Artist Info Please - Horace Williams (Magic City)

Premium Stuff

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That guy is hard to track down. I've been looking for info on him for years (as I do for all Detroit Soul people), and found nothing. I don't remember even seeing his name on any other records (unless he's one of the Williams listed on The Creations' record on Mel-O-dy). I asked several Detroit people who had been in the business back then, and none knew anything about him. I don't remember seeing any posters for him appearing locally, in Detroit (that's a bad sign). His voice doesn't sound enough like anyone else to surmise that he also sang under another name. I'll be curious to see if anyone can find anything.

Social source share

That guy is hard to track down. I've been looking for info on him for years (as I do for all Detroit Soul people), and found nothing. I don't remember even seeing his name on any other records (unless he's one of the Williams listed on The Creations' record on Mel-O-dy). I asked several Detroit people who had been in the business back then, and none knew anything about him. I don't remember seeing any posters for him appearing locally, in Detroit (that's a bad sign). His voice doesn't sound enough like anyone else to surmise that he also sang under another name. I'll be curious to see if anyone can find anything.

Thank you Robb - yes, an elusive guy it seems - maybe a pseudonym?

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Another curious one Rich/Robb, and possibly my fave Xmas record too, which I introduced to the 100 club back some years, I'm sure it'll get a spin tomorrow.

Again no clue to Horace' identity, Choker Campbell being the "name" here, maybe a member of his band who could sing and play sleigh bells?

Merry Xmas

Social source share

just had a look at keith rylatts book quote he was on label magic city with Chocker Campbell and "HMCW" '71 owner henry McWhorter,connected to demo Ristic,Henry McWhorter & the All Stars horace Williams.dont known if this helps

Great thanks - yes, useful stuff :thumbsup:

Anyone got a scan for the HMCW record please?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert