Burton - On - Trent Town Hall

First time for us at this one and it was well worth the trip from Sheffield.

This event is advertised as a trip back to the oldies played in the 70's and that is exactly what it was.

A huge venue with high ceilings and massive dancefloor, packed with what must have been over 300 people, this was something more than the usual Saturday soul night.

Top drawer music from all DJ's all night but when it got to 12:00 it was just something else.

Ted Massey was absolutely fantastic with an hour of popular oldies, dog rare stuff and Motown and topping it all off with his usual finisher Eddie Parker.

Had to leave at 1:30 but could have stayed all night.

Definitely be back next time

Martin

Guest FrostyJak

Top night - good music- good company - good wheather wot more can want from a nite out

It was grand to see some folk i ain't seen fa too long

Thanks to all involved, A special big thanks to Terry & Mark

Big thanks to Mark and Jason for asking me to spin a few. What a bloody fantastic place the Town Hall is you found a gem there would make a fantastic nighter venue. :thumbup: but dont park under the trees the birds shit every where :lol:

Edited by Ted Massey
  • Helpful 1

first time for Mr and Mrs wood.first impressions what a fantastic venue! dont ever think in all my soul years I have ever seen one more surreal..wonderful indeed, musically surprising..good quality tunes . what I mean is I thought it would be out n out oldies, but it was not , it was a great mixture of all things to dance to and thats what we all go for is it not! Teds the man , he done good , full dance floor all nite, had to squeeze meself on it hope to be back sometime in the future :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1

First time for Mandy and myself although Michelle and Tosh had been before but had given nothing away.It was an awe inspiring experience on entering the main hall,what a sight a venue to put you in the mood before even a record played,a historic building up with the likes of Kings Hall imo.The night was as excellent as the surroundings,will definitely be back,ktf Mandy&Alan.

It was our 3rd visit to Burton Town hall and 1st visit for our mates Laurence & Paul,they were as impressed with the venue as we were 1st time around.Cracking night from start to finish,all the dj's did the buisness,but have to say that our Ted Massey's hour was SUPERB!!Thanks for playing Fortson & Scott for me Teddy. :)

Thanks to all involved for such a cracking night,we will all be back for the next one!!! :)

JB & Mart xxxKTFxxx

Guest kerby

first time for Mr and Mrs wood.first impressions what a fantastic venue! dont ever think in all my soul years I have ever seen one more surreal..wonderful indeed, musically surprising..good quality tunes . what I mean is I thought it would be out n out oldies, but it was not , it was a great mixture of all things to dance to and thats what we all go for is it not! Teds the man , he done good , full dance floor all nite, had to squeeze meself on it hope to be back sometime in the future :thumbsup:

Totaly aggree Lou great night musically and a room that just makes it,s own attmosphere . some of my photos are in the gallery and all of them are in my facebook one .

martin (kerby} preston .

Am away on my holidays so only just had chance to see the previous posts.

What a fantastic night last Saturday was. As everyone has said Burton Town Hall is a fantastic venue but it´s the crowd who make the night. Both Ted and Jegger played some fantastic tunes and the crowd supported them fully. Its was great to be part of such a good night.

Big thanks to everyone who came and supported us.

Mark