Blue Skies Soul Club

Rbman

I am more than likely driving up to this from East London, so anyone who wants a lift and can get to Walthamstow, PM me and we can sort something out.

Dave

ps It's my birthday on the 18th does that count?

Just finishing this weekend (real tired, do in Huddersfield last night) so looking forward to the next....

...and how funny's that! - we'll be driving from Walthamstow and mine's on the 19th! :ohmy:

m

ps. did you know that we Capricorns are supposed the have THE best legs?? :lol:

...well I did say, "supposed to" :ohmy:

• Replies 99
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just finishing this weekend (real tired, do in Huddersfield last night) so looking forward to the next....

...and how funny's that! - we'll be driving from Walthamstow and mine's on the 19th! :lol:

m

ps. did you know that we Capricorns are supposed the have THE best legs?? :D

...well I did say, "supposed to" :ohmy:

So you will be in a mini skirt then :ohmy:

Guest rachel

Sorry you won't be there... It was great to meet you in Edinburgh... Maybe will will make it across the boarder again in 2006

Great to meet you too... I should be making a trip to the 'deep south' soon, so hope to see you again :ohmy:

Great to meet you too... I should be making a trip to the 'deep south' soon, so hope to see you again :ohmy:

Try and come a little deeper and bear East.... We do have a few venues in deepest darkest Essex :ohmy:

I would hate for anyone to get lost on their way to Hatfield.....my best advice is to use an internet route planner such as https://rp.rac.co.uk/routeplanner and print out the result and take it with them! .... but if you are coming from either the north or south you need to get off the A1 at junction 4. You will come to a large signal controlled roundabout and you need to take the second road off which is sign posted A414 Hertford & WGC (you will also see a place of interest sign Hatfield House). You will be on a short section of dual carriageway with Tescos on your right. At the next roundabout take the first exit which takes you over a railway bridge back onto dual carriageway...take the first slip road off and up to a T junction with traffic lights. You need to turn right at these lights...and travel approx. half a mile to a cross roads with lights. Take a left turn here and then first left into the pub car park. The post code is AL9 5EU

If you are coming by train turn left out of the station and walk approx 500 yds up the road and the venue is on the other side of the road. Trains run to London and up north to Stevenage, letchworth etc....well after midnight.

I hope this is clear but if not call 078 5164 0863

Martin, hope you have fun celebrating your birthday on Friday, and good luck to Geoff with the DJing, sorry wont be able to make it along to support you all, but a close friend of mine and some of your's Roger Stewart, is back in hospital so will be visiting him Friday xxx

Martin, hope you have fun celebrating your birthday on Friday, and good luck to Geoff with the DJing, sorry wont be able to make it along to support you all, but a close friend of mine and some of your's Roger Stewart, is back in hospital so will be visiting him Friday xxx

We'll miss you of course, but say hi to Roger for me and wish him a speedy recovery.

Guest Dr Pickles

Thought Hemel was in Herts? lol ph34r.gif

Since the Buncefield explosion Hemel can be found somewhere in Berkshire. :thumbsup:

Martin

As Boots says we'll all be there.

Looking forward to seeing Little Reg spin his tunes.

Doc

Spread the news - Herts/Beds Soul Boy In Going Out Shocker!!!! Yes, I have managed to arrange things with the tax man amongst others and will be making the 15 minute journey up the A1 to hang out with those colourful ladies of the scene Taffy, Steve G (Hi mate!), Boots amongst others and twinkle toe my way around the dancefloor so be warned!!! Looking forward to a great night, Little Reg (or as I like to point out often he is really Dave Hill from Slade!) be sure to play some nice 70's grooves and for the love of God be sure to wear platforms or those 8" stilletto boots I know you have tucked away for those 'special occassion' lol.

See everyone on the night, I of course will be wearing a very bland shirt!

I'm waiting at home for a new wash machine to arrive so I thought I'd post the DJ timings....

7.30 to 8.00 Rbman

8.00 to 8.45 Geoff Green

8,45 to 9.30 John Stubbs

9.30 to 10.15 Little Reg

10.15 to 11.00 Mac

11.00 to midnight Arthur Fenn

12.00 to 12.30 Rbman

I'm waiting at home for a new wash machine to arrive so I thought I'd post the DJ timings....

7.30 to 8.00 Rbman

8.00 to 8.45 Geoff Green

8,45 to 9.30 John Stubbs

9.30 to 10.15 Little Reg

10.15 to 11.00 Mac

12.00 to 12.30 Rbman

As Pete can't make it tomorrow night does that make you a complete DIMWIT :D tee hee

QoFxx

7.30 to 8.00 Rbman

8.00 to 8.45 Geoff Green

8,45 to 9.30 John Stubbs

9.30 to 10.15 Little Reg

10.15 to 11.00 Mac

12.00 to 12.30 Rbman

Any chance you can put John on later ?

It's just been confirmed.....

I'm driving..... :search:

Hi Martin

Sorry mate, still too ill to make tonight. Hope it goes well for you. Have a good night. See you soon

Regards

Sorry to hear you're ill, hope you better soon, take care, luv k

Tee Hee, it's just been confirmed that I am not :yes::yes:

QoFxx

Im confirmed that Im not too!! :thumbsup:

Hi Martin

Sorry mate, still too ill to make tonight. Hope it goes well for you. Have a good night. See you soon

Regards

However I'm not ill & will be able to make it tonight, seems there may be 1 or 2 people there that I know ? :thumbsup:

see ya later

Dave G

However I'm not ill & will be able to make it tonight, seems there may be 1 or 2 people there that I know ? :thumbsup:

see ya later

Dave G

Yep, let out for the nite for good behaviour :yes: be good to see you Dave :yes:

However I'm not ill & will be able to make it tonight, seems there may be 1 or 2 people there that I know ? beer.gif

see ya later

Dave G

WIth legs fully covered I hope :yes:

QoFxx

Hi Martin

Regards

Just wont be the same without you :thumbsup: Get better soon :yes:

QoFxx

Sorry to hear you're ill, hope you better soon, take care, luv k

Im confirmed that Im not too!! :yes:

Oh dear :ohmy: . Do we have a responsible adult :huh:

QoFxx

WIth legs fully covered I hope :yes:

QoFxx

Just wont be the same without you :thumbsup: Get better soon :huh:

QoFxx

Oh dear :yes: . Do we have a responsible adult :huh:

QoFxx

whats that? :huh:

WIth legs fully covered I hope :ohmy:

QoFxx

Just wont be the same without you :yes: Get better soon :yes:

QoFxx

Oh dear ohmy.gif . Do we have a responsible adult :huh:

QoFxx

do you want me to ask my dad then?

I would hate for anyone to get lost on their way to Hatfield.....my best advice is to use an internet route planner such as https://rp.rac.co.uk/routeplanner and print out the result and take it with them! .... but if you are coming from either the north or south you need to get off the A1 at junction 4. You will come to a large signal controlled roundabout and you need to take the second road off which is sign posted A414 Hertford & WGC (you will also see a place of interest sign Hatfield House). You will be on a short section of dual carriageway with Tescos on your right. At the next roundabout take the first exit which takes you over a railway bridge back onto dual carriageway...take the first slip road off and up to a T junction with traffic lights. You need to turn right at these lights...and travel approx. half a mile to a cross roads with lights. Take a left turn here and then first left into the pub car park. The post code is AL9 5EU

If you are coming by train turn left out of the station and walk approx 500 yds up the road and the venue is on the other side of the road. Trains run to London and up north to Stevenage, letchworth etc....well after midnight.

I hope this is clear but if not call 078 5164 0863

bump

Great night Martin. Good to see the place full. Fantastic set from Arthur and well done to all the jocks. Makes a change to have a doo only ten mins down the road from me. Oh, and haven't danced so much for ages. Also really good to see so many faces out. Best of luck with the future gigs mate. :D

Guest Bearsoul

Great night Martin. Good to see the place full. Fantastic set from Arthur and well done to all the jocks. Makes a change to have a doo only ten mins down the road from me. Oh, and haven't danced so much for ages. Also really good to see so many faces out. Best of luck with the future gigs mate. :D

ARTHUR FENN.TOP MAN !!! YOU CAN'T GO WRONG !!!

CHRIS M :D

Can't believe that you got to post before me :D ......... What a way to celebrate your birthday...big thanks go to Geoff Green ,John Stubbs, Little Reg, Mac, and a new guy called...err...Arthur......Fenn I think...not half bad :D ....and all the people who came to hear some wondreful music....we are very luck to have such a special scene. see you all again soon and many thanks for coming, some of you a hell of a long way.

Martin

Can't believe that you got to post before me :) ......... What a way to celebrate your birthday...big thanks go to Geoff Green ,John Stubbs, Little Reg, Mac, and a new guy called...err...Arthur......Fenn I think...not half bad :lol: ....and all the people who came to hear some wondreful music....we are very luck to have such a special scene. see you all again soon and many thanks for coming, some of you a hell of a long way.

Martin

Well done Martin :)

A great night.............went with Catriona, Anne and my Claire and we really enjoyed it..........good music, great company and a nice atmosphere.

Nice to see so many mates out all at once...........Winston, Toby & Mandy, Backdoor Kenny, Debbie, Karen B, Cressi, Taffy & Bev, Paul & Trish, Sue (without Adey cos he's DJing in Bakersfield, California) Scouse Paul, Darcy, Arthur, Graham, Neil O, Vic, etc, etc.

Plus met a few faces new to me and the inevitable number of people who's names I can't remember right now because I overdid enjoying myself !

Here's to many more nights like that.

What a great night out,well done to martin and all involved to make a wonderfull night .

It was nice to see Martin give his spot up to enable the brill Mr Arthur Fenn to continue,mind you poor old Martin did not get an option when asked the crowd Him or Fenn (no contest),

a great soul night in our area ,,heres to many more to follow.

It was nice to see Martin give his spot up to enable the brill Mr Arthur Fenn to continue,mind you poor old Martin did not get an option when asked the crowd Him or Fenn (no contest)

well I yelled "Martin!" very loudly :)

Great night and lots of souls there too, particularly nice to catch up with those I don't see too often - like Linda and Lorraine and SteveG. Shame I missed Geoff on the decks, but I'm sure you'll be posting up your first playlist and spinning some tunes at your birthday do in March :D .

Anyway, MartinA (the birthday boy), couldn't stop smiling all night - Happy Birthday I think? :)

m

ps. See ya at the 100 Club tonight all - don't forget London's own Warren Wint is on

....it will be a toughie for me - hardly had any sleep last night between getting lost on the drive back to London (MartinT was navigating), someone's snoring at 5am :D and my coffee cravings at 8am :lol: . It's sickening that the party boys are still asleep now! :)

pps. FENN is making his 2nd appearance at 'Stow, see plug below

Really enjoyed it. Good music, decent venue, friendly crowd.

Good to see some old faces & meet a few new ones.

Musically I thought Arthurs spot was outstanding, but there again he's probably my favourite across the board DJ.

Col.

:)

Really enjoyed it too, despite it being my turn to drive! :lol: It was a really great atmosphere, nice venue too. Good one Martin.

Col, Think you need a social worker too! :) No, I am not volunteering!

Annie x

Guest Warmnjuicy

Really enjoyed it. Good music, decent venue, friendly crowd.

Good to see some old faces & meet a few new ones.

Musically I thought Arthurs spot was outstanding, but there again he's probably my favourite across the board DJ.

Col.

Thanks to Wayne & Anita for the lift :)

Hey, thanks for introducing yourself! :lol::) lol

Guest Warmnjuicy

Pete and Claire it was nice to meet you both last night. Pete thanks for introducing yourself and say Hi to Bob for me and that I will be over to see him on Monday to keep him company for a few hours! :)

Guest Warmnjuicy

Martin, Martin, Martin ........................... What can I say? It was bloody great. I had a fantastic time, fantastic music and loads of friendly people.

Shame Pete wasnt there to take some of the credit too, but hey, all the more for you! :lol:

Thank you for organising it, and hope the following ones are just as good too.

Ps you need to give Paul a serious talking to, he pushed me onto the floor and fell on top of me, well hey at least he had a soft landing pmsl.! :) But I dont think it could have been a very nice sight, my legs akimbo for all your punter pmsl :)

Once again, thank you.

Can't believe that you got to post before me ......... What a way to celebrate your birthday...big thanks go to Geoff Green ,John Stubbs, Little Reg, Mac, and a new guy called...err...Arthur......Fenn I think...not half bad :) ....and all the people who came to hear some wondreful music....we are very luck to have such a special scene. see you all again soon and many thanks for coming, some of you a hell of a long way.Martin

....Well what can I say Top Night, Great Crowd, Excellent DJ's allround, & the best set I have heard Reg do in a long time, & King Arthur Outstanding....

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

Source Advert