Versions

Craig W

Just been sorting through a few records and played this. What are the origins of this and who are the vocals actually by and when and where was it actually recorded? Besides this , Festival time and To win your heart are there any other versions.

Edited by CRAIG W
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just been sorting through a few records and played this. What are the origins of this and who are the vocals actually by and when and where was it actually recorded? Besides this , Festival time and To win your heart are there any other versions.

I remember when we were school kids and first heard "To Win Your Heart". For a while we had to refer to it as "Festival Time With Words" because we didn't know who it was.

Those were the days. thumbsup.gif

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hello Craig,

I'd say the origins are "dubious" to say the least. The vocal doesn't seem to fit right. And the lyrics are dreadful. And the singer probably works in a call centre in Stoke-On-Trent or somewhere.

Apart from that, I think it's very extremely fabulous.

thumbsup.gif

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Russ used to give this lots of plays late 70's, covered as Al Kent ?

Social source share

Hello Craig,

I'd say the origins are "dubious" to say the least. The vocal doesn't seem to fit right. And the lyrics are dreadful. And the singer probably works in a call centre in Stoke-On-Trent or somewhere.

Apart from that, I think it's very extremely fabulous.

thumbsup.gif

Paul Mooney

Whats wrong with the lyrics "Stevie Wonder and his Fingertips , James Brown with those Motown licks" Absolute classic lines :lol:

And another thing there are no call centres in Stoke on Trent now , they are all in India. :P

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

More likely it was someone called Al from Kent ??? thumbsup.gif

Paul Mooney

:lol:

But who cared in those days, was one of his more soulful plays at the time

:P

Social source share

It is on a CD Golden Northern Soul or something double CD. I quite like the version but have never heard it played out even at the Csino, always thought it was one of those dubbed versions that sort of appeared recently - so has this ever been on vinyl?

Grant

Social source share

It is on a CD Golden Northern Soul or something double CD. I quite like the version but have never heard it played out even at the Csino, always thought it was one of those dubbed versions that sort of appeared recently - so has this ever been on vinyl?

Grant

Yes its on the Slow Fizz label white label Dj promotion "copi" SF1. I dont know the origins of it.

Social source share

Yes its on the Slow Fizz label white label Dj promotion "copi" SF1. I dont know the origins of it.

Craig,

Does it say "recorded in Nottingham" on the label?

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert