The Masqueraders Are Coming * Prices Added *

SEVERN SOULS WEEKENDER 23rd JUNE TO 25th JUNE 2006

LIVE ON STAGE "THE MASQUERADERS" DOING A FULL SHOW OF THEIR OWN MATERIAL

DJs SOUL SAM KENNY BURRELL, GINGER TAYLOR, CLIFF STEELE, MICK H, DAVE GREET

SEE NEWS FOR FULL INFO.

JUST WONDERED IF THERE ARE ANY REQUESTS FOR SONGS TO BE PLAYED ??????

GET YOUR SUMMER CLOTHES READY :D:):D:D:)

ALSO PASTED THIS FROM A PREVIOUS THREAD HOPE YOU'VE LOTS OF CDs COLIN !!!!

A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to spend some time with Harold and Tex in Memphis. One of the things we did together was a 2 hour radio show on a Memphis public radio station. The show features Harold and Tex talking about their records including the story about La Beat and their aborted audition for Motown with plenty of music thrown in.

If anyone wants to hear the show then please drop me a line and I can burn it on to 2 CDs.

Please contact me direct colin.dilnot@btinternet.com

Cheers

Colin

Edited by consdad
Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't find any details of the Severn Souls weekender in news or events what gives??

John

takes time to filter through the system i think, wake mike up !!

its been on the Nighter dates/ weekender dates for about a month we just had to book the acts and DJs and make sure we did not clash with established events, this has been planned for over 2 years !!

watch this space

thanks

Rob

Social source share

Great news this Rob, hope they're going to do a full set & not just 3 or 4 songs.

yes mate they'll sing anything you want if you let us know, will bring my hot buttered Soul album tonight !

Is this the brean sands weekender rob.........?

HB :)

Yes Nige you're Djing at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Social source share

takes time to filter through the system i think, wake mike up !!

its been on the Nighter dates/ weekender dates for about a month we just had to book the acts and DJs and make sure we did not clash with established events, this has been planned for over 2 years !!

watch this space

thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

The last time I heard from Harold he said the guys were also doing Prestatyn, are they no longer going to be at Prestatyn then as nothing has been mentioned yet?

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

We had fab weather last year, I've got a great pic. which i will post when i find it of glorious sunshine ,clear blue skys and palm trees at prestatyn. Anyway our 3,000 + crowd are hardy souls, they keep coming back for more !!

But we would like to see a few of them in their cozzies on the beach mid-summer at Brean , that Somerset/ North Devon coast has a 5 mile golden sandy beach and it's a bit of a sun trap as well, we might even get sun stroke at this one ! :ohmy: I'm sure everyone will be out at the Soul Bar-B-Q s we have planned enjoying the warm weather SUN, SEA & SOUL :ohmy:

Social source share

We had fab weather last year, I've got a great pic. which i will post when i find it of glorious sunshine ,clear blue skys and palm trees at prestatyn. Anyway our 3,000 + crowd are hardy souls, they keep coming back for more !!

But we would like to see a few of them in their cozzies on the beach mid-summer at Brean , that Somerset/ North Devon coast has a 5 mile golden sandy beach and it's a bit of a sun trap as well, we might even get sun stroke at this one ! :ohmy: I'm sure everyone will be out at the Soul Bar-B-Q s we have planned enjoying the warm weather SUN, SEA & SOUL :ohmy:

Are we having niters? When can we book? Will there be holidaymakers there?

Social source share

Are we having niters? When can we book? Will there be holidaymakers there?

Yes 2 roomed all-nighters Northern main room, crossover/ classic modern in the 2nd room, there is a third room as well, which depends on the numbers booking at this first event, by the response we have already had from all parts of the country and especially the s west looks like a biggie !! :ohmy:

Booking details will be on here by the end of the week, prices not yet confirmed but will be on here very soon hope by Thursday--will PM you as we get them.

WE HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE SITE. :ohmy: NO MUPPETTS :lol:

Flyers ready in 2 weeks anyone wanting to put them out for us send me a PM and i will get them mailed direct to you. :D

Social source share

I ve told tex to buy some warm clothes !!! :rolleyes:

So they ARE doing Prestatyn then? I was told yes last year, then no and now I don't know LOL. And where are the full details of this Brean weekender?

Edited by Soulgirl
Social source share

So they ARE doing Prestatyn then? I was told yes last year, then no and now I don't know LOL. And where are the full details of this Brean weekender?

Hi Karen

Yes they are (this has got me confused now!! lol), the last time I heard from Harold before Christmas he said they were going to be playing at Prestatyn, I have been waiting for something to come out on here, but so far nothing has been mentioned!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Hi Karen

i know you are one of our regulars at Prestatyn, its our 5th event this year and we like to scatter surprises in here and there and reward our faithfull , its a bit like waiting for Christmas you write your list and send it to Santa, but you have to wait and see if you get MORE than you've been promised yes.gif I hope you aren't one of those kids who went looking in the cupboards for your pressies when your Mum and dad were out !!! :yes:

Any way I CAN confirm the MASQUERADERS at BREAN SANDS WEEKENDER 23rd -25th June.

top record of the weekend looks like "GONNA BE A BIG THING" Jo Wallace is out on Oxford Street buying a Bikini as i write !!!! I feel a Shades , Shorts and Soul Party coming on :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Rob, you want punters at this gig..........telling them Jo Wallace is going to be in a bikini is hardly going to push ticket sales through the roof - infact, just the opposite. I'll be sitting on the seafront prom, with a travel rug over my knees, a flask of tea, some bloater paste sandwiches and a copy of My Weekly............far too much excitement :yes:ph34r.gif:huh: Jo

Hi Karen

i know you are one of our regulars at Prestatyn, its our 5th event this year and we like to scatter surprises in here and there and reward our faithfull , its a bit like waiting for Christmas you write your list and send it to Santa, but you have to wait and see if you get MORE than you've been promised
:yes:
I hope you aren't one of those kids who went looking in the cupboards for your pressies when your Mum and dad were out !!!
wink.gif

Any way I CAN confirm the MASQUERADERS at BREAN SANDS WEEKENDER 23rd -25th June.

top record of the weekend looks like "GONNA BE A BIG THING" Jo Wallace is out on Oxford Street buying a Bikini as i write !!!! I feel a Shades , Shorts and Soul Party coming on
:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Or Rugby Union Monthly......does that have knitting patterns in? It will make a refreshing change to have some sun at a weekender :yes: Jo

PMSL Jo ..more like a copy of For Women
:rolleyes:

At last a weekender we haven't got to travel hours for
yes.gif

Social source share

Hi Karen

Yes they are (this has got me confused now!! lol), the last time I heard from Harold before Christmas he said they were going to be playing at Prestatyn, I have been waiting for something to come out on here, but so far nothing has been mentioned!

Cheers

Paddy

Ah ha! I knew I wasn't going mad.... in the other masqueraders thread (think it was the Northampton weekender one) I was excited that they were coming to prestatyn as the lead singer told me they were but a member here he said that was incorrect... so, the member was incorrect and the singer was right and now I don't feel like a numpty any more (well, for now anyway haha).

YIPEEEEE!

Where the hell is Brean Sands anyway :yes:

Edit: oh, I remember now... Nigel is doing that one so I think Lindsay and I are nipping cross country for it :rolleyes:

Edited by Soulgirl
Social source share

Ah ha! I knew I wasn't going mad.... in the other masqueraders thread (think it was the Northampton weekender one) I was excited that they were coming to prestatyn as the lead singer told me they were but a member here he said that was incorrect... so, the member was incorrect and the singer was right and now I don't feel like a numpty any more (well, for now anyway haha).

Edit: oh, I remember now... Nigel is doing that one so I think Lindsay and I are nipping cross country for it :yes:

YIPEEEEE!

Where the hell is Brean Sands anyway yes.gif

WESTON-SUPER-MARE

HB :rolleyes:

Social source share

Yes 2 roomed all-nighters Northern main room, crossover/ classic modern in the 2nd room, there is a third room as well, which depends on the numbers booking at this first event, by the response we have already had from all parts of the country and especially the s west looks like a biggie !! whistling.gif

Booking details will be on here by the end of the week, prices not yet confirmed but will be on here very soon hope by Thursday--will PM you as we get them.

WE HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE SITE. :wicked: NO MUPPETTS :unsure:

Way too cool :D Bring it on Rob biggrin.gif

Tom.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

PMSL Jo ..more like a copy of For Women whistling.gif

At last a weekender we haven't got to travel hours for biggrin.gif

And I bet there's a really good CRAZY GOLF course nearby :unsure: If you go to www.miniaturegolfer.com and click on courses, there are pictures of the courses at Hemsby......you missed a couple of crackers (and the pictures are by me) :wicked: Anyone fancy a couple of putts over the Hump Backed Bridge and round the Windmill, let me know........ :D Jo

Social source share

Rob, you want punters at this gig..........telling them Jo Wallace is going to be in a bikini is hardly going to push ticket sales through the roof - infact, just the opposite. I'll be sitting on the seafront prom, with a travel rug over my knees, a flask of tea, some bloater paste sandwiches and a copy of My Weekly............far too much excitement :unsure::Dbiggrin.gif Jo

JO I GOT SOME WICKED CROTCHET PATTERNS whistling.gif ...and it aint far from mine i will make ya a fresh brew hun...and pop along and tuck yr blankie round yer knees.....the wind can be nippy accross the channel ya know.....

cookie :wicked:

Social source share

Ms Wallace, you still owe me a round of crazygolf girl.. you stood me up in Rimini if you remember whistling.gif

I take it we're visiting this gig then Lindsay? :wicked:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

:D

Put me name down for the crazy golf too....Jo I got a great idea using that pic u sent would make the game far more interesting :thumbsup:

what, the 'adonis arse' photo :lol: ahh, now I could put my ball on that and tee off :lol: so anyone who wants to challenge me to a round of Crazy Golf...........the gauntlet is down and the challenge is ON.........this is SO going to be a good weekend :lol: .Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Ms Wallace, you still owe me a round of crazygolf girl.. you stood me up in Rimini if you remember :lol:

I take it we're visiting this gig then Lindsay? :lol:

Ahem, i was doing an interesting study of tattoos :D checking them for posterity :thumbsup: but this time I won't have such frivalous distractions. I'll see you at the chicane with a watermill :lol: I can't wait.........this is going to be such a laff.............. :D Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

JO I GOT SOME WICKED CROTCHET PATTERNS :thumbsup: ...and it aint far from mine i will make ya a fresh brew hun...and pop along and tuck yr blankie round yer knees.....the wind can be nippy accross the channel ya know.....

cookie :lol:

Cookie, what a top hole offer..........but me thinks, you'll be limbering up for a round of Crazy Golf.....looks like me and the girlz are right up for it :lol: whaddya think..........I could crochet a bag to keep my clubs in.... :D Plus the Masqueraders will be appearing at the Severn Souls Weekender........just to keep things on topic :lol: Jo

Social source share

Enough Bikini "fall-out" talk girls and some of the boys too.....

Ok got a quick message last night on a base price as i have had loads of PMs about it

just a start price and a bit of what you get.

START PRICE

£45 PER PERSON = 6 SHARE A 2 BEDROOMED CLASSIC APPARTMENT

£45 PER PERSON = 4 SHARE A 1 BED BUDGET APPARTMENT.

Thats for THREE NIGHTS ACCOM.(friday, saturday, sunday) and full entry into all venues/concerts.

starts friday 23rd June afternoon sessions, evening sessions then into A two roomed all-nighter til 8.00 am sat.

saturday 24th June planned afternoon sessions, inc Soul Bar-B -Q, Themed S.west event in afternoon, pub / patio / lifes a beach Shorts and Shades sessions. large screen football.

sat night evening sessions then into 2 roomed all-nighter with THE MASQUERADERS doing around a ONE HOUR show finnish 8 .00 am sunday morning

Sunday afternoon More football, soul, beach, patio etc (may be Bikini Girls / boys DJing)

Sunday night 8 pm til 2.00 am (or later) 2 rooms inc Rob Wigleys Birthday party :P

ALL BARS OPEN ALL-NIGHT :( NOON TIL 8.00am :P

NO DANCE -HALL/ WEEKENDER ONLY PASSES AT THIS EVENT --YOU MUST BOOK THE ACCOMMODATION AS WELL

More to follow with dedicated booking line details, Club 1 & 2 bedroom pricing, and Classic 1 bedroom.

there are no Budget 2 bedrooms at this centre by the way.

Social source share

forgot to mention FULL use of centre facilities, Swimming etc, etc, etc,Full details to follow wink.gif

Wot like CIDER drinking and lots of it :thumbsup::yes:

Can,t wait this is gonna be big so book early folks

HB :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert