New Lable Advice Please

Guest sharmo 1

Guest sharmo 1

Hi everyone I'm not sure if this is the right section but in the next few weeks I'm starting a new lable , I've got access to some nice nu soul and funk (modern) these will be a strict 250 or 300 run .The lable design is just like a studio acetate and the titles ect will be hand stamped .I would like to make them on 10 inch discs as the manufacturing costs are almost academic compared to 7 inch discs and this would make them look more like studio discs , I asked a few people at the weekend Sam , Rob Kay ect and most thought 10 inch would be fine but a couple said that they would prefer 7 inch what do you think ? I'd genuinly be greatful for you thought's best regards Simon.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Steve great to see you on saturday regards to your good lady please it's a shame we didn't have longer for a more indepth talk we will next time.Well the idea for the 10 inch is because the track's I'm putting out are all unissued and with the lable looking like a studio disc lable I thought that on a 10 inch it would look great for djing with .Also reggae lables have put out singles on 10 inch for years and seem to prefer them but I'll go along with the advise of the majority best regards and respect to you as alway's Steve , Simon.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Simon, great to see you again over the weekend mate, i reckon 10" would look great on the decks & lots of DJ's now carry an LP bag/case so should work ok !!

Ian.

Hi Ian how's sweet cakes ? great to see you young man , there was a man looking for you after you went he said you'd stolen his identity !!!! thank's for the advice I've already had people p.ming me to see when they're arriving havn't done the right's to the first one yet!! see you soon and keep your pecker up !regards Simon.

Social source share

People won't buy them on 10" Simon, like someone above said, you can't keep them in your 7" singles boxes, sounds like stating the obvious but I've got 5 or 6 acetate which are 10" and I often forget I've even got them as they are stored with lp's.

Besides, 7" records are incredibly cheap to have pressed nowadays.

p.s. there's no such word as lable

Social source share

Thank's Pete I'll think they'll be on 7 inch by the way lable is the Jamaican spelling of label I thouht ti mya cunfuse peeple rigards S.

:lol: :lol: :lol: - i'm dyslexic, but I never realised until turned up to a Toga party dressed as a goat

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert