Dancing Around My Conservatory Tonight

I boogied to many a 60's tune.. including Chapter 5, You Can't Mean It - come on, it has a certain beat you can't ignore doesnt it.

Anyway.. my play list is still thumpin and suddenly my ears are raped by a tune called Tribute to Betty by DJ Denesis.. Raped is certainly the right explanation, simply because it's not an 8 track simple 60's shitter.. however, I'm mesmerised! Whats that all about then? No, you shall'nt see me whipping my hips to your disco shit but this was almost as mesmerising as the chapter 5 thing. Whats going on?

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm now on Virgil Henry.... it's a play list to dye for actually, this tune, although not predominately Northern has a superb musical arrangement - quite massive actually, with a vocal range to nearly match the arrangement although not quite.

Have you ever heard something quite bland and heard it outside the box? Or is is just me?

Social source share

I'm now on Virgil Henry.... it's a play list to dye for actually, this tune, although not predominately Northern has a superb musical arrangement - quite massive actually, with a vocal range to nearly match the arrangement although not quite.

Have you ever heard something quite bland and heard it outside the box? Or is is just me?

Interestingly it is quite bland becuase Viril Henry also recorded as Gil Blanding (or vice versa) :P

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

David.. you can't honestly be calling Gill Blanding? That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flat and boring :P

I'm now on the Drifters.. yes Drifters - what a fandabidozi band, irrespective of their lead singer, mostly, they were fab :P

I'm now on Baby What I Mean :(

Social source share

David.. you can't honestly be calling Gill Blanding? That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo flat and boring :P

I'm now on the Drifters.. yes Drifters - what a fandabidozi band, irrespective of their lead singer, mostly, they were fab :(

I'm now on Baby What I Mean :(

at last , one I have heard of , hence the response :P

Social source share

at last , one I have heard of , hence the response :P

I know exactly where you're coming from.. so many quotes from many an artise that you think.. who?... What or who do you like then? Don't worry, irrespective of what the locals say here, you dont have to be scared :P

Social source share

Gil Banding is the best oldies record ever

Virgil Henry - You Ain't Saying Nothing New is a medioce pile of shite.

Chalk n cheese.

Your almost right about Virgil :P It is really medocore.. pile of shite I almost agree with, contrary to my previous posts... it's quite large, quite orchestral is'nt it?

Social source share

Chalk n cheese.

BIN PLAYING GIL BLANDING IN SOME OF MY SPOTS WELL WORTH A SPIN :P

HB :P

Social source share

Your cards marked, minature bud bottles, jukebox and analy clean ashtrays all add to your marked status :(

GOT TO HAVE CLEAN ASHTRAYS I HATE PEOPLE WHO PUT PAPER IN ASHTRAYS :P

AS FOR MINI BUDS RUN OUT BACK ON THE CIDER TONITE :P

HB :(

Social source share

Aside from all the banter above, true dancers, you can't dismiss Chapter 5, You Cant Mean It.. the beat, melody, strings, everything.. it's a dancers dream isn't it :P

Social source share

Aside from all the banter above, true dancers, you can't dismiss Chapter 5, You Cant Mean It.. the beat, melody, strings, everything.. it's a dancers dream isn't it :P

Totally agree, have always liked this and always dance to it, shame its not played out so much, believe AndyBB's now got a copy so hopefully we will hear it more often now :P

Social source share

I've just listened to them again Dave & there is some similarity in vocal delivery, but I still ain't buying into it. Where did you receive said duff info from?

what duff info Col, you say its duff not me :P its fact!

got it from memory and cant remember where i got it from lol. something about Gil's brother was killed in Vietnam - he was called Henry - Gil's full name is Virgil and so he started recorded as Virgil Henry out of memory of his brother.

:P

Social source share

Chalk n cheese.

Might be chalk and cheese :yes: but Ain't Saying Nothing New is a great record IMHO :thumbsup: Always been a fave Motown of mine.

Now Chapter Five...that is bland crock of pop shite....IMHO of course :yes:laugh.gif

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Totally agree, have always liked this and always dance to it, shame its not played out so much, believe AndyBB's now got a copy so hopefully we will hear it more often now :yes:
Yes,and i found him it..... :yes: ,and now i`m allmost sick of hearing it....... :thumbsup:
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert