Jimmy Burns On Dispo

Garethx

Can anyone post up a soundfile of the re-issued version of Jimmy Burns' "Can't Get Over" on Dispo. I have a soundfile of the original, rare release, but understand that the re-issue is a different mix or version. It is the latter I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance, gareth.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Gareth

Yes, the later Jimmy Burns recording is a totally different one. Better too IMHO, much tougher production. I'll gladly post a soundfile if some kind soul could explain in plain English how to do it - or where to look for instructions? :thumbsup:

Steve

Social source share

Can anyone post up a soundfile of the re-issued version of Jimmy Burns' "Can't Get Over" on Dispo. I have a soundfile of the original, rare release, but understand that the re-issue is a different mix or version. It is the latter I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance, gareth.

Hi Gareth,

Don't know how to post tunes up on here mate, but send me and email and i will attach a file with the track on( think i know how to do that?)

Anyway i think it sounds the same, i know Soul Sam got the 45 version from Adey Pierce i think,who got a couple of copys from jimmy's brother in chicago a few years back.

Hope that is of some help to you mate.

cheers ANDY MANN :thumbsup:

PS you can still pick the twelve quite easy i think

Social source share

Hi Gareth,

Don't know how to post tunes up on here mate, but send me and email and i will attach a file with the track on( think i know how to do that?)

Anyway i think it sounds the same, i know Soul Sam got the 45 version from Adey Pierce i think,who got a couple of copys from jimmy's brother in chicago a few years back.

Hope that is of some help to you mate.

cheers ANDY MANN :thumbsup:

PS you can still pick the twelve quite easy i think

Agree the 12 is better. Seem to recall that the other copy that Adey Pierce had also resides in the same village as Sam lives. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Agree the 12 is better. Seem to recall that the other copy that Adey Pierce had also resides in the same village as Sam lives. :lol:

Steve - you're correct, I have the other 7".

Brian

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert