Price Debate

Guest ShaneH

Several threads have mentioned that there has been a recent downturn in the price of a lot of rare soul 45s.

Is there any real truth in this?

Are you buying/selling the rarer stuff at cheaper prices than last year for example?

Has the bubble burst or just a blip?

Are the big dealers struggling?

Good news or bad news?

I would be interested in some opinions on this subject....

Cheers

Shane

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Be interesting to see if Manship or Brown bring out new price guides with lower prices in them, won't it?

Not if any of the prices of some items on Manship's Auction of late are to go by Dan.... can only see them being revised upwards.... still the place most would like to sell as they constantly attain "top dollar"....

As for eBay.... well that's always been hit and miss IMO.... some go "daft".... others slip by cheaply....

As for prices appearing to drop in general.... it may be because all the returnees that have been chasing the same things, thus allowing lists to up the price as it's become "more in demand", have maxxed out on funds.... meaning these items are now not selling as easily so get are offered for less.... there's been plenty over the last few years that "peaked" at daft high prices and have now settled back at something more reasonable.... Bettye Swann, Dee Dee Sharpe, Ace Spectrum, Nolan Porter, etc., are some that come to mind....

Also, I think, because more collectors are now looking to the cheaper end of the market nowadays where there are great "cheap" records to be had.... more sounds for less money so to speak.... these are the ones that will probably rise in value if they get more airplay and become wanted by more people....

Swings and round-a-bouts and all that ohmy.gif ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Be interesting to see if Manship or Brown bring out new price guides with lower prices in them, won't it?

Doubt it, you only have to go through Manships site to see that most of the stuff he lists on there is much higher than his last 'book' , Amen to Ebay i say, 95% of my buying is done on there, and i have saved a small fourtune doing this! from not paying top wack on every thing, OK there is some you pay a little more for but its swings and roundabouts ohmy.gif

Social source share

Anyone struggled to sell a record that they thought would be snapped up straight away?

or to put it another way - drop the price substantially compared to the bibles.

or have you got a really low return on an item sold on ebay recently?

Shane

Social source share

Anyone struggled to sell a record that they thought would be snapped up straight away?

or to put it another way - drop the price substantially compared to the bibles.

or have you got a really low return on an item sold on ebay recently?

Shane

Not soul related but I have a lot of over 15,000 45s on ebay at the moment top bid is at £20 ohmy.gif

I am wondering what to spend my profit on :ohmy:

Social source share

don't think the price guides are really based on auctions except the latest JM one where some are quoted as the price he got for his auctions.

e-bay prices might be down but aren't they just falling intop line with what the disc is really worth instead of the inflated prices that we have been seeing for the indemanders.

from the sales lists I get I don't see much evidence of a reduction in prices.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert