Change @ The White Star Saturday 1St October

An amazing variety of sounds played throughout the evening, Im hoping our Illustious guests snadi Harpin and Big Al shaw will add some spins to this list too.

Geese, early door spot 8 oclockish

Afreditio- you tell me that you love me

Afrocubists- I must love you

Charlie Bird- I cant take it anymore

Faboulous counts- Girl from Kenya

Judson Moore- Pushin and pullin'

Cold Blood- You got me hummin'

Eliouse Laws- Tighten him up

Kris Peterson- Mama's little baby ( is a big girl now)

Element experience- make yourself at home honey

Mark iv unlimited- gone

Johhny Nash- Falling in and out of love

George Soul- Midnite affair

more detail to follow, the grey matter is failing me at the mo.......

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

Guest Big Al 68

Cheers for the invite lad's, thoroughly enjoyed myself ! Thanks aswell to some of the nice comments from the punters.

My love is so strong...............Geater Davis..............................House of orange

Sho' bout turn me on..............Al Robinson................................Pulsar

The living end...........................Curtis Smith...............................Essica

Show some sign.........................V.Williams/JB.Ledbetter........Verve

Searchin' for love...................Spencer.......................................Midtown

Gotcha where I wancha..........Bobby Baskerville.....................Dot

Please leave me.........................Drake & Ensolids.......................Alteen

Burning touch of love..............Billy Butler.................................Brunswick

Soul superman...........................Hesitations.................................Kapp

All because of you...................Dramatics...................................Sport

Give in........................................Webs............................................Popside

It aint never gonna die...........Bill Johnson................................Jocida

Watch yourself........................Nature boys...............................Uptown

I've been hurt so many...........Larry Davies..............................Kent

Stuck on my baby....................Irene & the scotts.....................Smash

Watch dog.................................Dorothy Williams.......................Volt

Do you still love me.................Cookie Jackson...........................Progress

Aint gonna cry no more...........Josephine Taylor.......................Mar-v.lus

Happy day..................................Della Rae.....................................Groove

A three dollar bill....................Beverly Ann Gibson...................Jubilee

Somebody help me....................Larry Birdsong............................Sur-speed

Wherever you were..................Bud Harper..................................Peacock

You cant measure your love....Preston Peters.............................M.M enterprises

A sad sad way............................Larry Hamond

:thumbup::wave:

Social source share

Sandi Harpin.............Change.........The White Star.......SOT.............sAT 1st October

First Spot

Lloyd Price....."Feeling good"

Swinging Medallions....."Here it comes again"

Persuasions....."One thing on my mind"

Tony Owens....."All that matters"

Arthur Prysock....."I wantcha' baby"

Ron Matlock....."You got the best of me"

Jerry Butler....."Stop stepping on my dreams"

Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose....."Big time lover"

Walter Heath....."You know you're wrong don't you brother"

Maxi Priest and Richie Stevens....."Stillwaters"

Beres Hammond....."Don't wait too long"

Billy Keene....."Wishing and hoping"

Second spot

Al Mason....."Good loving"

Mousse T....."Brother on the run"

Anthony White....."Hey baby"

Invitations....."Look on the good side"

Gary Toms Empire....."Love me good"

Enticers....."Calling for your love"

TSU Tornadoes....."Cutting the corners"

Willy Wiley....."Just be glad"

Skip Mahoney and the Casuals....."Running away from love"

Pete Warner....."I just want to spend my life with you"

John Gary Williams....."The whole damn' world is going crazy"

Put these on for Sandi tonight, as i said i would while she was at work earlier but forgot, well done wife, keep on believin'

Harpo

Social source share

Thanks guys, some absolutely amazing music across a vast plethora of styles. weel done and thanks once again. Jones you've never een backward in telling us what ya play c'mon youth. Alittle more detail added to mine now, my later spot to folow.

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

Thanks guys, some absolutely amazing music across a vast plethora of styles. weel done and thanks once again. Jones you've never een backward in telling us what ya play c'mon youth. Alittle more detail added to mine now, my later spot to folow.

Hey up youth

Here's a few I played in no particular order

J Williams and Dynamite Brass--------------------------Bogaloo Baby

Artistic Sounds----------------------------------------------Give it up

Mystics--------------------------------------------------------I really love you

Pat Petermen -----------------------------------------------Love the way you do your thing

Rocky Roberts------------------------------------------------So Good

The Free---------------------------------------------------------Soul Party

Eddie Mayberry--------------------------------------------------Break it Down

Ronnie Dyson-----------------------------------------------------Fever (lp track)

North by North East-----------------------------------------------Pain of City Livin

Clifford Curry-------------------------------------------------------Miss Shake a plenty

Freda Payne---------------------------------------------------------Easy Street (lp track)

Pieces of Eight--------------------------------------------------------Its over

James Brown-----------------------------------------------------------Why did you take your love..... (lp track)

Clarence Murray-------------------------------------------------------Dont Talk Like that

Vibrations----------------------------------------------------------------End up Crying

Quo Sunryse-----------------------------------------------------------Storm Brewing

.....probably a few others I think--but cant remember-- I was toooooo busy listening to every one else!!!!!!!!! Great Stuff guys :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sandi Harpin.............Change.........The White Star.......SOT.............sAT 1st October

First Spot

Lloyd Price....."Feeling good"

Swinging Medallions....."Here it comes again"

Persuasions....."One thing on my mind"

Tony Owens....."All that matters"

Arthur Prysock....."I wantcha' baby"

Ron Matlock....."You got the best of me"

Jerry Butler....."Stop stepping on my dreams"

Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose....."Big time lover"

Walter Heath....."You know you're wrong don't you brother"

Maxi Priest and Richie Stevens....."Stillwaters"

Beres Hammond....."Don't wait too long"

Billy Keene....."Wishing and hoping"

Second spot

Al Mason....."Good loving"

Mousse T....."Brother on the run"

Anthony White....."Hey baby"

Invitations....."Look on the good side"

Gary Toms Empire....."Love me good"

Enticers....."Calling for your love"

TSU Tornadoes....."Cutting the corners"

Willy Wiley....."Just be glad"

Skip Mahoney and the Casuals....."Running away from love"

Pete Warner....."I just want to spend my life with you"

John Gary Williams....."The whole damn' world is going crazy"

Put these on for Sandi tonight, as i said i would while she was at work earlier but forgot, well done wife, keep on believin'

Harpo

Just wanted to say - Great to see the Persuasions being played out - I compare it a little to Making my daydream realas I feel its in a similar veing to the We the people biggie!!

Social source share

Just wanted to say - Great to see the Persuasions being played out - I compare it a little to Making my daydream realas I feel its in a similar veing to the We the people biggie!!

Loved it me self mate, and I've got a female version on some LP but can I track it down in my collection! arrrrgh, have got a clue who its by either!

Social source share

just a few more to add for me from my 2nd set around 10.30 till eleven

Top shelf- going through the motions

johhny Nash- falling in and out of love

Danny White - Natural soul brother

Billy Wade and the 3rd degree- tear it up part 1

Electric Express- the real thing part 2

Dee Edwards- Why cant there be love

Sonny Craver- I'm no fool

Johhny Summers- cant let go

Latin souls- you been talking bout me baby

Once again thanks to all who attended and the most excellent guests, Sandy and Al, see you in Dec with Johhny Beggs and Mace, free peg on entry!

Social source share

Cheers for the invite lad's, thoroughly enjoyed myself ! Thanks aswell to some of the nice comments from the punters.

My love is so strong...............Geater Davis..............................House of orange

Sho' bout turn me on..............Al Robinson................................Pulsar

The living end...........................Curtis Smith...............................Essica

Show some sign.........................V.Williams/JB.Ledbetter........Verve

Searchin' for love...................Spencer.......................................Midtown

Gotcha where I wancha..........Bobby Baskerville.....................Dot

Please leave me.........................Drake & Ensolids.......................Alteen

Burning touch of love..............Billy Butler.................................Brunswick

Soul superman...........................Hesitations.................................Kapp

All because of you...................Dramatics...................................Sport

Give in........................................Webs............................................Popside

It aint never gonna die...........Bill Johnson................................Jocida

Watch yourself........................Nature boys...............................Uptown

I've been hurt so many...........Larry Davies..............................Kent

Stuck on my baby....................Irene & the scotts.....................Smash

Watch dog.................................Dorothy Williams.......................Volt

Do you still love me.................Cookie Jackson...........................Progress

Aint gonna cry no more...........Josephine Taylor.......................Mar-v.lus

Happy day..................................Della Rae.....................................Groove

A three dollar bill....................Beverly Ann Gibson...................Jubilee

Somebody help me....................Larry Birdsong............................Sur-speed

Wherever you were..................Bud Harper..................................Peacock

You cant measure your love....Preston Peters.............................M.M enterprises

A sad sad way............................Larry Hamond

:thumbup::wave:

Larry Birdsong is awesome ,been playing it for the past couple of years,yet to have its day

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!