just around the corner from The Spyre, a 5 minute walk (and not on stilts either lol). Hope the weather is nice for you to scoot on down, should be in August after all !!!

Look forward to seeing you on the 12th, if not before hun.

Sallie x

Guest Dr Pickles

Now that is a line up of inspiring DJ's.

DES PARKER

JOHN WESTON

SEAN HAYDON

DAVE ABBOTT

PAT BLEASDALE

KILLA

DAVE RIMMER

LEON BROWN

TIM SMITHERS

BEARSY

From that lot I would be expecting a mixture of different, exciting, uptempo, raw, gritty, funky, 60's, early 70's, R&B, gospel, current nighter spins, well known monsters, and the odd trial tune.

I would not be expecting Millie Jackson... House For Sale or The Dells .....Run For Cover

Venue looks very interesting compared to your standard football club and gravel carpark ................

10639491.jpg

rubyzFront.JPG

Equally interesting decor inside, with a resident Trickster by the look of it.

RubyZ-Mar-11_173.jpg

Could not find any shots of the dancefloors but I'm sure they will be up to scratch. Well they would need to be with the tunes I know some of these DJ's have. Along with two decent sound systems and a fully stocked bar!!!!!

See you there

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles
Guest Glawsters Best

Event Title: SOUL IN THE SOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: salliejane

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 12 August 2011

-------------------------------------------------

SOUL IN THE SOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Friday 12th August 9pm til 6am

Spinning Rare, Underplayed,

Current Oldies & Funk Edged Soul

DES PARKER

JOHN WESTON

SEAN HAYDON

DAVE ABBOTT

PAT BLEASDALE

KILLA

DAVE RIMMER

LEON BROWN

TIM SMITHERS

BEARSY

NEW 2 ROOM VENUE

sallie@soulinthesouth.co.uk

Yes only 3 weeks away won't be long gonna be a good night bring it on

Guest Bearsy

DES PARKER

JOHN WESTON

SEAN HAYDON

DAVE ABBOTT

PAT BLEASDALE

KILLA

DAVE RIMMER

LEON BROWN

TIM SMITHERS

BEARSY

From that lot I would be expecting a mixture of different, exciting, uptempo, raw, gritty, funky, 60's, early 70's, R&B, gospel, current nighter spins, well known monsters, and the odd trial tune.

I would not be expecting Millie Jackson... House For Sale or The Dells .....Run For Cover

Venue looks very interesting compared to your standard football club and gravel carpark ................

10639491.jpg

rubyzFront.JPG

RubyZ-Mar-11_173.jpg

Could not find any shots of the dancefloors but I'm sure they will be up to scratch. Well they would need to be with the tunes I know some of these DJ's have. Along with two decent sound systems and a fully stocked bar!!!!!

See you there

Doc

best i have a rethink about what im gonna play then :lol:

be good to see you boith again Matey :hatsoff2:

Guest Sean Haydon

DES PARKER

JOHN WESTON

SEAN HAYDON

DAVE ABBOTT

PAT BLEASDALE

KILLA

DAVE RIMMER

LEON BROWN

TIM SMITHERS

BEARSY

10639491.jpg

rubyzFront.JPG

RubyZ-Mar-11_173.jpg

See you there

Doc

Wow! That place looks great. Move out the tables to clear the floor, and lets Party! :yes:

Guest Dr Pickles

best i have a rethink about what im gonna play then :lol:

be good to see you boith again Matey :hatsoff2:

Make sure you do. You were my cheesy weak link :D

Record Dealers will be in the Downstairs Room, near the bar area so it will be easy to get refreshments !!!

We have already had a number of enquiries for tables and because space is limited we urge anyone else wanting a table to get in touch soon to be sure of a space. There are power points in this area, but if you need more info then please get in touch.

Guest Bearsy

Claire xxx

be quick then Claire then i can tell you which ones i aint got :D

not long to go now and a big buzz for this nighter its gonna be a busy one so best get there early :hatsoff2:

Guest Bearsy

Fingers crossed that I'll still make this..........all sounds good......

Best Russ

if you do make it which would be brilliant can you bring along William C and i will pay you cash there and then :wicked: hope your well and keeping your head down out there Russ :hatsoff2: