What Do You Think Off This?just One Listen Please

you propably think its nothing but still this was never released well you will hear who it is

but tell me what you think of it(if the link works at least...)

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey Nico.

I remember when Never gonna give you up was a big sound there was some kind of rumour going around that it was not Rick Astley doing the vocals but some black guy with a decent voice.Apparently Rick Astley couldnt sing a note but could mime very well.

Any truth in these rumours?

Social source share

Hey Nico.

I remember when Never gonna give you up was a big sound there was some kind of rumour going around that it was not Rick Astley doing the vocals but some black guy with a decent voice.Apparently Rick Astley couldnt sing a note but could mime very well.

Any truth in these rumours?

oh come on you still beleve that?

give the guy at least the credit that he can sing a bit.

i saw him 2times so no,the rumours are false

Edited by nico(astleyfan)
Social source share

An absolutely pointless cover version. I got the lastest Rick Astley cd for my missus, the cover versions one, and it sounds like it's not even completed, like a collection of demos. Maybe it is! Terrible...all that we need is a cry for help!

dont hold back pete

tell it how it is

see you at prestatyn

Social source share

dont hold back pete

tell it how it is

see you at prestatyn

Not this year mate...too cold for me!

well i tried :thumbsup:

Do you not see what I'm on about that CD though, it's nearly all piano backing and little else, am I listening to the finished version or did it somehow leak out before it was finished? I've had it about 3 months.

Social source share

An absolutely pointless cover version. I got the lastest Rick Astley cd for my missus, the cover versions one, and it sounds like it's not even completed, like a collection of demos. Maybe it is! Terrible...all that we need is a cry for help!

slightly off thread but well connected "never gonna give you up" ricks big one, who did the female reggae version (well reccomended)

slightly off thread but well connected "never gonna give you up" ricks big one, who did the female reggae version (well reccomended)

plus sorry i forgot to reply to the original thread "not bad at all"

Social source share

plus sorry i forgot to reply to the original thread "not bad at all"

oofff finally some positive feedback...

Social source share

can u remember clive griffin, very astley but better :thumbsup:

i have all his cd's well at least the ones he made(3)

i think he was great very soulfull,i put this clip off aint too proud to beg just to show that rick astley can do much better that he did on his records,and this clive griffin guy really did this in his music he had a lot of soul,i liked kenny thomas too but clive griffin was better

i still play his music from time to time

ps:what do you think off michael mcdonald's motouwn records he made,i thought they were very good

nico

Social source share

A run of the mill vocal perfomance that sounds like the kind of strained, forced and affected souless drivel you'd get from a failed Pop Idol or the X-Factor audition - totally lacking any conviction and as Pete says, absolutely pointless. Sorry, I just don't believe he is 'too proud to beg', don't believe a word he sings infact, and that's what matters. The backing is syrupy, over produced and slicked to the point of being as close to a corporate friendly function band performance as you'd like. Dreadful and a bit offensive in truth when you put it next to the real thing. But you asked for opinions so expect it to be ripped up as well as praised. But thanks for sharing, all the same. :thumbsup:

Social source share

i have all his cd's well at least the ones he made(3)

i think he was great very soulfull,i put this clip off aint too proud to beg just to show that rick astley can do much better that he did on his records,and this clive griffin guy really did this in his music he had a lot of soul,i liked kenny thomas too but clive griffin was better

i still play his music from time to time

ps:what do you think off michael mcdonald's motouwn records he made,i thought they were very good

Not heard the michael mcdonald things, but in the same vane not so long ago someone posted up an alexander o,neil track up which when i played it sounded very familier, so much that i could sing along, i tracked down the alexander cd containing this track and upon reading the credits i realised the track in question was also recorded by michael bolton, who released it as a single years ago and thats where id heard it (alex version is better !)

nico

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert