Dodgy - See What You Think

Pete S

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VELVET-SATINS-RECORD-ORIGINAL-45-VINYL-7-SINGLE-1966-NOTHING-CAN-COMPARE-/180779608164?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2a174de864#ht_500wt_1413

That is an auction for a Velvet satins original and the picture is of an original.

If you read the text though, the seller says it is for a BLUE label and he emphasises the blue part of the description.

There is no blue original.

What do we think?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest allnightandy

There is a boot "Sky Blue label with no "B" Side" As per J M

Why upload someone elses picture ?

Very dodgy !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I messaged the seller yesterday : Why have you posted a picture of someone else's record

and not the bootleg/reissue one you are selling ?

Trades description act ,Ebay miss selling policy etc?

The blue labeled bootleg which you are selling is worth only about £6

He has just replied ! Hello thanks for the message I am so sorry !

I have contacted the buyer and told him i am not accepting payment. I was a bit lazy and just used a library picture

I have ,and had no idea of the significance , i assumed that it was the same , i put the details in the description to save time doing individual pictures

Sorry , Sorry , Sorry !

I think this is genuine , i have sent this type of message many times to both sellers and to Ebay and usually get no response from Ebay and abuse from ripoff merchants ! I do feel sory for the young people just starting out in our scene as they will pay the expensive prices not knowing about boots and represses when they do find out their records arn't worth what they paid it would probably drive them away from northern soul for good

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert